Pull up bar

g_lynn

Cathlete
Has anyone purchased a good pull up bar that was priced under $150? If so, where? I'd like to purchase one but don't want to spend over $150. Please help!

g_lynn

Do you have a Play It Again Sports around your area? I got mine for like 20 or 25 dollars and it was a good one. I don't recall the brand though. I have never seen one as expensive as you listed! Good luck!

Clarissa

I recently bought the Iron Gym that I saw on TV - www.irongymtv.com. It fits to the top of your door frame and is easy to install. I love it. You can pull it down and out of the way quickly. It also comes with abs straps and you can use it on the floor or tricep dips and push ups. I love it. It was only about $49.

Jean Louise

I have the P90X chinup bar and love it! I've had it about a year now and have had NO troubles w/ it. My Mom, brother, brother in law, and some other friends have all bought them after trying out mine.

It's less than $50 from Team Beachbody (I'm a coach). Let me know if you have any questions!

I recently bought the Iron Gym that I saw on TV - www.irongymtv.com. It fits to the top of your door frame and is easy to install. I love it. You can pull it down and out of the way quickly. It also comes with abs straps and you can use it on the floor or tricep dips and push ups. I love it. It was only about $49.

Jean Louise

One warning about this device: If the molding around your door frame is wider than 3-1/2", forget it. My door molding is 5-1/2" and I can't use mine at all. I really needed it, too and was very disappointed. But if you CAN use the Iron Gym bar get it at Bed, Bath and Beyond because it's way cheaper. I was standing in line to buy it for about $39 when a woman handed me a $10-off coupon! BB&B always have $10-off coupons.

I have the P90X chinup bar and love it! I've had it about a year now and have had NO troubles w/ it. My Mom, brother, brother in law, and some other friends have all bought them after trying out mine.

It's less than $50 from Team Beachbody (I'm a coach). Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess, I want to know if this will fit my door frame. As I mentioned previously, my door moldings are 5-1/2" wide so the bar that curves toward you when you hook it on has to be at least 5-1/2" long before it curves out. I just know this won't work, either but I have to ask.

Jess, I want to know if this will fit my door frame. As I mentioned previously, my door moldings are 5-1/2" wide so the bar that curves toward you when you hook it on has to be at least 5-1/2" long before it curves out. I just know this won't work, either but I have to ask.

Hmm... let me measure the bar later and I'll get back to you!

Jean Louise

I bought this at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $29.99 and got $10 off of that... total cost $19.99!

It's great! It works really well for me, but here's a warning... if you're tall it isn't so great. My son is 6'1" tall and it's just not high enough for him. He can use it if he bends his knees so his feet don't touch. If your door way is higher than average, it would work for tall people.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.