Push It

Back quickly to report that my double for today was a GO :cool: I did premix one of Ride. I didn't actually do everything Cathe did. I stayed more in the vein of the endurance ride parameters from this morning. Tomorrow is leg day, so I didn't want this to be a leg workout. Just a nice easy ride to enjoy the music in Ride, which I really like :D I also did Core #1 from XTrain. Those banana rolls are TERRIBLE!! I did what I could, but it was not nearly as many as Cathe and crew :mad:

BBT for another check-in and personals....night!!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

So it turns out that the class only wants to use the roller for part of the class. They just really can't do some of the exercises and so they aren't feeling the love, or that they're getting a workout.

I was very happy for the feedback, and I did know that they were having a hard time. That is why I asked them again how they were doing and if they wanted to continue using the roller.

I know exactly which exercises we need to skip; all the ones that require them to support their body weight with their arms/hands. I'm going to have to get them stronger; with one class a week it's going to take a long time. I don't know that I'll be able to encourage any of them to do pushups during the week but I will try!

This morning I have a dental apt at 8 (just checkup/cleaning). I hate 8am apts. I'm up early, though, so I'll have plenty of time to do a thorough upper body workout with some glutes. I really haven't done any cardio this week, though - the little bit in Ripped on Wednesday wasn't any big deal, really.

Toni,
I'm very happy for you - your weight and waist numbers are great! Sounds like you had a great endurance ride - nice!

It sounds to me like you handle double workouts just fine, yourself! Thanks, though:)

Tash,
Those men in the Lucky 7 workout must be lifting cupcakes compared to what you're lifting! The heavier the weights are for me the slower I go. Your workout sounded awesome! I'm struggling to figure out what BBW is but as soon as I get downstairs and look at the DVDs I know I will figure it out. It's early;)

Sigh, I am sorry that the chinup bar won't work for you; I think you need to move to St. Louis:D

Thanks for the recipe! Looking forward to trying it! I'll find a way to get to it, I'll have to log out and then click on the thread:rolleyes::confused:

Stacie,
That's too funny... the torture disc! LOL!

Your menu sounds awesome! It's cool and refreshing (haha) that you make your own sherbet! A veggie tray and chips/salsa sounds awesome! What time should I be there?!

I also would be de-cluttering as well if I had someone who did it professionally coming over. Good luck getting it all done! ON the other hand, though, she has to have seen some really out-of-shape places and wouldn't even bat an eye at whatever she sees in your house. Besides, she's your friend and understands -- single mom, full time job - preparing an awesome dinner for them. No worries!

Heartymax,
Great job on the concentration curls! I hate them, too. Ugh. Glad to hear you sucked it up. Enjoy your DOMS tomorrow;)

That's funny, "stalking" the lady at church:D Yep - I'll be on the hunt! LOL!

Gotta go so I don't run out of time for concentration curls:D Have a fabulous day!

I planned today to be a rest day. I think I need it to be at my best for a run on Saturday. A coworker let me borrow P90x to preview and see if DH and I like it. She encouraged me to check out Plyometrics. Well I just finished looking at it and the moves remind me of Cathe moves but with different names. I know watching and doing are two different things but I plan to try this one next week. Not sure what to expect. LOL!! Who has tried this??

Heartymax,
Craig has it but he didn't do it. The only thing I've tried is the Yoga, and for Yoga it is not bad (remember I'm not a Yogi); it's not relaxing, I found it to be a workout. That's probably not really the feedback you were looking for but I had to chime in 'cuz sometimes that's just the way I roll.

I do like Tony Horton or whatever his name is - I thought he was a good instructor in the Yoga.

Their P90X chinup bar is on sale (Beachbody.com) - I highly recommend it!

Hi everyone :)

My w/o on Thurs was Jessica Smith 35min walk/jog intervals. I really liked this one because she does it with her mom! How cute :). Speaking of jogging -- it's HARD! I can do plyo no problem, but jogging is a different animal :eek:. I'm definitely humbled by anyone who runs.

Yesterday I was going to forgo the w/o since I already did a 4 mile walk (to the rec center and back with Bella so she could participate in children gym activities). But around 4pm I got this burst of energy and an itching to do some boxing w/my new gloves. So I did Hardstrikes (cardio only). Harder with those gloves, I gotta admit!

Heartymax
I have Susan (from our old check-in) on FB and she's been doing P90X and loves it.

Stacie
Your new Avatar is SO cute!
I bought my BB set on Amazon.ca and received the Tempo + Lucky 7 w/o's with it (no supplements). If you end up getting Combat, I'm going to be super jealous :eek:.
Congrats on the promotion! You deserve it :).

Jennifer
As for the Lucky 7 w/o's, the weight remains the same throughout the entire set, but by the time you get to 7R you are very fatigued! The first circuit is an uneven push-up (over the EZ bar, switching hands) into a clean and press, down into a squat. It's a lot of up and down that I can only do so fast for pete's sake :mad:. BTW, you can buy that one, and the Tempo w/o's separately (if you are interested :D ;)).
You don't think your class would embrace modified knee push-ups or table-top? You never know, they might like the challenge :eek:.

Toni
I meant to ask you, are you taking the hiking trip alone? If so, I'M JEALOUS!

Have a great w/e everyone!

It's a beautiful Saturday!

I went to the women's conference last night; didn't find the woman I was hoping to meet but oh well.

Yesterday was Burnsets and Glutes.
This morning I did Crossfire; I love that workout!

Tash,
Thank you for the recipe pics; I was glad to see that I have all the ingredients so it didn't require any special shopping.

Also, good to know about the Tempo and Lucky 7 workouts being sold separately! One day, for sure, I will have them.

We do pushups in class; it's getting them to do them on their own during the week that will be the challenge. If I can get them to do them during the week then they will be able get stronger faster and they will be able to handle some of the other exercises that require some upper body strength.

Very nice that you did Hard Strikes with the gloves! What a nice energy burst:)

Have an awesome day!

Did 3 miles with DH this morning. It rained all day yesterday so it was a comfortable and cool run.

Jennifer---my legs are so tired from the run so I wonder when I will actually have energy to do Plyometrics. Almost time for the Roadtrip!! I am excited. I need to book my train ticket.

G'morning ladies :)

My w/o on Sat was a 3 mile walk + BB Lucky 7. I really enjoy that w/o! It's only 22min, but man I'm sweating like crazy at the end. It works the entire body very well, especially shoulder's. I also did 2 rounds of Nia's Deload Circuit (recommended for recovery weeks - she calls them Deload weeks). It has: 10 goblet squats, 10 push-ups, 10 KB swings, 10 inverted row, 30 sec plank. It was AWESOME :eek:.

I had my cousin's daughter baptism yesterday, but I managed to squeeze in a goodie that I have not done in a long time - Circuit Blast! There are a lot of hard moves in that one that I used to either modify or not do as many reps as Cathe. One was the high plank (one arm, one leg extended) down into a push-up. I DID THEM ALL!

Heartymax

Congrats on another run :eek:.

Jennifer

Sorry you didn't meet the women you intended to :(. There's always next time :).
I meant to tell you something about Cathe and front squats. She actually does them in her STS Squat Rack w/o's. I thought I saw her doing them somewhere, I just couldn't remember where. I went to preview the w/o, and there she was, doing the good ol' front squat BUT her hands were holding the bar. Do you place the bar on your collar bone with your hands underneath or crossed? Another thing I noticed is that her feet are directly in front instead of slightly turned outwards. I find that I can go way deeper in my squat with my feet placed outwards.

Have a good day!

Just finished Plyometrics from P90x. I just don't think it as intense as a Cathe Hiit workout. Several of the moves are very similar to Cathe's except at a slower pace. I need breaks when doing 40/20---no breaks needed at all during this workout. It was a good change and I know my legs got a good cardio workout and I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. I also did 4 sets of push ups 16,17,14,20. The challenge calls for 5 sets but I am think I am going to focus on doing 4 this time. Sets 3 and 4 are the same so I think I will skip set 4 take a few extra seconds and try to max out at the final -----I guess I can call it Total Failure--LOL!

Today is my DS11 5th grade promotion so I am off work today. DH wanted me to go on a run but I decided to do Plyometrics instead.

Last edited:
Good morning, ladies!
Yesterday I was a cleaning maniac... scrubbed the shower, vaccuumed and rug-doctored the upstairs, vaccuumed the basement and the stairs, & cleaned the workout room. I washed down the foam rollers, too.

I also did the Pyramid Up premix. It was a nice change of pace. It almost felt like a deloading workout compared to the Burnsets on Friday!

This moring I did Glutes; I'm on a new set of exercises for weeks 9-12. The cable hip rotation is still in there, but now there is a new Kneeling cable rotation... wow, that one really hits the glutes and obliques hard, not to mention it works the arms. LOVE it!

Tash, I bet the baptisim was nice:)

I bow to you! WOW, I'll say it backwards - WOW - Those 1-arm plank/to pushups in Circut Blast are a killer - congrats on doing all of them! It's been a while since I did that workout but I know I didn't do all of those!

Nia's workout sounds great - 10 reps each of all those exercises plus the plank sounds like it was just enought to work you out and make you feel great without being completely spent. Sounds like the perfect deload workout!

I don't have the STS (only the single Total Body dvd) program but Stacie had also mentioned Cathe does a front squat in it. I guess the thing about front squats -- for me, anyway -- it's more about getting super deep than just doing a front squat.
Yep, my knees and toes go out when I get low; does Cathe get super low in her front squats with her knees forward?

The TT isn't tall enough for me to make the bar stick so I've just been holding the 50# bar with my wrists back. That worked well for a few weeks but by week 4 one of my wrists were bothering me... so instead of using a bar I held 2 25# dumbbells. That's a comfortable way for me to do a front squat and also get down super low. I probably should get an E-Z bar but it's another piece of equipment to use when dumbbells do the trick. Do you think there's a big difference between the two forms - ez bar versus dumbbells? I also love the goblet squat for going low - it rocks!

I planned to make that crockpot recipe this weekend but we ended up going out for dinner with friends Saturday night, and then Sunday Craig wanted to grill the chicken that I thawed for the recipe - but I couldn't pass that up;) We also put zucchini and summer squash in foil, sliced it length-wise, seasoned with S&P and butter and cooked it on the grill - it was so good:)

Heartymax,
Thanks for the review on Plyo-P90X! Since we do have it I might give it a try. Please give a review on the other discs that you do!

That's a great idea -- doing 4 sets and going to failure on the last one; nice numbers!

Congrats on DS11's promotion from 5th grade! On to Junior highschool now. How exciting for him! Enjoy your day off:D

I also have to book my plane ticket. I leave for MT on the 29th and ended up having to go first class; I hope I don't get so spoiled that I have to go first class to NJ! I would love to have time to take a train ride there instead of a plane but oh well.

Stacie,
I hope you had a great time Saturday night. Did Tyler have fun?
Did you get to do any more workouts?

Toni,
How did your workouts go over the weekend? You leave in a couple weeks, right?!

Have an awesome day everyone!

Good morning ladies! It was a whirlwind of a weekend and I'm slightly stressed out that the week doesn't look much better. Saturday was a really crazy day. I wound up making breakfast for my neighbor and her 3 three adult children since they were running late for the wedding. They also asked me to watch an extra dog which I kept my place because she tends to destroy things when left unattended. Plus, the other two dogs are having health issues and she can be pretty active. Unfortunately, one of the doors to my entertainment center got broken because Tyler left it open and the dogs crashed into it while playing which caused it to nearly split in two. I also spent a huge amount of time cleaning -- we made good progress but I still wished I could have worked on the kitchen more. Dinner was good but less dishes than I had anticipated. Needless to say, Saturday became a rest day and Sunday as well because I was absolutely beat. Friday night was BB Shoulders. Overall, we haven't been doing so well with the workouts. We are only averaging 4 days a week the past three weeks.

Toni
I envy you for getting in two workouts a day now and then. I have wanted to do that for months now but there never seems to be enough time. Hopefully some day I will get it together.

Banana rolls are awful! I don't know how Cathe and her crew can so many so fast.

Have you tried out any more of the new spinning DVDs?

HeartyMax
Thank you so much for the review of P90x Plyo! I have been wondering about that workout for awhile since I heard it was super hard. P90x is something that I have looked at several times if you do a rotation you'll have to let us know how it is.

Are you doing the 100 pushup challenge again? I think I missed that in your previous posts.

Congrats to DS on his graduation!!!! He's onto middle school now right? Our middle school is only 7th and 8th grade for some reason.

Natasha
Thanks for the compliment on the avatar!!! I took that picture at the baseball game a couple of weeks ago. I should post the one I have of Tyler, my neighbor and me. She feels like she is grandma and we have even started referring to her as his honorary grandma! She loves it!

I remember now that you got your set from Amazon.ca. I didn't realize that it came with the bonus workouts. I wonder now if Amazon.com has the same deal. It doesn't mention a thing about it in the description. Oh well...it's too late now. I have the set I have and I will just either get the other two workouts from a Beachbody coach or used on ebay.

I haven't done Circuit Blast yet but I have heard really good things about it! Great job on progressing forward and being able to do the workout without the mods!!!

Jennifer
Thanks for the message about knees and stretching. I do find that I have less problems if I had more knee stretches before and after the workout. I think I have found a happy place with step by doing the workouts with one riser. It seems like my knees like that. The weird thing is that I can run just fine and not have any problems. To be honest, my right heel bothers me more than my knees now.

Sorry you didn't run into the woman you were hoping to at the conference! Is it an annual one? Maybe you can catch her at the next one?

Push ups are a great for the upper body! I'm glad you are incorporating them in your class. I only have one pilates DVD and too be honest I didn't really care for it -- I've never taken a pilates class! Have you heard of Ana Caban?
I've thought about getting one of her DVDs because I have read really good things about her instructing style.

Well, I'd better get back to work! Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone :)

My w/o yesterday was BB Build Chest & Tri's + 30min barefoot walk by Jessica Smith. It was raining out so Bella and I did not get the chance to go outside :(. I really pushed myself yesterday and OH BOY do I feel massive DOMS today :eek:. Somehow, someway, my triceps WILL surrender ;).

Stacie
Sorry to hear about all the stresses going on :(. Hopefully things calm down very soon.
I think you have been doing great with your w/o's, actually. 4X/week is still good. I was averaging 5X/week because frankly I was just too darn sore, and I'm trying give my body more time to recover anyway. Did you know that in Nia program, she only has you doing 3-4X/week workouts? The rest of the days she advocates enjoyable outdoor activities like walking, hiking, biking, stuff like that.

Jennifer
Meh, the baptism was ok. Everyone seemed to be in a bad mood for some reason :confused:.
The 1 arm/1 leg plank is actually in BB cardio. That's why I was effortlessly able to do that move -- lot's of practice. Thank you for WOW'ing me :).
As far as I could see, Cathe went to parallel with her feet forward. I'm practicing on getting lower, but I find it very hard to do unless my feet are turned outwards.
The EZ bar makes bicep curls, scull crushers, overhead presses, rows, much more wrist friendly because of the curves in the bar. I don't use my reg barbell for those moves anymore. Because you have a temperamental wrist, it might be of your best interest to invest in an EZ. They are relatively cheap too.

Heartymax
:eek::eek::eek: = my reaction to all those push-ups you did.

Good morning! This moring I did a new set of exercises for glutes and then I did the cardio portions only of To The Max. I needed some HiiT and Tabata and Step - that fit the bill!

Stacie,
I love your avatar picture! Looks like you and Tyler are having a really good time! I love your hair. My "curley" hair is more wavey and frizzy unless I do a blow-out with a round brush but your curls are beautiful!

It sounds like Saturday was a pretty crazy day - definltely not an actual Rest day. It was very neighborly of you to feed her adult kids and watch their dog. Sounds like you and she have developed a nice relationship:)

I looked into some DVDs on Collage but in less than 2 minutes it really is hard to tell which ones will really be interesting and good.

I had not heard of Ana Caban but I checked out some of her stuff on Collage. She seems to incorporate some Yoga, and the setting is natureful. She has a Pilates Body Band workout that looks interesting.

Karen Voight has a Ballet Body Sculpt that might be good (no roller).
Mari Windsor's Lower Body Pilates looks good; no equipment.
There are a couple "10 Minute Solutions" dvds that use a band (Tighten and Tone and Slim and Sculpt) that might also be good.

Tash,
Haha, Cheers to surrendering your triceps:D

Barefoot walking (indoors) is good; people depend so heavily on their shoes for balance and stability. Take away the shoes and balance and stability are a whole new game! Obviously if outdoors the minimalist shoes are better since they protect the feet from the elements such as glass and rocks. I have a little lift that I wear in one of my shoes so the minimalist shoes would be a better option for me than barefoot, anyway. I would like a pair but it never makes it on to my shopping list.

I'll have to look into an e-z bar at some point since they are inexpensive but until then I'll just use dumbbells. I knew they were wrist-friendly but I didn't really see the value of it since dumbbells work so well - however I realize that eventually I will be too strong for the dumbbells (one day!) and will need to use a bar to add more weight.

I best get - have an awesome day!

Good morning! Last night has BB Chest & Tris. I upped the weight for bench presses and I definitely felt it. The DOMS is slowly kicking in! I still think the worst part of that workout is the partial flys :eek:! Next week I think we will move onto the Build phase.

Is everyone excited that Cathe is going to start filming soon???

Natasha
Sorry to hear people were grouchy at the Baptism...it's funny how that works sometimes. Family events can be like that for my family too.

Thanks for the comment about the 4x a week. I feel kinda bad about it because we have been leaving out the cardio and just making sure to hit each muscle group each week.

How many more weeks of BB do you have left? .

Jennifer
I have to say I agree with Natasha about the EZ bar. It's shorter so it feels less awkward for many moves. I have no regrets about getting one.

Thanks for the compliment on my avatar and my hair! It used to be really frizzy as well but I find that Redken tames it nicely. It's expensive but worth it! Have you tried it?

Thanks also for the DVD reviews. I'll have to look into some of the ones you have mentioned! I keep seeing foam rollers in different stores and they always remind me of you.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!!

Hello!! Sorry I have been MIA. Been a little busy lately. I have kept up with my workouts though :D

Fri: XT Legs

Sun: IMAX2 :eek: in the morning. MMA Boxing(no drills) + HC 101 in the evening

Mon: STS M2 W3 Back/Bicep
Tues: Spinning strength DVD

I tried to do STS Legs last Friday, but my knees just do not like it. I felt the same way the first week of M2, but I just thought it was because I didn't have my knee braces on. On Friday I had the knee braces on and by the time I got through the second set of the first triset I knew I was not going to be able to finish the workout. It was very uncomfortable. So I just quickly switched to XT Legs and my knees were immediately happy :) I'm going to do Gym Style Legs for the remainder of M2, which is okay with me cause I've really only done that one once.

Stacie
Might I ask how much you are lifting for bench presses? I'm always interested to see where I fall relative to others. Not that it really matters one way or the other(I can only do what I can do), but it's always interesting to see the comparison.

Jennifer
Are you seeing any results from your glute workouts?

Tasha
I am happy to report that I now have BOTH pieces of my tricep muscle visible :eek: I have been telling my husband for MONTHS that I'm working on getting the other 'piece' of my tricep. For the longest time you could only see half of the wishbone shape...LOL!!

HeartyMax
I have done the P90X plyo workout. I agree with you...it's a slower pace than Cathe. Definately in the doable range.

Hi Toni! BB (at least the phase I am in) is based on single sets, super sets, and giant sets. You start with 15 reps for a set, take a break, do 12 reps , take a break, and then do 8 reps (sometimes followed by a drop set). For all of the sets yesterday I used 17.5lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs, and then 20lbs for the drop set. Sagi is a crazy man -- he usually doubles his weight between the first set with 15 reps and the last set of 8. Before yesterday, I was doing 15lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs, and then 20lbs again.

Back to report my double for the day was AfterBurn - one time through premix. I modified all plank like moves to full crunches. My strength spin workout this morning takes a lot out of my legs and I didn't want to over do it. I also did STS abs - no equip. Well minus all plank work so I did about half of it. I think between my two workouts today I *might* have burned enough calories to break even. I had hibachi for lunch with co-workers and Red Lobster with my daughter for dinner. I'll begin again tomorrow with the eating.

Hello fit & fab ones :)

My w/o yesterday was BB Bulk Legs + 1hr walk with Bella outside. I really killed my legs yesterday :eek: and already feeling some nice DOMS today :D.

Right now I'm in the Beast Phase, which lasts 4 weeks. It might take me upwards of 5 weeks though since I usually w/o 5X/week instead of 6X. In this phase, the cardio is upped to 2X/week for 2 weeks only (thank goodness!) however you have the option to do 1 cardio + 1 total body instead. I think I'm taking the 2nd option :D.

Stacie

Love your chest #'s! I will admit that chest is my strong suit too. Have you tried using your barbell for the presses instead of the dumbbell's? I alternate weekly.
Are you going into the Bulk Phase? How is your neighbor liking the w/o's?
I meant to tell you that is was SO nice of you do all that stuff for your neighbor and her children :).

Toni
Congrats on the triceps :eek:.
As I recall correctly, M2 Legs was a little harsh on my knee's too. Not sure why :confused:.

Jennifer
That pic with Whisper photo bombing is too cute! Another thing I forgot to mention was how I noticed the flag outside your home. I love how USA residents are very patriotic. You will rarely see a Canadian flag outside of someone's home here :(.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning,
I rested this morning. Well, not actually rested; I got up early to get to work early. I'll get to the gym tonight for Ripped and Pilates.

Tomorrow will actually be a rest day since I'll need to get to work early and leave early... We're going to see a comedian at a small venue and have dinner before the show. It's an early birthay present to Craig; we're going to have a great time!

Toni,
Awesome to see the triceps - nice job!

There was a post on RT FB page - what makes a Cathelete - I think it's what you just did... switched leg DVDs instead of giving up on your workout;)

As for the Get Glutes program - most definitely. I am very happy. I'm in week 9 of 12 and I still have room for improvement as far as strength, balance, and bouncing a quarter off my butt/thighs (haha); however, I cannot deny my progress. My rear end and thighs definitely look better - Craig has noticed it, too:); clothes look better on me, I have had to donate some of them because they don't fit at all anymore, and I've had to buy some new ones.

The key to a great glute program is variety of key muscle groups; it is definitely not all about just squats, lunges, deadlifts, and even not just hip thrusts; the variations of those exercises plus a few other ones have really made the difference for me. They are large and strong muscle groups so they do require a lot more work than upper body.

Another great thing is that the workouts are between 30-35 minutes which leaves me time for abs or a HiiT workout... it still leaves me a couple days to do Upper body, and give me a rest day. The glute program also works my upper body, though, that's for sure - that's a nice bonus:cool:

Tash,
TBH we don't always have our Flag out. I put it out for the picture (and Holidays of course) because otherwise there would just be a white pole sticking out of the ground in the middle of our flowerbed and that would just look creepy;)

Cool deal about the program and that it gives you the option of 2 cardios or 1 cardio and a full body. It has been nice cutting down on cardio (compared to what I used to do) but I still like to do it a couple times a week. You walk a lot so you're still getting your cardio;)

Stacie,
I am TOTALLY excited that Cathe is filming soon! WooHoo!

Your numbers are fantastic! Also, I agree - very nice job with 4 days/week of weights getting all muscle groups.

I use Redken Smooth Down and it does help. It doesn't have UV filiter so I also use John Frieda's Frizz Ease which is a thermal protectant (hair dryer and the sun). I used to use their shampoo/conditioner but it was a little too heavy for my hair. You must have thick, lustrous hair;) I'm back to using Hydrating Pureology (which is also expenisve but concentrated like Redken) and it helps. I tried WEN for a while and liked it at first but I always end up going back to Pureology.

Heartymax and TmJ, hope all is well!

Have a super-fantastic day, everyone!

Good afternoon! Last night was BB Build Legs -- I don't think that workout will EVER be easy! I read somewhere that the Bulk Legs was even harder :confused::confused::eek::eek:!

I did get some good news last night. I checked my BB set and I do have the Tempo DVD after all!!! :eek::D It was hiding in the last slot in the set. I don't know how I missed it!

I have been thinking about getting Hip Hop Abs since it's so cheap right now and BeachBody coaches are throwing in the Hip Hop Abs extreme. My only concern though is that it might be too easy. Of course, for about $30 total it still sounds like a steal!

Toni
Wow! You have totally been rocking your workouts! I'm sure you burned enough to take care of eating out. I don't know about you but I just can't resist the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster. They are just way too tasty to not eat one :eek:!

Natasha
I have been sticking with the dumbbells for the chest presses. I kinda want to test out my ability with the barbell since I have not done them with the barbell in some time. I was reading on BodyBuilding.com that you using dumbbells is only about 80% of the weight you can do with a barbell. I really need to verify that theory soon!

By the way, how many risers do you use for the step ups with the back lunge? I have been using 4 with the top and it absolutely fries me. I can't tell how it compares to what Sagi and his group are using with the bench.

I was looking at the workout sheets for the next level and it looks most of them are pyramiding up and down. That excites me and scares me at the same time! ;)

Jennifer
I love hearing about the Get Glutes program! Maybe it's better the Brazilian Butt Lift? That's amazing that you got such good results that you even had to get more clothing! You may have posted this already but where did you buy it from? I might have to add that program to my wishlist.

I find that I like the Redken Extreme the best out of the line. Colorado is so dry that it's really hard on hair. I will say that sometimes it feels like it over conditions though and causes break outs on my face :mad:. I still always find myself going back to it. I have heard good things about Pureology too. A sales woman at Ulta talked me into getting Joico once which she said was a cheap version of Purelology. I have only tried the shampoo but I like it as well. I have also been thinking about Wen...what made you stop using it? By the way, I tried DivaCurl and absolutely hated the shampoo and conditioner by itself. My hair looked greasy and awful. I will say that though that the conditioner works great as a leave in conditioner (after using a normal conditioner as well) during the winter months when it gets even drier here.

Happy Hump Day!!!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.