Pregnancy Check in - Week of 5/23

StaceyDeLapp

Cathlete
Hi! Hope everyone is doing well. Jacque - I am so excited to hear that you are having a little girl. You are going to have so much fun! I had ballet recitals for my daughter last weekend, and I got some really great pictures. Her and I have such a connection. My son and husband share that same connection--Connor always preferred daddy no matter what I did, or how hard I tried. Annelise really prefers mommy no matter what daddy does. I hope this little guy is a little different. Both our feelings are hurt every now and then over the other's strong preference.

I've been gone for awhile because I have been super busy with work and personal commitments, and then, my computer was broken for two weeks. Still not sure what happened to it, but my applications wouldn't work. I had to completely restore my computer. My old files were saved, luckily.

Since last post, I had my 24 week appt. which included a second ultrasound as the baby was a little small for my dates. My due date should be 9-16, but it was showing his size to be due on 9/23. Although I do have longer cycles at times, I had been having 30-day cycles for 6 months so instead of bumping my due date out a whole week, the dr and I decided that I would have a second ultrasound at 24 weeks. Well, this time, the ultrasound was showing a due date of 10-3. There is no way this could be correct (I had a postiive pee test on 1/15), and I was really worried at first, but after talking to my dr., I felt better. She told me not to worry, that their ultrasound machine uses 3 measurements and a mathematical formula to calculate the due date. Apparently 2 of the measurements were on track, the third was small (his abdomen). She is referring me to a high-risk ob ultrasound technician just to make sure everything is okay. I'm not sure when the appt will be as the office was closed for the holiday Friday afternoon, reopening on Tuesday. Everything else looked great - heart, spine, brain, cord, placenta. Just strange as my babies are usually 8 lbs or more. I guess we'll see. My uterus is still measuring around 24 weeks and my weight gain has been within appropriate guidelines. I started the pregnancy out at what I consider a healthy weight, but may be considered a bit low by medical standards, but still, a good size for my body. Since this appt., I felt flu-like over the weekend and haven't been able to eat much. It worries me more now because I'm already concerned about his size. I will just feel better after that next ultrasound appt. to hopefully hear that everything is just fine.

My workout week was okay. I actually did quite a bit of shopping this past week, and that cut into my workouts more than it should have. Actually, with my computer being down I was working out of my business partner's home quite a bit too which ate into my workouts as well since it only leaves the evening for my workouts which is a little hard to muster the energy after a long day. I also had a b-day party on Saturday and company on Sunday, along with feeling flu-like, I haven't worked out since Thursday. I'm contemplating an easier workout tonight, but not sure if I should go there yet. I may just take it easy until tomorrow. 15 weeks to go - I think I just might make it. This has definitely been the hardest (most emotional) time of my life.

Sunday: Cathe's new step tape with 3 intervals at the end - section 1 & 2 only (why can't I ever remember the name of this tape?!?)
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Cathe's new step tape with 3 intervals at the end - section 3 & intervals (modified)
Wednesday: Leaner Legs (went down to 25 lbs.)
Thursday: Step & Intervals (felt great after this workout)
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off

Oh yeah - I also had a very sore leg on Friday. I was wondering if it was from the plyo-jacks. Not doing those again. It hurt as if I was getting a charlie horse in my quad muscle until today. I still notice it a tiny bit today, but not too much. I think my ligaments are just getting softer and I need to take it easy on the high-impact stuff.

I look forward to reading up on all of your posts and hope that you are all doing great. Take care. I'll post when I know more about my next ultrasound.

Stacey
Edd 09-16-04??

Hello!

No workouts to report this week... Still resting per doctor's orders. However, I will be back to working out today. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and I have the green light to workout again. Yeah! :7 I got Cathe's new DVD's on Friday and I am dying to try them out! :)

Stacey - keep us posted on the ultrasound results. Hope you get to feeling better as well.

Take care!

Hello ladies! Glad to hear from you Stacey... you and baby are in my thoughts this week!!

Christy, can you believe you are due THIS MONTH!!!! It must be sooooo exciting! Are you ready? Well, as ready as one can be. :)

Sunday: KPC
Monday: Off
Tuesday: MIS
Wednesday: Yoga
Thursday: PS CST & My own Cathe Cardio Mix (can’t remember which ones I did)
Friday: PS BBA & Walking
Saturday: NYC Ballet

We finished the nursery this weekend. I just have to wash and dry clothes. Sydney is so excited about her brother; she keeps asking me if I am ready to go to the hospital. :)

If any of you are interested in sugar free, whole wheat muffins and breads, I just discovered southavenfarms.com. They do use sucralose, which some people wish to avoid, but I really like the products. You can only order on-line.

Well, I have to get off here. Sydney is “ready” to go outside... dressed in her shirt and sandals... no pants or panties. :)

Have a great week!

Autumn
EDD (Dates) 07-19-04
EDd (U/S) 07-15-04

Hi Ladies!
Well, I have got to start writing down my workouts. I'm having a major brain fade on what I did last week, partly because my feet - a raging case plantar fasciitis - are really slowing me down. But it seems to be getting a little better every day. I know I did Body Tech one day, had a pre-natal yoga class on Thurs. and did Simply Strong on Friday. There was another day of low impact floor aerobics or step in there somewhere but I just can't remember what I did!

Cathe's two new beginner DVD's are absolutely perfect for me at this point in my pregnancy. Low impact (a must for my poor feet right now), no complicated twists or turns and just the right amount of cardio. The weight work keeps my muscles stimulated. Perfect timing for receiving these. I tried those this week already and I may give the advanced one a shot. I much prefer Cathe's beginner workouts to the Fit For 2 DVD I bought. I've only done the cardio part of that workout one time.

Stacey - glad to see your posts again. Keep us posted on the little guy and hope you feel better, too!

Christy- I'm glad you can exercise again. You're in the final stretch! How exciting!

Have a great week, everyone.
Diana
EDD 8/11/04

Hi Diana,
I know exactly what you are talking about w/ Cathe's new beginner videos. They are perfect for pregnancy. They require very little modifications - which is a nice change. Do you feel they are beginner level? I've done Body Fusion and the Intermediate High Step Workout and still managed to get my heart rate up. Of course, walking to the bathroom does that these days... ;) The weight work is pretty easy w/ 3lb weights, but, thankfully can be modified up.

Hello everyone!

I am bummed. I have missed two workouts in a row! I have been very sick and very very tired. It seems that you always forget about this feeling.
I am hoping that I can do basic step/body fusion when it comes.

Diana & Christy,

I may give these a try next week after reading your post. I saw the chiropractor yesterday for my initial exam... no adjustment yet... she recommended walking only. Maybe, this would be a compromise. :)

Autumn

Allison,

I remember how frustrated I was when the nausea and fatigue got the best of me. I hope it passes soon! Just take it easy and do what you can!

Autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.