Protein Powder?

sjdavis

Cathlete
In the "Training and Eating Smart" conversation some of you posted that you thought that protein powder caused weight gain. I've only been using protein powder for 9 or 10 months, but I have not been able to lose a single pound since. I eat a mostly clean diet so I haven't been able to figure this out. The protein powder is the only thing that has been different in my diet so I feel like I've just been banging my head against a wall. I would love it people would chime in on their experiences.

I think it does for me - but I don't have any proper 'proof' (eg I don't conduct double-blind randomised trials at home ;) ). I don't need the extra protein, so I don't use it. I also prefer a natural source - I keep hens, so having a couple of eggs does the trick if I ever think I'm falling short.

The only thing you can do is to drop the protein powder for a few weeks. It won't do you any harm, and you'll then know for certain how you react to it.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of others who swear by protein powder, and can lose weight whilst consuming it. I guess we're all different.

Justine

Make sure you compare the nutrition data on all of them. Mine (Bodylogix) has only 110 calories per scoop. It also only has 1 gm of fat and 10mg of cholesterol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.