Protein Supplements

fit4life

Hi, Cathe!
I just purchased some whey protein powder to take once a day (the container says to take it 3 times per day, but I'm starting with one), and was wondering what your stance is as far as protein and other supplements to held build muscle. My goal is to create more definition, and I currently work each body part, mostly with MIS, twice a week. I will be starting the S & H series soon.
I purchased the protein powder at GNC and was just inundated at the different supplements available, like creatine, conjugated lineic acid (CLA), etc. I don't know where to begin, or if they are even necessary--but they sure are tempting to try!
Any opinion on protein and other supplements? Thanks for your help!

Hi Fit4life! I'm not a huge promoter of supplements. I like to promote eating natural foods that contain protein, and foods that are dense with vitimins and minerals. A daily vitimin is about the only supplement I promote.

For the record, I have tried the creatine supplement in my past and experienced uncomfortable bloating.

Thanks for the advice, Cathe! I do take a daily multivitamin which I will continue to do. Also, thanks for sharing your experience with creatine--I bloat easily enough now without any extra help!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.