Precision Nutrition or Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat

kali1

Cathlete
Is Precision Nutrition worth the price? I like the fact I will actually receive books instead of downloading an e-book. I roughly calculated, by the time I print Tom Venuto's e-book from my printer, it will cost almost as much as PN. I'm not interested in counting calories and I'd rather have simple recipes to follow. Any suggestions or opinions?

I have BFFM and like it a lot. There aren't any recipes in it. I have no direct experience with Precision Nutrition, so can't help you there.

I have BFFM and like it a lot. There aren't any recipes in it. I have no direct experience with Precision Nutrition, so can't help you there.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Does BFFM give you ideas on what to eat?

I have both and found Precision Nutrition more useful. It comes with a lot of starter recipes and the Gourmet Nutrition cookbook is great too.

I enrolled in PN's Lean Eating program for women in January - I'm really finding it valuable. I really like the way JB is scaling the PN habits to apply to folks in different situations - not just the kind of male-centric "scrawny to brawny" demographic.

BFFM provides very general guidelines for what to eat. There are templates suggested for 6 meals a day. A breakfast suggestion is an egg white omelet with oatmeal and an orange. Lunch or dinner could be chicken breast, baked potato and broccoli.

You would have to develop your own templates for the number of meals you would like to have that would reflect the calorie level you want to follow.

From the description of PN in the previous post, it sounds like PN would be a good choice for you.

I have both and found Precision Nutrition more useful. It comes with a lot of starter recipes and the Gourmet Nutrition cookbook is great too.

I enrolled in PN's Lean Eating program for women in January - I'm really finding it valuable. I really like the way JB is scaling the PN habits to apply to folks in different situations - not just the kind of male-centric "scrawny to brawny" demographic.

Are the recipes easy to follow and are the ingredients easy to find in the store?

The Lean eating program? Is that something new? How is that different from the regular PN set?

For specific advice on eating, I recommend PN. For overall advice on nutrition and training to reach your goals, BFFM. If you can afford both, I would get both.

I didn't print BFFM at home. I used Fedex Kinko's. I uploaded a copy to thier site and picked up the printed and bound copy later that day. It wasn't outrageously expensive either.

You might also consider Clean Eating magazine. It's a bit different than having a book, but Reno does provide 2 week eating plans that might be quite useful if you don't want to count calories. I recommend at least grabbing a copy from your local library or going on the website where I think you can look at past issues for the 2 week meal plans. These are seasonal, so look at an old one that are the same months we are in now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.