Puppy

Sorry no tips on owning an aussie but I had to say she is just the most adorable fur ball I have ever seen. :D I just want to pick her up and cuddle her to pieces!! :eek:

Aussie shepherds need jobs. She will need a lot to do. They are working dogs. You can get her a little vest (not now, when she is more grown.) to carry water bottles in, this can keep her occupied. It will be her nature to herd things, sheep, other dogs, children etc. Aussies are among the smartest breeds. I always wanted one!

Whatever you do, don't forget she is a dog and will need ample time to be a dog, she isn't really a human child (no matter what she tells you.) as such she will need you to be the pack leader.

Post more puppy pictures when you can. I love doggie pix.

Alisha

Maybe you could train her to help you with workouts: rounding up your shoes and clothes before the workout, getting out the DVD you ask her for, bringing you water and/or a towel during the workout , cleaning up afterwards. :D

Maybe you could train her to help you with workouts: rounding up your shoes and clothes before the workout, getting out the DVD you ask her for, bringing you water and/or a towel during the workout , cleaning up afterwards. :D

That's a thought ! She's afraid of the elliptical. Won't go near it.

She's a water dog. I'll have to make sure the toilet lids are down when she's bigger.

I don't have an aussie but I had to chime in. My friends that own sort of an exotic farm have one and she pretty much taught herself. They are so super smart. They have other dogs too. They are older and still seem to respect "Lucy" like they know she is superior...haha Not that they are not all loved until they can't take it. The two labs they have are just way more rambunctious, and Lucy will keep them at bay if they are trying to jump up on you. To me, she is human like.

What was the name?

Rachel

She is ADORABLE!! How old is she? We have a shorkie. Her name is Tilly and she will be 6 months come April. They are so much fun and give so much love!!

She's adorable. We have had 2 aussies and each have had a personality of their own. First one was a blue merle (passed away a couple of years ago) and the second one is a black tri - see avatar. One thing in common is both were very protective. The first one was very protective of us from people. She did not like for my daughter's friends to come over. The current one is protective from other dogs. She barks violently when others approach us. The first one was very smart and obedient. The current one is smart, but in a defiant kind of way. She seems to reason as to whether or not she should do something she is told to do. The first loved to fetch, especially tennis balls and frisbees.The second one will fetch but after a few times she seems to be bored with the whole thing. They were both people dogs and like to be in our company rather than with our other dog. Both made great running buddies for me. I wish you luck with yours. They make great family members. Once she has gotten all her shots, I would definitely start socializing her with people and other dogs to help make her a well rounded pet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.