PowerMax as hi/lo workout

K

kimberlyh

Hi everyone!
I just got back from a five-day trip to Los Angeles. I brought my laptop with DVD player along and all my DVD workouts: Tae Bo, Kathy Smith Kickboxing, 8 minute abs (don't laugh!), Yoga for Abs, Upper and Lower Body and, most importantly, Cardio Hits.

After doing Tae Bo Advanced twice, and Tae Bo Basic plus 8-minute once, I couldn't make myself do it again yesterday morning. For some reason, my Kathy Smith DVD will not play unless I put in a movie first (I usually carry around "An American in Paris" just for this reason, but I forgot to bring it this time). The only other option was running on the hotel's indoor track, which was a short circular balcony that reminded me of one of those hamster wheels. So being desparate, I decided to do PowerMax without a step.

It turned out to be a great workout! Naturally, it wasn't as intense as if I'd had an 8" step, but I pendulum'd, power squatted and 360'd myself around my hotel room and worked up a decent sweat. To increase the intensity, I modified some of the moves--like doing kicks instead of knees. It worked really well, except for the 360 move which was a little awkward on the floor.

One of the reasons I bought this DVD was to have the abs portion for traveling, but it's nice to know that I could try one of the step routines as a hi/lo if I want.

I just realized ....

When the new DVDs are available, I'll be able to do Cardio Kicks and any of the hi/lo or kickboxing segments from the Crosstrainers DVD in my hotel room. Hotel management will REALLY wonder what I'm up to!! Maybe business travel isn't so bad, after all.

Oh boy...

Hi Kimberly, (on a side note..your puppy cuddle get together sounds soooo cute
wink.gif
).

On to DVD's...I love how you use your laptop as a traveling studio!...my husband has been pinging for a laptop forever..and I keep saying "what for?" "waste of money!" (for us anyway..just another toy) but now maybe I will ease off of that....hehehe..I Kinda like that idea of a traveling DVD player
wink.gif

We actually decided to pass on a regular DVD player, for now, but I will still be able to use the new DVDs on the regular computer for strength...but stuck with VHS for my cardio area..unless we get that laptop
wink.gif
. Hhmmmm, now how do I start to convince him it's OUR laptop to share! LOL

nancy:O)

Cool!

I use my laptop DVD player when I travel too. I only have KS Kickboxing right now, but I pre-orderd the new DVDs and was going to get Cardio Hits later....Maybe that will happen sooner than I thought! Thanks for the great idea!!

Jenn C

Question for Jen

Jenn--
Do you have problems getting your Kathy Smith DVD working on your laptop? I get error messages and get no response unless I put in a DVD movie first and start the movie running. Then I stop the movie, re-insert Kathy Smith and it works just fine. I bought the DVD from Collage and the first one did that, so they exchanged it for me and the second one does it as well. It's not a major problem, but it does seem kind of silly to have to carry around a movie just to make this work.

Have you had similar problems?

Nope...

I haven't had any problem with the DVD. It plays when I first put it in. Could it be a problem with DVD player?

Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.