Pre-workout meal/snack

susanzabo

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

HAPPY FRIDAY! Here I am again, looking for some help.

I am an early morning exerciser. During the week I am up at 5am usually starting the DVD by 5:20. Because of this, I never eat before I exercise. It has always worked for me and since working out later isn't an option because I work (getting up earlier isn't an option either because it would be 4 something and that's just not right), it just is what it is.

My question is about my daughters. They get home from school at 3:15, one has soccer at 4:30 and one at 5:30. I would like some ideas of what is best to eat either 1 or 2 hours before their practice. They are running A LOT during these practices and their energy fizzles out pretty quick.

Thanks for your help.

Susan

My kids have a similar schedule (sectionals, violin, bootcamp, track, basketball), and I finally started feeding them a full dinner at 4:00, pretty much right when they get home from school. Their activities go from 4:45 to around 7:30-ish, so we do light snacks at that time, like smoothies, fruit, oatmeal, sandwiches...stuff like that. It takes more time management on my part to get dinner done that early, but it's the only thing that works for us. :)

Our schedules are very similar. I have 5 boys who have soccer practice after school and don't get home till about 9:30pm. We have always had early dinners and when they get home from practice they will make themselves either breakfast (eggs), or a protein shake, or they will have any left overs from dinner. I use to stay up until they got home from practice and make them something to eat but it was extremely hard for me to stay awake, I wake up at 2am 6 days out of the week so by 8:30 I'm exhausted. The only downfall of letting them cook when they get home is that the kitchen is a total mess when I wake up in the morning!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.