Pre-pregnancy/post pregnancy measurements

jackie7

Cathlete
I was just curious if most of the mothers in this forum were able to get their bodies back to their
prepregnancy form. I seemed to have gained a couple of inches in my hips and waist that I can't get rid of. Thanks for the input.

my experience

Yes, I have been able to return to the same measurements in the hips and waist that I had before. However, they do look different. My belly button will never be the same and even though my lower abdomen is the same size, it has a little bit more of a pooch than before (lots of extra skin and lots of stretch marks). Now, lets not even even start on my chest measurements
sad.gif

Post-pregnancy damage

My weight and shape returned to pre-pregnancy within about 6 months, but my breasts got stretch marks and saggage, and I have had to worry about urine leaking during jumping jacks movements if I don't make sure I empty my bladder immediately before anything high impact. I only had one baby and it was 15 years ago. I have seen many cases where a woman's body rebounds from one baby but the second one ruins them. Maybe it's youth, maybe it's the sibling squabbling that gets them. I dunno.

It's tough

Even at the same weight and clothing size as pre-babies, my body shape is different. I used to be one of those women you hate, with abs that I could actually get concave with some work and watching my diet. My HIPS were another story altogether, but I had abs I wish now that I had appreciated THEN. ( Kind of like "Youth is wasted on the young!"
happy.gif
) I've had 4 children, and somewhere around the 3rd, I think it was, my abs just gave up.
happy.gif
I have muscles, but there is a pooch of loose skin and, yes, flab, that doesn't go away, even though my clothing size is the same. On the up side, since I now seem to carry a bit more flab on the tummy, I'm not struggling as mightily with the hips as I used to. It used to be that the hips would be snug and the waist super loose. So even though there are changes in my shape that seem to be permanent, it isn't all negative. And my kids are definitely worth it!
happy.gif

Erin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.