Progress not Perfection March!

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
March is here, let's get over the hump and spring into action. : )

I'll do a run tonight. I'd rather do a Cathe w/o but the run will fit into my schedule. Susan, I hope you are able to fix your computer. Ugh. Good luck w/ your hair, Deanna. I have a different check in buddy who uses some of those curly hair no poo methods with great success. Stacy and Michelle, how goes?

FnV...thanks for starting the new thread!! Are you ready for some MARCH MADNESS!!??

I had a headache this morning so didnt workout before work like I wanted :( I then had a long day at work, not getting home til about 7:30pm and I was starving!!

But, I did manage to start off the month with some better eating, despite not doing a workout. Hubby and I went out to eat and I did decent...

Eats today...

B--low carb yogurt with ~12 almonds
L--small can of tuna with 1 Tbsp mayo with diced celery and carrots mixed in
D--(at restaurant) grilled salmon with a side of broccoli and subbed green beans for the rice. We did have soft pretzel sticks as an appetizer. I had one, hubby had the other 2.

Tomorrow will still be my usual rest/pizza day. It helps keep me sane!!

I'll have to revamp my planned workout week. I want to try Athletic Training so I think I"ll do that one on Saturday!! I'm striving for a chip-free March!! Wish me luck!

Hi to Deanna, Michelle and Susan!

TGIF Ladies :)

Attended my MRT class yesterday and for some reason I was sweating profusely. And my hair wow, I do not know what happen? After the class was over I look liked Don King sister...ROFL :eek:

When I attended the 10K last weekend, a few of my current and past co-workers attended as well. Other than me finishing 5 minutes faster than my last 10K. One of my past co-workers asked me to walk with her on Saturdays, to help her build her stamina for our next race on March 10th and 24th. Needless to say I will be walking 3 - 5 Miles tomorrow morning.

It is very windy in Las Vegas and as for my hair, I refuse to wear it out so I slicked it into a ponytail. :D

Have a wonderful day my friends,
Deanna

My hair has a mind of its own too.

Tornado watches, heavy rains here today.

TGIF, gotta love pizza day!

Hi Ladies,

Still only feel safe to go on forums from phone. Good job keeping up with ur workouts, love it!

Thanks, Stacy for advising on the new thread. I was wondering, LOL.

I am tweaking the rotation as I have some other commitments so will do sts total body tomorrow, stretch next week then tweak the next month as needed based on my schedule.

TGIF and have a great weekend!

I'm using phone too, so forgive the chat speak. I posted yesterday but backedvout of thread before I could send. Sang it. Lol to hair Deanna, sorry about bad hair day but what u said sounded funny.
The march rotation sounds fun, tempted to switch since I'm not following, changing the stslis one so much. No rest week for me, I'm on spring break and want to keep going hard. Lol, chip free March Stacy I know u can do it! Michelle u v been keeping to rotation pretty well, are you liking the results?
I did 4.5 mile run Thursday eve and did lis lic last eve I think I will really like that one once I get it all down. Knee flaring up so I used one riser and didn't work up much of a sweat, but next time ill know it well enough to do some damage, lol. Today is afterburn and ill add a coremax. I bet Susan computer is messed up and she is avoiding forums. Great weekend all

Yay the weekend is here!!! I slept in til 9am today, that never happens!! I've got Athletic Training on tap for today, first time for me with this one!

Susan...hope you're on the treadmill right now ;)

Deanna...I agree with the FnV, the Don King visual was hilarious, my niece is mixed-race (no clue if that's a PC term or not) and sometimes we crack up at the "styles" we can do with her hair. Deanna, wished we lived closer we could be great walking buddies! I wish there were more organized walks in my area. My answer for bad hair...baseball cap!

Michelle...how did you like STS TB? I really like that one, probably b/c I dont really like working triceps and there's not tons of tricep isolation exercises. I'm also able to do the leg work in this one without knee pain. How is your diet/eating going??

Fnv...your typo in your last post cracked me up! You said you had to backout of your post, then I'm sure you meant "Dang It" but you typed "Sang It", so I had a glimpse of you serenading us with your post! Hehe. Kudos to you on the 4.5 mile run!!

My chip-free March is already foiled, BUT if I can put a "Progress not Perfection" spin on it...our office went out to lunch and we had to order off a pre-set menu. I ordered the egg salad on wheat and it came with chips. I only ate half of the bread, and 1/3 of the chips! (Big feat for me!) And, I skipped the dessert that was provided!! Breakfast yesterday was a handful of almonds, of course yesterday was the pizza party at my house for dinner, but that's my guilt-free cheat meal, hopefully of the week!

My mom is coming to visit later and we're planning on seeing a movie & dinner with my sister. It's been awhile since I've done any female bonding with my family. Good thing it's with my skinny sister, makes it easier for me to watch what I eat ;)

One more cup of coffee, then it's Athletic Training time!

Last edited:
Hello Ladies :)

Just got back from a quick 2 mile walk with my friend.

The remainder of my weekend will be washing and cleaning, so I can be ready for work and the Gym next week.

As for my hair, I am going to twist it back up. I can not be going around looking like Don King! I will never find a husband looking like that. ;)

Have a great weekend
Deanna

I just finished Athletic Training! I had to hit pause a few times during the first half to catch my breath! I'm hoping to see good results with this LIS rotation! I've only got 4 LIS workouts but I'm enjoying them all!

Way to go Stacy and Deanna! Im still trying to get motivated. It is a beautiful day in sunny south Florida so I'm having a hard time getting out of my screened in porch! U two r inspiring me!

Computer is finally fixed!!!!!'n

But this is from my phone

Did these forums have a virus ?? My computer problem turned out to ne the hard drive. It had to be replaced and i lost everything on my computer. Yes. EVERYTHING. Programs. Data files. All my digital photos. Good reminder to make backups. The only thing i had backed up were my genealogy research files. Yikes. Thats 10 years of work. I would have given up if i had lost that stuff

Anyway. I want to make sure its safe to post here. Dont want to risk getting a virus on my new hard drive

Going to take me weeks to get my computer set up again

See ya for coffee in the morning !!!!!!!

Morning Ladies :)

It's Monday, and I feel better today than I did last Monday. Thank God:)

Today is Core & Kickboxing at the Gym. I was not feeling well last week and did not participate in the Kickboxing class.

Tuesday MRT
Wednesday is normally rest day but if the weather is nice, I may take a brisk walk outside.

Thursday MRT
Friday Rest
Saturday 5K race

It's going to be 76 in Vegas today, nice :)

I am not sure what was going on with the forums or my computer but I installed Micro Soft Essentials, Free Computer protection program so far so good.

Okay let me get up and get out of here, will check in after this Gym this evening.

Make it a great day,
Deanna

Good morning my friends. Still on my phone

Have been working diligently on getting my computer back in shape. Am drinking much too much coffee while doing it

I need to get to the gym and get back on track. I havent worked out in several days and have been eating junk food. That is not a good combo. Lol

More later

Hi Ladies,

There was some type of virus/malware issues on the forums based on various members dealing with it and posts from the administrator that there was something embedded in the forum. They said they ran an upgrade last week which should resolve the issue. I am back on my computer and having no problems.

Susan - sorry to hear your computer was wiped out. What a pain.

I hear you on the workouts. I only worked out once last week for various reasons so decided that has to be my "recovery" week on the rotation so back to STS/LIS tonight.

I am going to attempt to start doing them in the morning since I have so many other commitments at night, but I am not a morning person so we will see if this works! Baby steps is what I am thinking.

FnV, Stacy and Deanna - hope you are all well and hope to hear from you soon.

Michelle

Mondays stink.

I had a cold/sore throat thing going on yesterday and insomnia the night before, so ended up not working out yesterday. Today, we'll see, the verdict is still out. I've been on my feet since 7am so once I sit down, I may not get back up!

Either way I've got a 7 mile walk on the schedule tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers my shins dont hurt, it's getting so frustrating not to be able to train for this half marathon!!!!!!!

Evening Ladies,

I was at the Gym for 2.5 hours today :confused: 2 Miles on Treadmill, Core Class 30 min, and Kickboxing 60 min.

Tuesday MRT Class 60 min

I will check in after class tomorrow.

Deanna

Stacy, are you walking or jogging? And did your shins start hurting when you got your new shoes?

I remember back in 2006 or 2007, I went out and walked 3 miles in some basetball shoes and my shins were killing me the next day. This is why I ask, did your shins start hurting when you got your new shoes?

Deanna

Mondays stink.

I had a cold/sore throat thing going on yesterday and insomnia the night before, so ended up not working out yesterday. Today, we'll see, the verdict is still out. I've been on my feet since 7am so once I sit down, I may not get back up!

Either way I've got a 7 mile walk on the schedule tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers my shins dont hurt, it's getting so frustrating not to be able to train for this half marathon!!!!!!!

My 7 mile walk is done! My shins were finally pain-free!! Deanna, I figured out what was causing my shin pain....Turbo Barre!! That was the only different thing in my workout routines. It was all the ballet movements on your toes, I was using alot of stabilizing lower leg muscles b/c I felt the same burn during some of the TB moves. So I took it out of the rotation, rested a week and I'm pain free. My shins hurt before I got my new shoes, so I thought it might be old shoes, I bought 2 new pairs of shoes and they still hurt with either pair. Today I was pain-free thank goodness! The weather is supposed to warm up to mid 50's this weekend so I'm meeting my friend on Sunday morning to actually walk outside! Wanted to ask you....what is your MRT Class??

I never did end up working out yesterday but I had a "progress not perfection" moment. We went out to a wings place for dinner. I normally wouldve gotten something fried or breaded. Instead I got skinless chicken tenders, no sauce and instead of the fries, subbed carrot and celery sticks with ff ranch! I did have some girl scout cookies after work....baby steps of progress!!

Our designer/interior decorator is coming over this afternoon to show her design idea. I'm going to keep an open mind, the vibes I'm getting is that she went way over our budget to wow us and maybe talk us into doing it over a more long term period of time. That sounds all well and good but I really dont want to spend extra money. We do have some money that we've saved but I cant see putting it into paint and carpet. I was always raised to save things for a rainy day, a medical emergency, etc etc. Practical isnt always fun, but it's....well, practical ;)

Have a good day!

Last edited:
Stacy, so glad your pain is gone and good job on your 7 miles. :)

MRT = Muscle Resistance Training same as Sculpt: A muscle-conditioning class designed to enhance muscle tone, definition and endurance using bands, balls, weights, as well as your own body-weight for resistance.

My 7 mile walk is done! My shins were finally pain-free!! Deanna, I figured out what was causing my shin pain....Turbo Barre!! That was the only different thing in my workout routines. It was all the ballet movements on your toes, I was using alot of stabilizing lower leg muscles b/c I felt the same burn during some of the TB moves. So I took it out of the rotation, rested a week and I'm pain free. My shins hurt before I got my new shoes, so I thought it might be old shoes, I bought 2 new pairs of shoes and they still hurt with either pair. Today I was pain-free thank goodness! The weather is supposed to warm up to mid 50's this weekend so I'm meeting my friend on Sunday morning to actually walk outside! Wanted to ask you....what is your MRT Class??

I never did end up working out yesterday but I had a "progress not perfection" moment. We went out to a wings place for dinner. I normally wouldve gotten something fried or breaded. Instead I got skinless chicken tenders, no sauce and instead of the fries, subbed carrot and celery sticks with ff ranch! I did have some girl scout cookies after work....baby steps of progress!!

Our designer/interior decorator is coming over this afternoon to show her design idea. I'm going to keep an open mind, the vibes I'm getting is that she went way over our budget to wow us and maybe talk us into doing it over a more long term period of time. That sounds all well and good but I really dont want to spend extra money. We do have some money that we've saved but I cant see putting it into paint and carpet. I was always raised to save things for a rainy day, a medical emergency, etc etc. Practical isnt always fun, but it's....well, practical ;)

Have a good day!

Hi Ladies,

Great job, Deanna on keeping on that schedule. Do you mostly workout at the gym and not at home, other than your walks? I think I may take up walking again soon since the weather is so nice here in South Florida.

Awesome job, Stacy on good eating choices and the progress not perfection mindset. We don't get it right or stay on track 100% of the time and that is okay, we just keep getting back on track. Progress not perfection. That is why I joined this group!!! Also, I agree with your practicality. You can make it nice and inviting without going over your budget.

For my progress not perfection mindset - I only worked out one last week and started AT the following day, but was so tired and not into it, I just stopped. I remember Cathe saying if we are just not into it, or tired, it is best to just stop, so that is what I did! And that night, I ended up having tons to do anyway. So I just chocked it up to it is what it is and made that my "recovery" week so I am on week 6 of the rotation now.

Tonight, I did STS Disc 1 - C/S/Bis. Tomorrow is STS Disc 6 Legs. I am going to attempt to get up in the morning, but if all else fails, evening training it is! I am totally not a morning person, but my goal is to eventually do morning workouts so there is no chance I don't do them and to free up my evenings for other things.

Susan - I hope you are able to get back on track with your workouts.

FnV - I hope you are well. You are on spring break this week, right? Weather is nice, windy, but nice.

Nite nite, Ladies.

Michelle :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.