Premixes for upper body?

garance

Cathlete
I have all of Cathe's dvds, but before my knee replacement I never explored the premixes. I am now doing Leslie Sansone for my cardio in addition to PT after 8 weeks and alternating with some upper body weights, but I would really like to know if there are some Cathe upper body premixes I could do instead of my winging it weights. Any suggestions on familiar premixes?

Some of my favorites (sorry, don't have exact names for the premixes):

4 Day Split
Muscle Max UB premix
Pyramid Upper Body--the whole workout is great, or Pyramid Up or Pyramid Down premixes
Body Max 2 UB twice through premix
Muscle Endurance UB only
High Reps UB only

I know there are many, many more. Honestly any Cathe DVD that has UB weights involved likely has a good UB only premix. Best of health and healing to you with your new knee!

Lisa

The 4 DS total body weights is a fab premix: just skip the earlier chapters that do lower body and get right to where you need. I also think Total Body Giant sets would be good for this: there's a premix that is double the upper body or 3 times upper body. so you could try those. CTX has an all upper split. Also, don't forget Body Max original and BM 2: the main weights sections in these 2 workouts are the upper body, so you can easily isolate this.

Clare

I like the High reps upper premix. I am enjoying the Muscle meltdowns from the ICE series that I skipped over for some reason. not sure if you will want to do deadlifts or push ups but you can skip over. Ramped up upper body is good too. I have trouble with the too loud music on the newer series. I switch to voice only.

Hope you are progressing well

Just adding Super sets and Push pull they have upper body premixes at least 6 there are 21 premixes total but of the others not sure which ones have lower body mixed in :)
Brigitte

I did the 42 min. upper body premix on Muscle Max today and chose it because it moves slowly--Cathe seems more teacherly on this one. I will do this one for awhile, increasing some of my weights as I become more confident. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I did the 42 min. upper body premix on Muscle Max today and chose it because it moves slowly--Cathe seems more teacherly on this one. I will do this one for awhile, increasing some of my weights as I become more confident. Thanks for all the suggestions!
I also love the Gym Style upper body dvds. Love adding in the band for that little extra burn. There is also from Low Impact series, total body trisets. There are so many it's hard to say, but you probably can't go wrong with any Cathe workout. Best of luck.

I would also mention Total Body Trisets from the Low Impact Series. I know some don't like the music (and I didn't enjoy originally myself, but now I kind of like it!), but there are several upper body combinations and I like the way strength training is combined with balance and core training using the stability ball.

I remember when my leg was cast and I just used the weight bench for upper body. I primarily did the MIS upper body section a few times a week. Best of luck in your recovery!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.