Premixes really add to the new series

Saker

Cathlete
Hi Cathe

I just wanted to say that I have really been enjoying your new series of dvds, particularly Drill Max. In particular I think you and your team (with some advice from the forum here ;) ) have done a superb job on the premixes. They change each dvd from one workout into several very different sort of workouts that can be adapted for different rotations and purposes.

It would be brilliant if you could do something similar whenever you make new workouts; it really adds value.
Ruth

I couldn't agree more, Ruth!!

This is the first time I have ever done the premixes and I just love them, especially the ones on BM2.

Cathy:)

>Hi Cathe
>
>I just wanted to say that I have really been enjoying your new
>series of dvds, particularly Drill Max. In particular I think
>you and your team (with some advice from the forum here ;) )
>have done a superb job on the premixes. They change each dvd
>from one workout into several very different sort of workouts
>that can be adapted for different rotations and purposes.
>
>It would be brilliant if you could do something similar
>whenever you make new workouts; it really adds value.
>Ruth
I totally agree. This last series, especially, is really awesome with the bonus footage and premixes offered.
Angela:7

Thank you all very much! We were especially meticulous with the premixes on the latest releases. It took much longer than usual, but we are very pleased with the outcome and based on your responses we can see that you are too.

We would also like to thank you for the continued constructive feedback that you provide. It was very helpful in the past and will continue to be helpful for our future filming projects. In other words "You're Da Bomb"!!!!! :7

I agree! In fact, I often like some of the premixes at least as much as (and sometimes more than) the workout 'as-is.' I especially like the BMax2 "double upper body" and "Bootcamp" premixes (but I''m sure to discover other favorites, as I haven't used them all yet.

I also like the inclusion of 'bonus footage' for some premixes, and having the length of the premix indicated.

The only changes I would make are to be sure that there are cooldowns for the premixes intended to be full workouts, and not using cue cards within cardio workouts where there is no change in equipment (a 'fade-out'/'fade-in' transition would be smoother, and wouldn't break up the workout as much).

Also, some kind of written guide as to the content of the premixes (especially those that seem quite similar) would be helpful: either as a card included in the DVD case, or as a screen on the DVD (Amy Bento does the latter).

Though it may seem logical to add a transition to a premix, it is impossible to do so. A premix is just a computer script that tells your player’s laser what to play next. To make a transition you need to blend two different segments into some type of effect. This simply can’t be done with a premix since you can only tell the laser what to play next, not blend two video files. Sometimes when you have two cardio segments in a premix back to back you possibly could leave out the card in-between the segments. But visually it usually looks better to add a card since you can’t add a transition. Joining two segments in a premix without a transition will always look like a bad edit. The card at least is an improvement, but not a perfect solution. Cool downs are also not always possible to add to a premix. We are limited to 99 chapter points by rule in a DVD. We quite often need about 130 or more chapter points. This means we have to make cuts in what we want to do. We do add cool downs and stretches whenever possible, but sometimes it is just not possible to do or just doesn’t visually look very good as there is no good “in point” for us to come in on the cool down. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.