Pure strength....Strong Legs and abs question

L

lynxeagle

In Pure Strength..Strong Legs and abs, can a barbell be used instead of a body bar for the inner thigh and hamstring workouts? What weight would you attach to equal the workout received with the 12 pound bodybar? Thanks.
Jackie

It can't hurt to try!

If your barbell is like Cathe's, it weighs fifteen pounds, in which case, I wouldn't add weight. I personally have one of the Firm padded barbells. It weighs 10 lbs and is shorter than a regular barbell. Adding weight might make it a bit tricky to execute the movements. I have a fifteen lb body bar and it is a really tough work out!

Hi Jackie

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-00 AT 11:26PM (EST)</font></center>

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-00 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

I use a 20 pound barbell because that is all I have and it is also 6' long as opposed to 5'. I thought about getting a bodybar but so far, other things (like new videso) are taking precedence.
I also find that I like to do Cathe's option of putting my resting leg up and behind instead of how Cathe does the inner thigh lifts. Works better for me.

Kim

barbell

I use my barbell all the time for the inner thigh, hamstring work. My barbell is 5 ft and 15 pounds. It gets a little tough but I have always used it. I wouldn't add any weight to it either.

Dumbell works too!

I use a 15 lb dumbbell and rest it on my upper thigh. I find that the Bodybar stresses my knee to much so I try to keep the weight away from the knee joint.

I use Ankle Weights

I don't have a barbell either but I do have some ankle weights and so I have been using them and I have been getting a good workout. I like the ankle weights because I don't have to try and keep a bar in place on my leg.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.