Puke Worthy workout

beccajanern

Cathlete
This may be TMI, but today I had my first truly puke worthy workout. I did Lauren Brooks Kettlebells first thing in the morning, fresh out of bed and pushed extra hard. So hard that I threw up afterwards. While I wasn't excited about feeling ill, there was a slight sense of accomplishment that I pushed myself so hard that I threw up. :eek: Gross, I know, but still.

Anyone else ever had a puke-worthy workout?

This may be TMI, but today I had my first truly puke worthy workout. I did Lauren Brooks Kettlebells first thing in the morning, fresh out of bed and pushed extra hard. So hard that I threw up afterwards. While I wasn't excited about feeling ill, there was a slight sense of accomplishment that I pushed myself so hard that I threw up. :eek:

Many a drunken frat boy would be proud to call you one of their own. ;)

I have not had one of these workouts, I guess I don't push myself that hard. Or maybe I have a high threshhold for physical exhaust or something. Either way, I work it hard! hehe:D And a high five your way! Keep up the good work, but don't go barfing every time! lol;):p

I have although I haven't actually puked. I came close a couple of times. Usually it's due to tough Crossfit workouts that are done in the heat and humidity.

This workout almost got me and it wasn't even hot outside. I was going to do it twice through but once was enough. :eek:

200 meter run
20 kettlebell swings
1x bleacher run
400 meter run
40 jump squats
2x bleacher run
600 meter run
60 step ups
3x bleacher run
800 meter run
80 push ups
4x bleacher run

I've gotten close. Honestly I don't like the feeling. But I do understand the sense of accomplishment-pushing one's self to the limit ^5 on a great workout.

Yep....I have been there. I love the 'puke worthy' tag...too funny!
I think it does have a lot to do with how you are feeling because I can the same workout and fly through it or almost kack...I certainly do not mean to get to that point, but I think every advanced exerciser; or person who can really give it over their all can get to that point; albeit not on purpose. It isn't a goal, but when it happens, you can be pretty certain you worked dang hard.

That post made me laugh.

It isn't a goal said:
Exactly! It was definitely not my goal, and not something I hope to experience again anytime soon, but nice to know where the line is.

Those Cross Fit workouts sound INTENSE!

I had the same experience a few years ago after completing a triathlon. I worked really, really hard that day and it was hot!

Not something to which I want to aspire!

Puke Status workouts would just serve to turn me against exercise! To me, exercise should be fun & something I look forward to. Does NOT mean that I don't want to work hard (I work VERY hard!), just not to the point of getting sick. I agree with Kathyrn - that's overdoing it. JMHO.

Puke Status workouts would just serve to turn me against exercise! To me, exercise should be fun & something I look forward to. Does NOT mean that I don't want to work hard (I work VERY hard!), just not to the point of getting sick. I agree with Kathyrn - that's overdoing it. JMHO.

These workouts are fun for me!! I don't strive to puke. I usually take a brief rest when I start getting that feeling but I jump right back into the workout after a couple of minutes of rest.

These workouts are fun for me!! I don't strive to puke. I usually take a brief rest when I start getting that feeling but I jump right back into the workout after a couple of minutes of rest.

Me, too!! There's a huge mental aspect to these that make you push outside the comfort zone.

I've gotten close.

And ironically, it was on the Cardio Coach volume where Sean asks if you're feeling green...I actually did feel green.

It was an odd feeling but a satisfying one as well...:confused:

Different strokes...

...for different folks. Variety is what makes the world go 'round. It's all good.

Uhm... let's just say that me and stall number 6 or 7 at Cathe's gym have history. ;) Note to self, use extreme caution when getting up from floor work preceding a Cathe step class. I never made it to the stretch. :( My only sense of accomplishment at the time was making it to stall number 6 or 7. ;)

Uhm... let's just say that me and stall number 6 or 7 at Cathe's gym have history. ;) Note to self, use extreme caution when getting up from floor work preceding a Cathe step class. I never made it to the stretch. :( My only sense of accomplishment at the time was making it to stall number 6 or 7. ;)

Maybe that stall number should be retired, like an old hockey jersey in honor of you Ms. Liann! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.