Protein Shake?

nverplanck

Just wondering if anyone has any "favorite" protein shake receipes..I need to find one that is easy to drink and tastes good! I need to have one after I workout...any suggestions
thanks
Elena

I use EAS whey protein in Vanilla. I mix it with bottled water and then I add a package of no calorie orange flavoring (kroger brand) that one normally adds to a bottle of water to get a flavored drink.
The addition of the orange really make it taste like the recovery drink from beachbody.... yum!

My favorite is BSN Lean Dessert "Whipped Vanilla" protein powder. I use water, ice, the powder, strawberries, half a banana and ground flax seed.

Another good one is the BSN Lean Dessert "Cinnamon Roll". Mix that with water, ice, half a banana (optional), flax seed, and one Dannon Lite and Fit vanilla yogurt. Yummy!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I recently bought the pvl whey gourmet peanut butter chocolate from www.bodybuilding.com . I like the taste, but it upsets my stomach as a shake. I made a smoothie once with yogurt, milk, the powder and frozen bananas. It tasted great and didn't bother my stomach, but I was sharing this with my hubby so I wasn't getting the full effect of the powder either.

Sandra

I love
Syntrax Nectar Caribbean flavor with 1 cup diced frozen pineapples(you can buy them @ Trader Joes), 1 cup ice, 1 cup water

Blend well. Comes out of the blender like a thick frozen pina colada!
MMMMMMMM, good. It's a wonderful reward to a workout or just when you are in the mood for something sweet!!!

Also like Metabolic Drive Low carb strawberry with frozen strawberries, ice and water. This shake is thick and sweet like strawberry ice cream!
The Metabolic Drive protein is very creamy in flavor and texture.
Their chocolate alone is like a thick chocolate shake!

i just got muscle milk light in chocolate peanut butter. it is sooooo YUMMY!!!! by far the best i have tasted and it disolves real easy in water.

I've been doing searches on popular protein shakes, but I still haven't made up my mind yet. Right now I'm drinking Andrew Lessman's "Secure", which really isn't advertised as a super packed protein shake but a vitamin enriched meal replacement with soy. 2 scoops of the chocolate in milk tastes great and delivers 14g (22g total with the milk).

>Does anyone know a good protein shake that doesn't make you(I
>hate to say it) gassy?

Andrew Lessman's SECURE DRINK doesn't make me gassy.

The coffee flavor is delicious.

:)

Secure can be found at Andrew's site, [a href="http://www.procapslabs.com/PCL/Pages/Products/PCLProductDetail.aspx?Secure-Complete-Meal-Replacement---Chocolate"]ProCaps Labs[/a]. He's a walking testimonial for his products. When he recently commented on being "over 50," I nearly fell off my chair.

You can also find his products and presentations on the Home Shopping Network. Unless it's a really good deal though, I order from his site directly. The prices are great, and the customer service is very helpful. I DO watch his shows on HSN. He educates his cutomers and doesn't come across the least bit smarmy.

Keep in mind, I have no experience with protein drinks. This is the first one I've tried, and I only bought it from him because I'm a regular consumer of his other products and trust him. I have no idea how Secure stacks up against other, more popular protein powders. It's advertised as a low carb, vitamin-packed, soy meal replacement.

I have two faves, actually...

#1: is the same that Allison already posted with the strawberries & banana...:9 ! You have such good taste Allison!!

#2: is one scoop of BSN Whipped Vanilla, 1 c cold water, 2 tsp instant coffee & about 5 ice cubes.

I'm off to have one right now as a matter of fact!

Does anyone know if its ok to drink more than one protein shake a day? Also do you consider a shake a meal or a snack? Thanks.

Carmen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.