Preorders and presales

BerniSimone

Cathlete
Dear Cathe,

I’m a long-time fan of your workouts. This has been the first preorder since discovering your workouts that I chose not to participate in. While I know I’ll be buying all 4 of the new workouts very soon, I was disappointed in the lack of presale “monetary incentive” offered. I realize that the preorder period was deliberately shorter this time and greatly respect your decision for doing so. However, I’m one of those people who would have preordered – no questions asked – for a better presale price. I have never minded the long presales because I realized I was getting a superb price in the deal. I just wanted to chime in with an opposing viewpoint, since I have to wonder, sometimes, if the presale wasn’t changed this time around because of all the complaining about the time frames. I wanted to let you know that not everyone minded the longer presales, especially when it spoke through my pocketbook.

Always an admirer of your workouts,
Bernadette

Bernadette,

I also did not pre-order, for the same reason...

I love cathe and was really disapointed with the pre-sale prices as well as the push for digital downloads. I still love my DVD's. I love to see Cathe up on the shelf waiting for me to pull her out. It's almost like having something tangible to touch or something goofy like that.

I know that for the last several years the griping about the wait had been so severe. And it was nice not to see all the negative posts about waiting...but you know, I'd of rather waited. As a matter a fact, I haven't ordered yet but I will...one at a time....I just didn't see the benifit from preordering.

can't wait to get the new workouts tho...thanks for all that you do Cathe.

Wow, do I totally hear you on this! I did pre-order, and can't wait to get them. I've always pre-ordered from Cathe in the past also, and loved how she had such awesome incentives to do so, and ALWAYS delivers. However, I was much less excited about pre-ordering this time around since it didn't appear to be huge savings. I would have much rathered had the big savings, and the longer wait for the excellent workouts. I do realize you can't please us all! Obviously, there are a few of us out here that feel the same way about the pre-orders though. It is nice to know I'm not alone in wishing for more savings...and accepting the longer wait on the DVDs :)

Either way, I can't wait to get them in my hands!!! Go Sony Go!!!!!

I agree with Bernadette and Celeste!

Thank you Cathe for all that you do and I can't WAIT to try your new workouts! :)

Ever since I've started participating in your pre-sales, I've always enjoyed the discount, no matter how much it is. I like to save money whether it's a little or a lot! I've also never minded waiting a long time for shipments, because I've always been happy with the final product, and I have plenty of DVDs to keep me busy while I wait. I have nothing to complain about; I'm a happy customer :D

Ever since I've started participating in your pre-sales, I've always enjoyed the discount, no matter how much it is. I like to save money whether it's a little or a lot! I've also never minded waiting a long time for shipments, because I've always been happy with the final product, and I have plenty of DVDs to keep me busy while I wait. I have nothing to complain about; I'm a happy customer :D

I second everything Linda said! I've been irked to no end by all the complaining in the past :rolleyes: I just don't get it...if you don't want to wait then don't preorder,it's pretty simple.There will ALWAYS be unexpected delays of some sort, it's just part of life and business. I work for a major movie studio and productions schedules and call sheets come to my desk on a daily basis and I'm here to tell you, even the network shows have to deal with random unexpected delays from time to time. Anyway...I only preordered 1 DVD this time but I'm still totally excited to get it!! :eek:

I agree with what you all have said there. This was my first pre-order so I don't have anything to compare it to, I don't know what the prices were in past pre-sales. I mean I thought the price was fine compared to how much her older workouts cost but I see where you are coming from. I love the dvd's too and since most of my cathe workouts were purchased before the downloads I'm not spending more money to rebuy the download version.

Getting them shipped to me only takes a couple of days from Jersey to Phoenix so I'm not waiting a long time anyways.

I pre-ordered the DVD's and really the wait has not been that long, even with the delay at Sony it sounds pretty normal to me. So I'm patiently waiting besides I have enough workouts to keep me busy right now :)

I second everything Linda said! I've been irked to no end by all the complaining in the past :rolleyes: I just don't get it...if you don't want to wait then don't preorder,it's pretty simple.There will ALWAYS be unexpected delays of some sort, it's just part of life and business. I work for a major movie studio and productions schedules and call sheets come to my desk on a daily basis and I'm here to tell you, even the network shows have to deal with random unexpected delays from time to time. Anyway...I only preordered 1 DVD this time but I'm still totally excited to get it!! :eek:

I agree with both of you whole heartedly. I have never once complained about a pre-order and probably never will. I appreciate the opportunity to get my order in early (which means I get it faster when it ships) at a discount...no matter how big or small. I don't mind ordering sight unseen and also do not mind the wait. It's all a part of the deal. If any of this is something you do not like then don't pre-order. Many instructors do not even offer this type of opportunity to their customers. We should be thankful that Cathe does!!! I know I am certainly thankful and find it very exciting too! :)

I'd just like to add that I have participated in the pre-sales since Cathe has offered them. I love the savings, however, especially at first, I didn't understand why we had to wait so long. That has since been explained and I do get it. Something I really don't understand though, and I'd be glad if Cathe or someone who knows can tell me, why does Collage Video have Cathe's workouts available before those of us who pre-ordered? They're in the latest catalog as if they already available. They don't say anything about a delay/backorder or anything like that. Anybody know about this? Just curious.

Sharon

They are not available at Collage and the people who preordered have always gotten them first and always will.

If Collage is advertising them as available then that's a mistake on their part. If you go to their website, they are listed as "Coming Soon. Available for preorder. Approximate release date November 22." Collage probably thought they would be available at the time they printed the catalog.

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/coming-soon-videos-92&page=2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.