PUB/PLB

erinw

Cathlete
I just got PUB/PLB in the mail. I am excited to use it. What is everyone's favorite parts about the workout? Are there good premixes that I should try which combine both workouts? Any premixes that do that in an hour? I didn't know where to find a list of the premixes on this workout. I am really anxious to try this one out!

If you just got your copy you should be able to find the premixes on the main menu of the dvd. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what the premixes are. I enjoy PUB a lot but I don't like all the barbell changes in PLB. I've heard great things about people getting good results with these.

I love PUB and use it a lot for my upper body workout. I like that Cathe uses dumbells as it is easy to switch. I don't also pull out PLB because of the barbell changes (I workout early while rest of the family is sleeping and I think it's loud!) but when I do, I get a really good lower body workout!! I love the PUB premixes too when I am low on time and then just use a little heavier weights.

Have fun!
Mary

My favorite parts of these workouts is the biceps work in upper body and the glute tucks on the stability ball part of PLB.

On the main menu page, look at the very bottom center of the screen. There is a "Bonus Combo" premix there that combines the pyramid up series from both PUB and PLB, alternating upper and lower body work. It'll work ya good! }( And it clocks in at just about 1 hour. That's the only premix that uses both workouts. All the others are under Upper or Lower body on either side of the menu near the bottom.

Hi,

I just got this as well! In fact, I got the 3 Intensity DVDs. I am so excited about these. I've had a chance to do PUB and PLB only once, but am impressed and have the DOMS.

I did PUB last week and still have the DOMS. Doing C&W Sat. and Bootcamp on Mon. added to that, I think. PLB was today. I use ProChallenge bars (these are like BodyBars),instead of a barbell, so I just grabbed whatever weight I needed. I think you can use dumbells for all of the weight work in PLB, except perhaps the squats. I've seen folks rest them on their shoulders, but I don't like it. I can pile on the ChallengePro bars better on my shoulders, since they are padded.

The ball work in PLB is tough, for me at least. I was whinning by that point, but loving it! The music on both workouts is great too!

I'm no help on the premixes yet. But did find on the main menu a selection called Bonus Workout, or somthing like that. I played it while cooking breakfast. It seems to be parts of both workouts put together. I'm not sure it has all of it, or just half. Probably half of each.

Have fun!:) I am loving these!

Sandra

I've only used PUB so far and really love it. You'll get a kick out of Cathe's "outer body experience" during the bicep curls. :7

Hi Green! You are right, The "Outer Body Experience" will get you!

When I do PLB I substitute dumbells throughout quite a bit of the workout so that I'm not continually changing the barbell and making the workout take longer!!!

Terri

I did PLB today and I just love that workout. I use 15# DBs, a BB set at 35#, and 20# DBs so I don't have to change a thing. When she is using 25, 30, and 35#... I set the BB at 25#, change one side when she is going to 30, grab 15# DBs and do that set, then change the other side when she is going to 35# and do the 35# BB set. I flows pretty smoothly this way and I never have to hit pause.

Thanks for all the info, ladies. I did use PUB for the first time this morning and it nearly kicked my butt (or should I say arms). ;) I can't use nearly as heavy a weight as Cathe does, though that could be because I am 5 1/2 months pregnant. I was shocked to use Cathe's lowest weight as my heaviest weight on both chest and bicep work! Oh well, at least I finished it. My arms are feeling it!

I plan on doing PLB on Thursday, but look forward to trying out the Bonus Combo the most, since it combines both workouts. Thanks again!

I did the total body combo last Wednesday and again last night. It's a great total body workout! And, it does clock in at just under an hour. It uses the pyramid up cycle of squats, leg press, chest, back, leg press (again), lunges, shoulders, dead lifts, calf raises, triceps and biceps. It doesn't include the abs, so I do them after the warm up (I can't do all those pikes after my arms are fried). I also felt like the stretch was a little too short, so I did Total Body Stretching, which made the whole thing take more than hour, but I had extra time yesterday.

Anyway, I'm going to do it again later in the week as my second total body weight workout this week. I think it will make me stronger, I had an easier time with the last set of biceps last night than I did last week. Enjoy!

anne

I did PLB yesterday and wasn't that impressed. I got so tired of all the barbell changes. And I couldn't do most of the floor work since I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and can't lie flat for that long and exercise. So, I added on the ab section from PUB (modifying, of course). I think B&G is much better, IMO.

I did like PUB much better, and am anxious to try the Bonus Combo that combines both.

What I like most about PLB is that it hits all the lower body muscles, with just the right moves and nothing superfluous, even without the ball work. What I don't like are the "hurry, hurry" changes between sets, but I just take the time I need and chapter back to 'catch up' with Cathe and the crew for the next set.

>I just got PUB/PLB in the mail. I am excited to use it.
>What is everyone's favorite parts about the workout? Are
>there good premixes that I should try which combine both
>workouts? Any premixes that do that in an hour? I didn't
>know where to find a list of the premixes on this workout. I
>am really anxious to try this one out!
If you want a really detailed list of chapters and premix times, go to:

Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications
DVD chaptering - Cathe Friedrich: Pyramid Upper Body, Pyramid Lower Body

This gal Colleen did a really fantastic job of giving complete breakdowns!

Thanks for that link. I was wondering how long the Bonus Combo was, and that says it's about 53 minutes. Helps me a lot, so thanks.

I will say that my legs are feeling it today, especially my quads. I did PLB yesterday so I guess it really works!

If you do the combo on the DVD and need more time to set up, press pause, and don't attempt to chapter-back. Unfortunately, this premix is all one chapter. So if you chapter-back, it goes back to the beginning of the warm up!

It's a great total body workout (without abs). But this flaw in the chaptering always gets me!

Diane

For me, I do both workouts side by side first PUB then PLB. Makes a great afternoon and I feel energised afterwards.

I really like the pyramids also. They tend to get a little boring to me after a while, but they are really effective and I feel like everything gets worked...nothing is left out. I love the PLB floor work....it gives that nice finishing ouch to the standing work and my hamstrings always have DOMS for several days after going back to PLB after a break from it. I also like the outer thigh work on the stability ball.
Angela:7

I was doing PLB/PUB this past week. I really like them, although I haven't tried out any premixes yet. I noticed a little more muscle definition.

On PLB, I just use dumbbells, since I don't have a barbell (or the space for one).

I have seen some good results from the past two weeks or so of doing this workout. At first, I was really sore from PUB for days afterward, but now I just feel like my muscles have been well worked. I am seeing some really nice definition.

I tried Muscle Endurance this past week. What a tough workout. My biceps were so fried!

Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.