PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: APRIL FLOWERS

Happy Birthday Old Woman!! (Hehe, just kidding :) ) Sounds like you had a nice bday road trip! Does your hubby likes antiques or does he just sit outside on a bench and nap while you shop?? ;)

I finally cut back my rose bushes. It was sunny and 70 outside so I could no longer procrastinate with the bad weather excuse. It took longer to put all the branches in a bag than to trim them. I think I got stabbed a zillion times with the darn thorns even thru my gloves. I'm hoping my neighbors didnt hear all my expletives!

Seems like some months the PMS cravings are bad and the past few days they have been bad! Yesterday though I did eat within my points so felt good about that. Today, I ate so many points I'm just going to try not to let it get me down and tackle tomorrow with positive energy and will power!

Today was not a total wash. I made myself do Cathe's Lower Body Blast. I did the Standing Legs and Leg Drills (which are barre type moves). Holy Crapola, I think the 16 minutes of drills were almost harder than the 40 minute or so standing leg work!! I was going to do the final 10 minutes of floor work, but I don't have one of those Emergency Response alerts so unless my dogs dragged me up the basement stairs I wouldve been stuck there all night!

Time for a much needed shower, then gonna relax with a baseball game and a book!

Stacy, thank you for the Bday wishes. Good job on LBB, that's a goody. Hubby wanders around on his own. He looks at military, tools, and car/plane stuff but mostly mentions its overpriced. :p

I hopped on the scale today after not weighing for about a month and discovered I've lost 5 lbs! great feeling!

Hi all

Peng Happy Birthday.

I'm not doing much in the way of exercise lately. I suffer with depression and the last few days its been pretty bad. I know exercise helps but I just can't focus, apart from a morning walk, which I find very therapeutic.

Hopefully I will be back to it soon.

Love to everyone

Laura
x

Laundry and chores have piled up around here so I'm trying to get busy today. I don't want to try to do them on the weekend. And I'm still unpacking. :p Hubby took Friday and Monday off so we will have another 4 day weekend so hopefully we can finish the front yard also.

Induced by the news of my weightloss I had the munchies all day yesterday! its funny how that works.

My internet has been down for the past 2 days! Finally "connected"!

Let's see if I can remember what workouts I've done.....Wednesday...nothing...Thursday did Xtrain Ch/Ba/Sh + abs. Was able to use 25 lb dumbells for most of the chest presses again. This morning did 25 minutes on the treadmill with 3 minute jogging/2 min walking cycles.

Working all weekend and not happy about it! Planned rest day tomorrow, hoping to fit something in on Sunday if work isnt too insane.

We took another day trip. Down to MS, then to Pickwick Lake, then Savannah and Boliver, TN. We were gone longer than we thought but we had a nice day. We like to walk around town squares and see whats there. I found a great Botique in Boliver that had locally made jewerly for reasonable prices!

The rest of the four day weekend is going to be spent working in the yard, I think!

Stacy, glad you reconnected!

Hi all

Feeling a bit better. Had a good workout day today. I did a very modified version of IMAX 1 and also did the yogatoday practice for sciatica. I really must make yoga my main priority when it comes to workouts. I am going to try to do my yoga first thing in the morning. My knees are so tight and everything needs to improve in flexibility.

Tonight out with friends. My diet has been dreadful. I can honestly say I have never ate so much rubbish as I eaten this week. When my depression hits, my anxiety levels go straight up so the only appetite I have is for junk food. I will make a more concise effort this week.

Peng congratulations on the weight loss and enjoy the yard work. Stacey I'm pleased you've got internet connection back. Theres nothing worse than not being able to get on line.

Take care everyone.

Love
Laura
x

Laura, glad you got in a workout :) I have also been making an effort to try to do yoga more often, it really does help with overall tightness and flexibility, definitely something I need to improve! I also have struggled with feeling down, moreso sometimes than I think is normal, and when I do, I go for the junk food too. Sometimes I fight it and sometimes I just give in. Overall, trying to stay on track with workouts even if it's only 1-2 per week seems to at least help the downslide from crashing too much!! You just have to keep dusting yourself back off and jumping back into life even if you lack the motivation. I keep reminding myself that the alternative is worse!

It is a sunny day today so that always helps. I think as I get older I seem to be getting more of a Seasonal Affective thing going on. Maybe I need to move to a sunny place!

We slept late, than went shopping rather than working in the yard. We'll have to work tomorrow instead. We were shopping for an umbrella and weed stuff for the yard {among other things} Hubby mowed the yard and is taking a quick shower before church this evening.

Laura, glad you are feeling better. I tend to eat when Im' bored, happy, sad, alone, with friends. Argh!

Sorry I haven't posted! Called in sick to work on Thursday, Friday didn't feel a whole lot better but went to work, no workout. Friday evening Rich and I were forced to go to a dinner theatre put on by middle schoolers at the Lutheran church (his niece had a small part in it)...i was exhausted and they fed us a thoroughly disgusting meal of undercooked chicken, runny "stuffing" and canned corn. everything was yellowish brown. Got my weekend off to a crappy start! Then yesterday was rainy but i did walk the dogs in the afternoon and got lots done around the house. Today another dog walk, an Hort long massage this morning followed by half an hour in an infrared sauna! Feeling much better! I am planning on a full body weight workout in the morning. Maybe muscle max, or maybe I'll open up high reps and give it a shot!

Made it through high reps! i did skip the disc part because i don't have one and my knees have been hurting AND i was running short on time...also skipped the static lunges (i figured i did the ones in the warm up, good enough because that's about all i can do of those anyway).

Since Hubby's job downtown will be ending soon, he took the day off and we did the tourist thing. He took me to a Soul food resturant, then we walked around for a while {my feet hurt!}, we had intended to go to a Art Museum but of course its closed on Mondays. We then took a trolley ride around downtown and Riverside.

We still need to work in the yard but its getting hot out there! Fortunatly the sun is shining and its a nice day

Andrea, I tend to skip extra lunges if I feel there are already too many. :p

lunges make me say things that would make a sailor blush. i hate them, so it's probably what i need to do more than anything.

Nothing like seeing yourself in a 3 way dressing room mirror to totally ruin your day.

I hate shorts/tank top weather.

Hi all

Andrea; well done on the high reps. I like that one. Although my knees are awful.

Stacy; I know how you feel about seeing yourself in shorts, my behind is not pretty lol. But we're going to change that right. Anyway I bet you look alot better than me lol.

Peng: Sounds like you had a nice day today. I'm glad the weathers nice. Its quite sunny here in the UK but still a bit cool. At least its not raining lol.

I went for a walk today and did Tamal Dodge's Energy Yoga. I must do more yoga, but yoga is deceptive, its harder than you think. I was due to X Train legs today but it didn't happen. I'll do it tomorrow.

I'm getting a couple of Richard Simmons dvds. I watched a few clips on totalfitness and he looks such fun and doesn't take himself too seriously. I've ordered Sweatin to the oldies vol 4 and I'm looking for Disco sweat and boogie down the pounds on my trade list on videofitness. Hopefully I'll get them.

My diet has been rubbish today. I seem to do okay until I get to 4.00pm and then I eat dinner and tend to want something sweet and fruit doesn't seem to hit the mark. Oh well.

Take care

Laura
xx

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.