PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: APRIL FLOWERS

Hi all

Well done Stacy on the weight loss, way to go!

We've had some bad news yesterday. The breeder rang us to say our puppy has a slight heart murmur. The vet said she thinks its nothing to worry about but it may affect her insurance. It may right itself or not. I'm going to speak to our vets tomorrow and ask for their advice, if they think we should still go ahead. We are really upset about this. We've waited on this pup for the last six weeks and it means another long wait if we contact another breeder. We like to go through a reputable golden retriever breeder, where all tests have been done. So I'm not sure what we will do yet.

Yesterday was a rest day and today was LIC Cardio Challenge. I had a bad nights sleep last night. I had to take one of my tablets at 1.00 as I couldn't sleep. I may have to have one tonight as I seem to be getting quite stressed at the moment. Although the cardio helped with the stress.

Hope everyones okay and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Laura
xx

Sorry to hear about your dog news! Hoping everything turns out ok!

i haven't done any "workouts" the past couple of days other than dog walks. we've gone three-plus miles each day! Strangely I'm finding it much easier to get in a DVD workout on the days that i have to work. Making myself get up early and do it, it gets done. The days i can sleep in, i do (well not really i wake up at six instead of four) but i wake up hungry and eat and then one thing happens and then another and i don't work out! So...since i work m-f this week I will hopefully get in five workouts! :)

I'm way behind again. Hubby and I have worked in the yard together this weekend. We bought then laid down stepping stones in the backyard to make 3 paths. We had some small cheap stones but replaced those with nicer ones then used the cheap ones to create another less used path, and used more of the nice ones to create a 3rd path. Hubby says I impressed the guys at the hardware store by being able to keep up with 'the guys' while moving the stones!

In the front we pulled up the rootballs of 3 bushes in the foundation bed, and started weeding out the grass that had overgrown. We've never done much with this bed so there was a lot of grass and weeds. 3 buckets for a 3x5 area.

Sat night we attending the wedding I knitted the shawl for, I was warm and snuggly during the service/reception while everyone else was freezing!

Laura, sorry to hear about the puppy.

Stacy, we all have bad eating days hang in there.

Andrea, hope you get time/energy to workout.

Laura, hope things work out with your puppy :(

Peng, you can start working on my yard next!

Andrea, good luck with the workouts! As always, I feel like we're in the same boat sometimes with our work and working out schedules!

Speaking of which, today is a planned rest day. Have work, then an open house, and a training class for work. Once I leave the house here soon, probably wont be back til after 8pm tonight, ugh!

Got my workout in already! Push Pull, nice and easy-ish....Peng time and energy weren't the problem really...i just didn't have the inclination, felt like doing other things like extra long walks with the dogs and cleaning the house. You know how it is! :p

Got my workout in already! Push Pull, nice and easy-ish....Peng time and energy weren't the problem really...i just didn't have the inclination, felt like doing other things like extra long walks with the dogs and cleaning the house. You know how it is! :p

Andrea, good job on the workout!!

I forgot to add that I'm starting the 90 Day UNDULATING XTRAIN rotation this week. I'll have to follow it loosely as I never seem to be able to get in a workout 6 days a week and I definitely want to stick to doing yoga once a week as well, but I'll follow it as close as I can even it if takes me 120 days to finish it!

Hello Ladies, I am back. :)

Had some medical issues but all is well. Since I have not been exercising in almost 1 year :(, I will have to start from the beginning.

However, I have been organizing a weekly walk with my church 3 - 5 miles. I am going to dust off my DVD's today and start with the Beginner rotation, or some kickboxing. I would rather do kickboxing than the beginner rotation.

Deanna
msdeedee3

Last edited:
Miss Dee Dee! you may not know me but you are the reason i am here! i started the beginner rotation last August and began reading the old threads, you inspired me sooooooo much! i'm really happy you are back :)

Oh My God, andreadaile I am so happy I inspired you. When I read your comment it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you. :)

Miss Dee Dee! you may not know me but you are the reason i am here! i started the beginner rotation last August and began reading the old threads, you inspired me sooooooo much! i'm really happy you are back :)

DEANNA!!!!!!!!! Hey girl!! So glad you're back in action!! One step at a time!! Glad all is well on the medical front, and I hope your son is also doing well! Don't sweat the year off, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time, and if not, it's all about the PROGRESS!!

U Ladies are just wonderful. :)

I actually started my workout at church yesterday. I was so grateful to God for my negative test results, that I shouted and jumped around for almost 1 hour.

I started hurting under my left breast last year 2012. After a biopsy and other testing my Oncologist gave me a clean bill of health. I do not have to go see her for 6 months. Which means NO CANCER. This is why I was praising God. :)

DEANNA!!!!!!!!! Hey girl!! So glad you're back in action!! One step at a time!! Glad all is well on the medical front, and I hope your son is also doing well! Don't sweat the year off, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time, and if not, it's all about the PROGRESS!!

I weeded two buckets in the back today, dug up some of the pathway, and re-placed some of the stepping stones. Hubby’s stride is bigger than mine so I have to move them a bit. Its supposed to be cloudy tomorrow which may help the process. Its usually full shade in the back but the leaves haven’t sprouted yet, and I’m just not used to the sun.

I also did the week’s laundry and pulled my summer clothes out of the attic.

DeeDee, welcome glad to have you back! Congratulation on being cancer free!

I woke up tired today, even though I think I slept well. I dug up some of the pathway and tried to lay down more of the stepping stones but I guess I’m not level-headed enough because they were all wonky. I got Hubby to fix them this evening when it got shady, while I weeded another bucket full.

Its supposed to rain for the next two days, the last two days of Bible study which are both luncheons, so I consider them party days.

Hi all

Hope you are all well. Deedee nice to meet you lol. Congratulations on your results. Thats fantastic news.

Yesterday was legs so I did Cathe X Train legs, which was okay. Today I think I'l do a premix from KCM Your best body, which is upper body cardio intervals. Still suffering with the insomnia. I'll try tonight without a tablet to see how I get on.

Hope none of my friends or anyone they knew were affected by the boston nightmare. It was horrendous. Hope they catch these lunatics soon. My heart goes out to those affected and their families.

Anyway speak to you tomorrow.

Laura
x

I did Xtrain Legs yesterday as well. It's not too tough but tough enough for me to feel I've accomplished something. I still cant do all the reps of the sliding disc exercises! I did the standing and floor premix only. Today is Xtrain Ch/Ba/Sh.

Eating was off yesterday, WILL do better today!

forgot to check in yesterday...Step blast before work and a three mile dog walk after work :) today i'm sore so did yoga this morning before work.

Peng I know you are making lots of progress on your yard...are you thinking about any kind of workout goals you'd like to share with us? We are here to help you on that. Finding time to get a good structured workout in at least three times a week really seems to help me excel in everything else I try to do. and really, that's what we're here for!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.