pulsatile tinnitus

aycaramba

Does any one suffer from pulsatile tinnitus, constant sound of your heart beat in your ears? If so, any tips, advice would be greatly appreciated. Ths constant sound in my ears is driving me up the wall! Affecting my workouts and every day life! Thank you!

Hi, I have tinnitus but mine is a constant hissing; I've had it for almost 1 year. It was very difficult at first, I went to my GP, ENT and Audiologist, there is no particular cure for this condition but there are many ways to manage it. I recommend reading a book called Rewiring Tinnitus by Glenn Schweitzer, he also offers one-to-one coaching which I did and helped a lot. I would totally stay away from those Facebook groups that all they talk about is gloom and doom, which can make your tinnitus worse. Also a very helpful YouTube person is Julian Cowan, he is fantastic. Again, there are not vitamins, surgeries, medicines that can take it away; it could go away on its own. Meditation has also helped my tinnitus, something that I NEVER thought I would be doing (I just do 10 minutes per day). Also, check out the American Tinnitus Association, which I am a member, it has tons and tons of information to help you cope. So please don't let it get the best of you, I know it's very hard, but it does get better. If you want to talk more about this, just send me a message. Take care.

We've had a bit of a discussion about tinnitus before and my current bout with it is lasting over 2 years. Weird thing is, just last night I was thinking about the time I was having pulsatile tinnitus but I had NO idea it was a thing or even had a name until I just read this. Mine just eventually went away and I've never consulted anyone about any of tinnitus problems since I generally find that doctors aren't in the least bit helpful, nor do I have the money to waste.
I wish I had an answer for you but it seems stress is one of the reason tinnitus occurs so maybe you can figure out was is causing you the most stress and ways to deal with it. Best wishes.

I have pulsatile tinnitus too—mine is in the back of my head. I feel like I have a constant rumbling going on in the back of my head. Thani goodness there is no pain with it. I went to my ENT for the diagnosis. He said that this is something I just have to learn to live with. I also consulted a neurologist and he gave me an RX for anti-anxiety. He said that if I could manage the stress that this tinnitus was causing, I would notice it less. I didn‘t take the Rx. Sometimes it is a lot worse when I first wake up. I’ve had this since mid-April and it just started suddenly.

We can put men on the moon, but we can’t find a cure for tinnitus.

Oh, I also have right ear tinnitus which started exactly one year ago. Very aggravating!

A friend of a friend that had tinnitus got relief by decreasing her sodium intake.

Hello! Thank you all very much for your sharing your experience and your recommendations and suggestions. I will fight through ths and not let it affect my quality of life! Thank you all beautiful ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.