Pregnancy Checkin Dec 15th

How is everyone today? Hope you all had a good weekend. ;)
I got a belly pic yesterday but now to get it off dh camera and onto my computer. he said the card wasn't working on my computer so I hope I get it. otherwise I'll have to start over. ugh! lol.

hello
jess i hope your dh's camera works for you :)
My weekend was fine went by too quickly though.

Yesterday i got attacked by fire ants! it was awful. YOu dont see them until its too late. I was coming from church and my DH parked near the grass at home so i just alked around the car in the grass real quick, and by the time i made it to my front door it was too late. i felt them and there must have been abotu 20 or so all over my foot. I only see about 6 large bites on me but my foot is SO SWOLLEN, its downright disgusting. i could not even fit in my shoes this morning as i was getting ready for work.

im wearing the same pair i had on yesterday during the attack (lol) but ive been leaving them off. i have never seen my foot so big. its really huge and hurts like heck. i called my midwife but they did not need to see me. she said take ebenedryl, so i did, but it didnt help...

sigh....

other than that its a typical monday here! Not too busy tho, at least not yet.

I purchased a girls toy chest this weekend, its really cute. Its good quality wood, off white (doesnt quite match the decor) and really nice looking. it has a few scratches and dings on it, but nothing too noticeable. it has a scrolly painting design on the front with roses. i put it in the nursery, along with every thing else thats piling up there :)

Jen -oh no I hate fire ants :( They really do stink. I also swell up like that if I get bit. It's the worst! I hope it all heals up quickly. They do sell this ant bite gel/liquid at walmart to rub on it and it helps some.
Glad you had a good find today ;) sounds cute!

Just me and you again, jess? :)

Yes, fire ants are no fun at all. Nasty little buggers, thats for sure!
I took two benedryls at work - they did not help. In fact i swelled even more. I put some anti itch benedryl cream on it, didnt help either

my foot is HUGE. I have no ankle at all and i can barely bend my feet. Its hard to even put a flip flop on.

How long does it take for swelling to go down? and is this NORMAL?? i've been bitten by them before but only one or two at the same time. Never a whole bunch :(

Needless to say i could not workout tonite. i didnt even bother. its been an all around awful day anyway, so it may as well end like this. the scale said i gained over five pounds in a day. i just wanted to throw it. i feel so horrid and gross and big :(

Jen -yep you and me again lol.
I don't remember how long it takes to heal but I think its somewhat gradual. Swelling should go down in the next day or two... should be all healed up (bites) in a week or so I'd guess. Could probably workout in a day or two. I feel sorry for ya!

I STILL have a cold. the same darn one. I've been sick for like 2 months it seems like. I'm not any better cause I still can't breathe out of my nose and I can't remember when I did last except for very sporadically here and there. :p my throat hurts some but I think its just from coughing.

I got the belly pics downloaded.. they stink lol. I have the weirdest look on my face on most cause DH always takes them when I'm not ready. I shouldn't have done it in front of a window. oh well. I feel like I look so small in these pics but I think its the top. Its black and stretchy and long so it is slimming. Some tops make me really stick out there. well I guess it works for now. 20wk pic.

Last edited:
Jess your picture is great :)
MY dh takes FOREVER to snap a picture so i always feel like i have this frozen look on my face. You know how when you are smiling too long it starts to hurt? I always yell at him to hurry up and he takes it at the wrong time. But your pic looks great.

I know what you mean about different tops. I have one top that makes my belly look HUGE. Its maternity. Then the next week i wore a different one to work and the lady i work with said i shrunk and look a lot smaller. I really think it has to do with the cut and color of the top. Black is always very slimming :)

Well, i've been elevating my foot for over an hour with a ziplock bag full of ice cubes on it. Did not help at all. Im concerned becuase the swelling is extremely severe. I'm not sure how normal that is. I guess i'll shower, pop another benedryl and go to bed. I wasnt even hungry but decided around 845 i should eat something (besides xmas cookies!) so i made an egg on some toast with cheese. not very healthy but whatever. part of me feels like i'm so fat what does it matter? Lol. Im just feeling sorry for myself, i've had an awful day. Plus we are having a lot of financial woes on top of it. My husband went to work pretty down, and i hate to see him like that, given the job he does. He really needs to focus 100% on what he is doing and try not to let personal life creep up while on duty. We both have faith, and i know he will tell me we just have to trust in the Lord. But sometimes you cant help but feel sorry for yourself and worry about how the next bill will be paid.

Something is wrong with our irrigation outside. We normally pay $8 a month. Last month it was $87! We called the water company and they checked it out and said the meter is fine, so get in touch with the irrigation becuase its most likely a leak. Of course, it has to be! an $80 increase is insane, considering we dont even use the water outside except for the automatic twice a week sprinklers. they of course did not return our calls. i can just hear the money getting thrown away with every minute that passes by. I serisouly cannot afford to spend $80 extra dollars a month on the outside water we dont even use. And my stupid neighborhood has an HOA maintenance fee of over $800 EVERY THREE MONTHS!!! No payment plans, just pay at once. Who has that kind of money? Its due on the first and i dont know where it will come from. Its such a headache for us. If we didnt have child support payments it wouldnt be so bad...

sigh...im sorry, i just went off on a tangent. i think im just stressed out and overwhelmed. The future seems so uncertain sometimes!

I STILL have a cold. the same darn one. I've been sick for like 2 months it seems like. I'm not any better cause I still can't breathe out of my nose and I can't remember when I did last except for very sporadically here and there. :p my throat hurts some but I think its just from coughing.

I got the belly pics downloaded.. they stink lol. I have the weirdest look on my face on most cause DH always takes them when I'm not ready. I shouldn't have done it in front of a window. oh well. I feel like I look so small in these pics but I think its the top. Its black and stretchy and long so it is slimming. Some tops make me really stick out there. well I guess it works for now. 20wk pic.

Jess--Sorry you're sick. Not fun. I love your pic!!! You are beautiful. So sorry that you're not feeling well. I'm still not really showing and I think I'm 1 week behind you. However, this is my first. Ryan (the baby--no sex known) is still kicking, but I'm looking forward to the next ultrasound on Dec 30th. I'm in Chicago on vacation visiting family and it's crazy cold!!! I hate this weather!!!

I found Cathe on FitTV as we don't have that in Germany and it's getting ready to start so I'm off to do whatever she has on today. Yeah!

Jen--I'm so sorry about your foot. I hope it heals soon.

Talk to you soon!

Laura -thanks :) I bet its cold in chicago! wow. I feel like its freezing here but I bet its nothing to anywhere up north. ha. (texas). I hope Cathe gives you a good workout on fittv. I heard on the tv show they were shorter though? like 45 min. I never tried it cause we don't have cable anymore. I hear thats how a lot of people have found Cathe. I just found a used kickbox vhs at a consignment store. speaking of I feel like a slug again. I was doing fine last week. This week not yet. my throat was really bugging me all night. ugh. I'm so stuffed up. when will it go away?! lol. I'm ready to get back into my fit self and be in super shape before baby. I know it'll be harder to workout after than now. sigh. I should be doing great now but just isn't working out as planned. sigh!

Jen- Yeah my DH does that too. I'll wait forever till I start getting this fake smile then he takes it then or when I start to talk like "tell me when ok?" so he gets me mid sentence. ha. I really pop out when I am in my prepregnancy lounge stuff (sweats/tshirt) I wont fit in them much longer.
Wow seems we pay alot more for water. In the summer if you don't water often you end up with brown grass. Its really a chore to keep the plants alive here its so hot! This month is WAY down cause we didn't water at all and the water bill was $20. this summer it was 3-4x that. I hope they fix the leak. wouldn't that be the water co. fault? that stinks they make you pay for it? You should try to fight it and see if they can cover it maybe? I hope the finances get better! I know how stressful that can be. I feel like we are at the grocery store every other day. the boys eat like they have bottomless pits in their stomach. The food bill is a BIGGIE around here. but also others. We dip into the savings we have everymonth which is really a loan. sigh. I'm hoping DH will be promoted in a few months we could sure use the money. atleast to keep our heads above water. Having a baby coming doesn't make you feel much better either. Baby gear is outrageous. sigh.

How is your foot today?? I hope better some. If you've never been bit by a ton of ants before then maybe you'd be shocked to see how much it swells. I've had some pretty bad swelling from that. but then I can't see your foot. I'd say if it doesn't go down some by tomorrow I'd try to get it looked at. maybe being pregnant just aggrivates the swelling. I dunno. I've seen a guy at church whose hand was so HUGE from ant bites. He said he couldn't hold anything or move his fingers much.

Hello to all!

I found out yesterday that I failed my glucose test. I'm scheduled Friday for the 3-hour test. Ugh..I know in the grand scheme of things it's not terrible. I had it with my DS, but ugh it STINKS! I don't know why it's really bumming me out this time. I'm mad and sad, yet trying to tell myself if I fail the 3 hr I'll only have to prick myself for 10 weeks. Then my head tells me 10 wks=70 days=280 sticks. It doesn't really hurt, but its something I'll have to remember to take along with me everywhere I go. Plus there are all the sweet treats that I'm gonna have to back off of....sigh. I don't get it. I'm not overweight at all (well, pre-prego that is) and I've exercised regularly for 10+ yrs.

Oh well....I'm sorry to rant and run, but I've got to get bundled up to pick up DS from preschool. We got snow overnight, but he still has school today.

I'll be back soon to catch up.
Tana

hi ladies
JEss my foot is still huge and my right one has also started to swell. that has to be pregnancy related since i got bit on the left foot. MY foot is HUGE. I brought slippers to work today lol.

i even took pics of it last nite to send my mom. she was horrified haha the swelling has gone down, but only just a teeny tiny bit. its still huge and uncomfy. i dont think i'll be able to workout AGAIN becuase i cant put a shoe on! Maybe i can try. Or maybe i'll have to just lift weights and do no cardio. I Really NEED to do cardio. Im such a fatty lately and the number on the scale is sickening. I wonder how much water weight i am carrying tho, with all this swelling that is going on.

Tana, sorry about the glucose testing :( Maybe it just has to do with your genetics. If you work out and have a reasonable diet, your genes might be the culprit. Or it might just be an occurance for you during pregnancy. Has it gone away for you in the past once you give birth?

Jen -well water weight CAN add alot to the scale. I swole up horribly with my first but I had preeclampsia pretty bad and pretty early on. I looked just awful but after baby most of that melted off pretty fast all on its own. I looked like a different person. I'm sure half of what I gained was swelling weight and I gained alot. I'd just make sure they keep an eye on it at your appts.

Tana- sorry about the glucose test. I have that coming up and am nervous about it. I've never had any trouble before but I'm still nervous! I've eaten more sweets this pregnancy I'm usually not even a sweet tooth. goodluck at your next testing!

Thanks Jen & Jess! The diabetes did go away after I gave birth. It's just depressing having it happen this time of year. (I know I still have a chance at passing the 3 hr...keeping my fingers crossed). DH made peanut butter cookies Sunday and a boy scout delivered a canister of lite carmel corn that I had forgotten I ordered (of course DH had to open it tonight...I was thinking about giving it away as a gift....grrr)

Jen, I had no idea that fire ants attacked like that. Very scary! I think we have some here in Kansas, but I don't think I could identify them if I had to.

Tana

Tana - you will KNOW these ants when you see them. Becuase by the time you feel them on you its too late! hahaha. SEriously they are the worst. Blech.
Sorry about the time of year and the glucose test. THere are always cookies and candies and tons of goodies lying around. Its hard to have any willpower. I made 3 batches of xmas cookies on saturday. i brought some in to work , gave a big tin to my dad and just have been eating them a few a day! Oy...no willpower over here thats for sure. I have two on my desk i brought from home, they are staring at me :) I'm not really hungry just yet though..

Jess - good to know the swelling causes a lot of weight gain. I wonder how much water weight i gained and how much fat i gained. I still dread the scale.

Actually, last nite i was so determined to get a workout in becuase i was feeling fat and gross. So i shoved my swollen feet into my shoes and told myself i would try. if it wasnt painful i would work out. I actually managed to do Lower Intensity Circuit by Cathe! Iw as so proud of myself. IT actually didnt even hurt at all. It just loooked gross. I had no ankles and it was not flattering. I felt fatter than i really am lol. But i did the whole workout and part of the bonus cardio even. Sort of as punishment for slacking off the past couple days.

The workout actually helped me because the swelling went down, just a little. I think maybe the movement broke up some of the fluids (i dont know if thats even possible!) but anyway, it helped. Im still swollen but not as bad. Im in fuzzy pink slippers at work. Im sure it doesnt look very professional, but oh well. I cant really fit into my shoes and since i'm sitting 10.5 hours a day i cant squeeze into shoes all day long, it would just make it worse.

Anyway, im writing a lot, sorry for being so chatty! I hope you all have a great day!
Im 31 weeks today. Whooohooo!!

Jen -congrats on 31 weeks! your getting so close! :) Glad you got a workout in. I'd do the same with the slippers at work.

Tana- oh fire ants are stinkers for sure. If you step on their home they'll be all over you in no time. My poor kids have had this happen to them before also. It's no fun at all.
I have some of that boyscout lite carmel corn too. I've only eaten a few bites. I have wished I didn't open it and gave it as a gift also. oh well :( the kids will eat it I'm sure. Or I was thinking I could wrap them up in that colored plastic wrap and tie a bow on them for neighbors etc. ?

Yuck on the fire ants biting your kids, Jess. We had lots of ant this year in our yard, but they were the regular brownish red kind. Just annoying especially since they'd have their hills next to our porch & sidewalk. They'd catch DS's attention.

Yummmmm...sugar cookies! I love baking and decorating sugar cookies this time of year. I know we'll have to do it next week/weekend, because DS will want to leave some for Santa. Wonder how they'd be with Splenda....j/k...there's no way they'd be the same yummy goodness. I might have to buy frosting instead of making my own cream cheese/powdered sugar kind. Wonder if it has any less sugar.

I agree with Jess about the slippers at work. With sitting that long, you should be as comfortable as possible.

Off to find some lunch. Then I told DS we'd go play in the snow later. I can't stand cold weather, but at least it's not windy today. When I'm old, I'm definitely moving south for the winter. = )

Tana

ooh sugar cookies. i didnt make those this year. i usually do. i made peanut butter blossoms (withe the hershey kisses), and a cherry version, and also a pistachio cream one from the 70s. Very retro but my favorite. THey are almost all gone. Luckily i gave some away. Tis the season for eating bad - someone just dropped off FIVE POUNDS of homemade assorted chocolates here at work. FIVE POUNDS!!!! I already had one. But i dont think i'll have anymore. You never know what you get until you bite into it and i always pick the wrong kind haha

im starting to swell again, i dont get up and walk much, but i dont know how much thatwould help. i cant work out again until friday becuase my husband is off wed and thur so i usually spend the time with him. otherwise the nite just escapes me.

well speaking of cookies. I made soft ginger cookies that I got the recipe for in the open forum. mmmmmmmmmmm! they were super. I then made some double chocolate cookies that we eat sometimes and they are good too. I'm trying to avoid them. Its not working too well though! lol. I get a craving but I only really need one maybe two cookies out of the whole batch to give me my "fix". After that its just temptation then I feel guilty. ha.

Well I dunno WHAT is up with my body. I've got this two month cold going on. My throat is bugging me. Now I woke up with a bit of pink eye. It's not too bad but I got it. I haven't had that in YEARS since my oldest brought it home from school. DH is getting some meds for it. I have family coming Friday for the weekend last thing I wan't is to be all sick AND have pink eye. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Its not so bad. It just feels dry now but I'm afraid it'll start to goop up tonight when I'm sleeping or something. I hope not. I have never had a cold this long ever as far as I know. It's just weird. The migranes for a few months was weird too even though I get frequent headaches. I'm taking my vitamins and trying to eat well. what am I doing wrong? Well I am reminding myself to be thankful baby is healthy and I'll make it thru this. Just dissapointed I'm not doing better with exercise and feeling good like I did with last DS.
Well I'm off to vacuum. Just did some major reorganizing to clear out the nursery of the rest of stuff taking up space in there. That felt good to get that done. Still got more stuff planned to do in there. I need a dresser. My closet is used up with photography equipment I never use. sigh. no where else to keep it all.

Hang in there Jess!! You poor thing, you have been feeling under the weather for so long. I feel truly blessed with a problem free pregnancy (for the most part!) I was not sick for long and my worst symptom was being tired, and when my thyroid went haywire.

Now my main problem is swelling. Both my feet blew up again! I thought they were on the mend..sigh...

but you know what JEss? A lot of these things are beyond our control! So just hang in there. Pretty soon your baby will be born and it will all be worth it and then you can get back to your old self :) We might even miss being pregnant!

and i know exactly what you mean about lack of storage space :( I have the same problem. In fact my nursery is a mess. Its got a bookcase and computer desk that i need to ind a spot for. In addition the crib, armoire, changing table, and toy chest are also in there. The room is only 10x11 for goodness sake!!! I NEED a larger more spacious home :)

Jen -lol yeah I know what you mean about space. We finally got a house with an extra room (was storage room for a while) and I made it into a guest room with only a twin bed cause we had it already. Now its a nursery. I had to move this huge armoir that holds blankets into the hallway where it barely fits. Yes I managed that myself. I didn't want to wait for DH. I emptied it all out first of course. I'm trying to figure out where a dresser will go. I'm not sure how large the room is but it feels more like a large closet. ha. oh well.

Yeah I guess if its not one thing its another with pregnancy. I hope your swelling goes down. Dh brought home some ointment for my eyes and I had him rubbing my neck. I had slept on it wrong or something and its really hurting. I have had it suggested to go see a chiropractor to see if that may cause some of my headaches. I do tend to get stiff in the neck and headaches that hurt in the back of my head as well as front. So it's possible.

I guess I look pretty bad I just made a door to door salesman run for his life. lol. well he sure didn't push it lets say that. He asked what is wrong with my eyes. I just said I was sick. Dh put that goop on them so that makes me look pretty scarey I guess. lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.