Prayer Request for My Dad

JT

Cathlete
Hello Friends of the Forum.
My Dad has beat cancer at Mayo at the young age of 71. His energy is up and his numbers are great, praise GOD!!

The only problem is that he is losing weight. He is on a feeding tube and they increased his caloric intake, much to his disqust. He's always been slim, but at a good weight with my Mom's homecooking. I just emailed her thinking it might be an overactive thyroid problem. We looking at round 5 of chemo in the next week, with 6 to follow with self to self stem cell transplant to make sure his Brikkats disease (non-Hodkins lymphoma) or Aggressive B-cell doesn't return.

Please pray that my Dad will put on the necessary weight with the nutrition he needs to fully recover. And, if it's thyroid, for that to be taken care of.

Thank you in advance for your time and prayer.

jennifer,

i am praying for your dad. May he be lifted up in prayer, with the Lord at his side. i pray for his full recovery in God's name.

is your dad being seen by a speech pathologist for the feeding? can he eat and drink by mouth? i ask, because i am one. if so, this is a good person to speak with about the caloric intake, and even the thought of a thyroid problem. i hope you dont mind my asking. i wish i could do more to help.

suri

You have my prayers for your Dad, hang in there and know we will all be thinking of you. Are they going to do test for thyroid? My mom has the opposite, underactive & has to take a pill each day but it has helped her. Please keep us posted on his progress.

I will keep your dad in my prayers, as well as you and the rest of your family. It's so nice to hear that he is beating the cancer!

Suri,
Not sure if there's a speech pathologist involved. He was drinking and eating lightly by mouth but not sure if that's even being done still. He's considered to be an outpatient at Mayo, and staying in the assisted living unit next to it. So, between Mayo and the unit, I'm not positive who is on his CARE team.
Are you in MN?
Thank you for your prayers, I truly appreciate them and so does my family.

Thinking of you and praying for a good outcome for you Dad.

He's beat it once before, he can beat it again!

I am praying hard for your dad. May he have a thriving recovery and a full rest of life. Take care of yourself at this time, too. I am thinking of you. Hang in there.

jenni

Hey JT -

Your Dad is in my prayers, hang in there he will pull though, he came this far...

Take care - Keep us posted!

Today is a Gift, Live it to the fullest ~

~Jennifer~

RE: Prayer Request for My Dad-Update

Hello Friends of the Forum.
Suri encouraged me to see if my Dad had a speech pathologist on his Care team at Mayo, well he does now. After my Mom read my email asking her about it, she got on the horn and took action. Thank you, Suri. Your intervention may have saved his life.:) :) :)
This doctor and my Mom got my Dad eating real food. I emailed my Mom about his eating some trans-fat cause at this point, it might help. Better yet, some good Hungarian Goulash, Chicken Paprikash, and some apple pie. My Mom agreed at some point, it might work.
He is eating and he is continuing to do well on his PT/OT.
Thank you for your prayers and your advice. Me and my family truly appreciate it.

Love.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.