pregnancy

anj

Dear Cathe,
I am a 34 year old woman who is pregant with my first child, due in June. I work out on a regular basis and often do your tapes. I'm concerned about losing my abdominal muscles if I have a C-section. Is this possible?
Thank You,
anj

Hi Anj,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome. I am the moderator for the Fit Moms forum here on the Cathe site and just happened to see your post on the Ask Cathe forum. I would like to invite you to come over to our Fit Moms forum. We've got a great group over there as well.

As for your question.... Are you sure that you are having a C-birth? I want to reassure you, that you can rehab your abdominals even after having a "C." Also, abdominal work during pregnancy is essential. Strong abs will help minimize or even eliminate the back pain that many pregnant women experience. Strong abs also facilitate the second or "pushing" stage of labor. This has been documented in the literature.

Good luck and hope to see you on the Fit Moms forum here on the Cathe site. Come on over and introduce yourself to the group.

Keep us posted!

Sheila

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.