Pregnancy New Year Checkin ;)

Wow is time flying or what? it seems like it was just Thanksgiving?? I just took our tree down and put all the Christmas stuff away. Just felt like it I guess. We did our Christmas early a bit this year too. I usually leave it till after New Years. I had fun watching a few Christmas movies this year. I love Holiday Inn.. thats my all time favorite. I also watched White Christmas, a Christmas Story, A Wonderful Life, the old Miracle on 34th street, and my kids watched the peanuts christmas, polar express, the grinch and a christmas story with me.
Anyway, last night I made myself a pillow to sleep on. I have this old down comforter my mom gave me and I folded it up like a big pillow, put a fitted sheet over it and slept on that. I slept great last night for the first time in a while. I hope it keeps working. I'll just have to fluff it up before bed each night. lol.

Any plans for New Years?? We are talking about just going to this highschool gym with the kids where they will be playing games and basketball etc with people from church. Probably will leave before midnight though for the kids.

Hi Jess and everyone to follow
I've been meaning to post all day but got caught up at work. Lucky for me, i'm safe for 2 weeks and back at my old location. Yay! Hopefully i can just stay put there! But i have a feeling that will not happen.

anyway, i spent a lot of time crying in bed last nite and not being able to sleep. i'm just so upset over my life situation right now, and im fearing the unknown as far as where i'm going to live. if my loan modifciation does not happen, then i will have to let go of our house. i've only been here a year and its just so sad. i keep feeling down but im trying to change my attitude. its just really hard. ALl the stress today caused me to get a lot of cramping in my stomach and then i got scared something was happening to the baby. SO i tried to relax. I had a hard time breathing a lot today as well. THe cramps went away a little while ago. I just feel real tired right now and beat up. Im in my workout clothes but cant quite motivate myself to workout :( I did Drillmax yesterday so i guess i can do some cardio today to help with the swelling. i dont want too much of a butt kicker tho, since all i really wanna do is crawl under the sheets or plop on the couch and be a big fat bum!

My husband left for work and i really wish he was here. I could use a lot of hugs today and some down time with him. my little dog is in my lap, so she is really good and snuggly company. i could not ask for a better and my loyal companion!

i agree that xmas flew by. t didnt quite seem like xmas to me this year though. and its almost new years already. I am working and wont be off til fri. DH Is off wed/thur. Since i work new years day, i cannot stay up late the nite before with him. we dont really celebrate new years anyway, its never been that big of a deal at our house. but since its new years, that means its almost my birthday - its next week! Yikes, i am getting OLD. :)

Nothing else is new, ust wanted to check in and at least post before it turned into tomorrow. We were on such a roll with last weeks check in. hopefully we can keep it up this week!

Now, gotta decide what workout to do, then actually DO it. All these darn aches and pains!

Jen - I'm so sorry your so stressed and have problems to work out right now. I'll be praying for you and here is a bunch of ((hugs)).

We don't usually do anything for new years either. Its still a maybe if we do what I posted above.

I'm glad you have 2 weeks at your old spot. I'd give them a big stink about it since you don't need more stress right now about moving to that spot.

Yeah I hope the checkin keeps moving!

THank you Jess. I Know in the grand scheme of things this problem of mine is insignificant. And i know a lot of people are going thru the same thing. Its just so unexpected. One day at a time i guess right...

i was lying on the floor in my workout room. just staring at my collection, not wanting to do anything but fall asleep. i finally got off my butt and worked out. I picked Tracey Staehles Hi/Lo Medball. nothing killer but a small sweat got worked up. Better than nothing i guess right? I was thinking IMAX 2 but i just didnt have an imax in me tonite!

I had a cookie and some diet pepsi for dinner :( I dont feel hungry at all, which is not like me. I hope i am not getting sick. I feel tired so maybe i'll just go to bed early tonite. but its already 9pm so i guess it wont be too super early lol.

Good Morning and happy tuesday everyone :)

Im at work, just saying my daily greetings. Its so cloudy and gloomy looking outside. I did not get to bed until about 11pm last nite (told ya!) and now im really tired. I was sleeping so good when that darn alarm went off.

Affter work and my workout tonite, i have to put together dinner for tomorrow. Im making a really good recipe with things i had at home already. Its rice with black beans and corn with some kind of tomato sauce and also chicken - the chicken is soooo moist and tender, its really delicioous. So if anyone needs a good chicken and rice recipe let me know. Its different too, not the same old same old. I have to see how long it takes to prep. I dont like to cook after work when my DH Is home becuase id rather just reheat the food and relax. Im alone tonite so its no biggie to get it ready tonite

nothing new here on my end, just saying good morning to all :)

Jen -I'd probably try that recipe. My youngest is a rice addict and will eat most things with rice in it. ;)

Hope you feel better today some.

My back is achy today and my right arm?? I'm starting to think this whole achy thing is related to that deficiency. I don't know what else to do about it though? I eat cereal w/banana most days with breakfast and I take my prenatals in the evening. I'll have to ask at my next appt.. but thats a ways off yet. It just seems too soon to be achy from the pregnancy belly so I dunno.

So where is everyone?? Skyy? Laura? Tana? Anne? checkin ladies!! :)

Hi Jess, Hi Jen, Hi everyone;

I'm here. Today I had my 30 week appointment. I still can't believe that I am at @ 30 weeks already. Well I gained a total of 2 pounds between my last appointment and today. I was in full ACU's again, so I really don't know about this weight thing. I did find out that my baby is on the BIG side!! They guess her weight to be 4 pounds already!!! What is going on? I am not gaining that much weight, yet the baby is growing like a weed!! The doctor saw my face and told hubby to call her if I start stressing because I may have a 10 pound baby!!

She did say that if the baby keeps getting bigger, I may not go past 39 weeks. So it looks like my due date is two weeks sooner than I expected.

That seems to be the only excitment that I have had. I don't know what I will be having for dinner tonight. Lately, I have been craving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with milk.
I'll check back with you all later,

Last edited:
hi skyy and jess!
wow 4 pounds already! My last measurement was done in november and they said MY baby was large - almost 3 pounds at that point (pound heavier than average). I havent had an ultrasound since so i have no idea what im growing at this point.

Try not to stress though! Do you have other babies? Were they big? Sometimes the doctors estimate the poundage and they can be way off. But try not to worry too much, i'm sure you are in good hands. And as long as the baby is happy and healthy, and the birth is safe for you both, that is all that matters!

Oh and pb and j sounds good right about now!

jess i guess everyone experiences different things in pregnancy. i've been lucky up until my third trimester. now i deal with major feet swelling and also carpal tunnel. i cannot complain though. your bod might just react differently. Make sure you keep your doctor up to date on all your aches and pains. Maybe they can suggest some other things for you.

here is the chicken with black beans and rice recipe:

Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2-1/2 to 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with onion and green pepper, undrained
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
2/3 cup long grain rice
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions
1. In a large resealable plastic bag combine flour, 1 teaspoon of the chili powder, the salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces, half at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat.

2. In a very large skillet brown chicken on all sides in hot oil over medium heat about 10 mintues, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside; discard drippings. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato juice, corn, uncooked rice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, the cayenne pepper, and garlic to the skillet. Bring to boiling. Transfer rice mixture to a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top of rice mixture.

3. Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks) and rice is tender. Makes 6 servings.

i got it from the foloing link (but copied and pasted becuase sometimes it wont take you directly to the website) http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-with-black-beans-and-rice/

Jen -should I go lighter on the spices for little kids? my youngest loves rice but is a wuss with spiciness ha. thanks for the recipe.

Skyy -well I may have a big baby too. the lady said he'd probably atleast meet my second sons size of 8lb 13oz. eek. ha. yeah maybe the due date is off too so baby may be almost done. :) I had a good friend that had a girl that was 10lbs. She did it without meds too in a birthing center. so it can be done ;) my oldest was 6lb 2oz at 37 weeks. I think if he had that three weeks more to cook more he'd have been a big boy too but he was induced for medical reasons. My DH was also almost 11 lbs! that totally scared me with Noah, thankfully he wasn't that big.

Wow! It's Tuesday already!! Tomorrow's the last day of the year...yippee!! Our babies are right around the corner!

DS and I have had colds. He was up all night Friday with a cough. I slept on his floor and woke up with a cough myself. His cold is much better, but mine keeps getting worse. Last night at dinner I was miserable...both nostrils were clogged and I was trying to eat & breathe through my mouth at the same time. I'm sure it looked awesome. I was waiting for DS to call me out for chewing with my mouth open. LOL Jess, how long did it take for your cold to go away?

Jen, I read about your mortgage payment going up. HOLY COW!! That adjustment is almost as much as my entire house payment with escrow included (I do live in a tiny Kansas town though and our houses are a lot cheaper than the large town that we're near). Do you get something from your county annually/semiannually telling you what your property tax will be? $750/mo x 12 mo=$9000!! Could you check with the county/state dept that's responsible for property tax? Is there a place online that you could check with other houses in your area to compare mill levies? (um..at least I think that's what it's called...but that rate thing...we can check ours & our neighbors through our county's website.) Do you have last year's tax bill? Also, does your homeowners insurance come out of escrow too? Are you getting a good deal on it? Okay, hope I didn't write too much there, but I think with that large amount of a raise it might be possible someone made a mistake. Keepin' my fingers crossed for ya. = )

I'm going to print out the recipe too.....sounds yummy!

Tana

Hi Jess! Looks like we posted about the same time. I was thinking the same thing about the spices and my son. Then again, he's at that age where anything that looks different than a hotdog or chicken nugget is "disgusting". LOL

Tana

Okay, I finally attached a couple of pregnant pics. Neither one is spectacular, but you get the idea. There are so few pics of me (at least wearing matching clothes, combed hair, etc.) LOL

Tana (hoping I did this attachment thing correctly.)

Attachments

• 2008-12-25 039.jpg
    2008-12-25 039.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2008-12-25 010.jpg
    2008-12-25 010.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 15
The recipe actually isnt that spicy, not to me anyway. But if your kids are super picky im sure you can tweak the recipe. I never buy tomato juice - i use a small can of tomato sauce. I only made it once, so tomorrow will be the second time. I beleive the spices just go into the chicken coating. but i dont remember for sure. but im sure it will taste just as good if you go lighter on the spices. Im sensitve to spicy and this didnt bother me at all. Then again i am not a kid, nor am i picky :) Hope that helps a little!

Tana your pics worked thanks for sharing! Its nice to put a face with a name :)

Also about my payments, the taxes are over $4,000. Plus i have a homestead exemption. They were only charing me $18/mo since the last year for taxes becuase someone messed up. So i'm in a defecit of about 5,000 dollars. also i have been double paying on my homeowner insurance. i did not realize it was included in my mortgage payment (im dumb with this stuff). so i got a refund check from my other company and was kind of wondering why. the mortgage said i can send that check to put into escrow and it will lower my payments - from 2280 to 2180. not much help there....my insruance is about 1200 a year.

Tana - I know what you mean about pics. half the time I'm in my velour sweats and a tshirt so I don't wanna pic in that or with my hair a mess ha. When I'm all fixed up though I'm too lazy or busy to mess with it sigh! I'm due for one soon. I want to try to do one about once a month atleast. I'm going to try to force myself to do maternity portraits maybe about 8 months along and dig out my photo gear. Everything is all packed up. TFS your pic. it is cool to "meet" you in a another sense. how far along are you again? I'm pretty sure I know about where your at. looks like your all belly. ;) Sorry about the colds. I'm just now finally over it but my nose still gets clogged at night. maybe thats just a pregnancy thing? Gosh I was sick forever!! lol.. maybe like 2 months! :p I hope yours doesn't stick around that long!

Jen - I'll taste it as it goes I guess. I could always cut up the chicken and make them into burritos and freeze them if they kids don't care for it and eat them for lunches.. but I think they will. I also read the reviews on the recipe (always do that) and may take the recommendation of using chicken broth instead of tomato juice... do you think the extra tomato is necessary to the flavor though? (sauce or juice) I may also add a dash of cumin and some cilantro which just taste good in recipes like this. ;) I'm wanting to make it now ha! we have leftovers tonight though. I have some chicken to rewarm, making rice for the boys and I'm having a salad.
hope your second batch turns out good.

Hi ladies. Do you mind if I join? I am 36 weeks pregnant and a Cathe fanatic. I had a profile on the old boards (beckymd) but can't seem to access it anymore. Anyway, I am not really doing Cathe workouts right now...I am pretty exhausted. I do, however, play on the Wii Fit for now. After I have the baby I plan to get back into the swing of things.

About me: I am 26 and in my last year of medical school. I will be starting an internal medicine residency in July (won't know where for sure until March, but figuring it will be in Cincinnati Ohio). This is my first child. My husband is a computer programmer and plans to work from home once we move for residency. We've been married over 4 years and together for over 8. Her name will be Zoey Callista. My next doctor appointment is tomorrow and I am hoping to have some progress!

Look forward to meeting you all, and then seeing you on the post-partum board!

JEss i dont think the recipe will lack if you leave out the tomato sauce/juice. Its only a small can, about 8 oz. I did not read the reviews haha. My mom made it and told me it was so good and the chicken was very tender so i tried it out and agreed with her. Your extra additions sound like they will be tasty too.

ill be making it tonite so i can reheat it tomorrow for dinner. im home from work bumming around. i need to get my workout in now though - probably a circruit since i havent done weights since sundays drillmax. I might do Angie Millers Strength and Core Fusion but i dont know yet.

Welcome MDbecky (is your name becky? :) ) We are glad to have you - 36 weeks wow! You will be due very soon. What a cute name - Zoey. MY midwife is named Zoe. Other than that she is the only person i know with that name. I am 33 weeks (tomorrow) and I too am having a girl, due in Feb. My pregnancy has been relatively easy and problem free. I have major feet swelling though and now i found out i have carpal tunnel from being pregnant, just in my right hand. GO figure. THe joys of pregnancy! We are still working on a baby name. AS everyone else here knows since i drive them crazy and ask for input every time i think of a new name lol.

Ok, well off to start my workout so i can veg out tonite. Oh wait, i have to prepare tomorrows dinner so i cant really veg can i?

See y'all soon

Welcome MDBecky :) Sounds like you got your plans all set. I guess DH will help with the baby since he'll be at home? hope to get to know you some before you take off to the post partum checkin ;) I'm only 23 weeks so I'm a bit behind you. I'm expecting boy #3 the end of April.
Wow your going to be one busy gal!

Jen -Sometimes when I'm tired and have to cook I put on a movie to hear/watch in the background. It makes it alot more enjoyable to cook/clean in the kitchen. I've seen pride and prejudice like a thousand trillion times and a bunch of other period movies. Those are my thing. I also like tv shows like Road to Avonlea and Little House on the Prairie and have them on dvd. Anyway I've seen them all so many times that I don't really have to focus to watch. I always know what is going on. lol. In fact I've seen them too many times and need some new stuff. ugh.

oh I've got some beans soaking for tomorrow to toss in the crockpot with some ham hauks (sp?) we just use them for flavor. and then I'll just have to add a bit of onion, spices etc and later make jiffy cornbread. Couldn't be easier and when I said I was making beans DH got all excited lol. Its cheap, easy to make and yummy.

cheap and yummy is a great combo! Did you decide against the new recipe i posted today? Its cooking in the oven right now for tomorrow.
I dont mind cooking and baking. sometimes i have the tv on for background noise but i wont really watch it or pay attention.
i'll probably turn it on in a little while. I did my Angie Miller Dvd and it will be my last workout until Friday. My husband is not working wed/thur. I am but i can spend the evenings with him at least.
i have fri/sat/sun off. Fri we are visiting the second pediatrician and then i will decide who to choose for the baby.
The more i think about it, the more i like the name Ilaria. I think its between that and Marlo. My DH told me today he likes Marlo (again!) HE keeps changing his mind. He wont give Ilaria a chance. Out of the three girls i spoke to at work, tehre are 2 votes for Marlo and one for Ilaria.
Im sure i will change my mind again.
:)

Jen -lol on the names. Maybe if you keep insisting on Ilaria he'll really get going on Marlo (reverse psychology or something ha).
about the recipe -No I have it printed out but I have to wait till I go grocery shopping again. I go grocery shopping for a weeks worth of meals and I still have three meals left to cook first. So it'll have to wait. but I'm for sure gonna give it a whirl! :)

What do you mean "visiting" a pediatrician. Do you get some kind of appt or do you just ask if you can stop by and meet him/her? I'm going to see if the military insurance will let me go off post for a pediatrician. Might need to get that set up now also. I have no idea how to find out about different pediatricians though?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.