Power Yoga

shopgirl

Cathlete
Hi - sorry I know this has been discussed before, but I am looking to buy a Power Yoga workout and wondered if you yoga-lovers can recommend something. I need to keep my workouts to an hour or under due to time constraints, and I need something strenuous to compliment Cathe.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Shopgirl :)

Hi Shopgirl,

I like Bryan Kest's Power Yoga series. It's actually three workouts, all about an hour long.

I love Bryan Kest, but even more, I love Baron Baptiste! Both offer great workouts with challenging moves. They both have their own websites (google them!) and you can see what they are all about.

Maybe, one day Cathe will do a power yoga tape!?!??! (hint, hint)

Enjoy, yoga is great compliment to our normal workouts...

Hi Shopgirl! I agree with the other posters about B. KEST'S 1995 POWER YOGA Series (all three are now available on one DVD for about $13 at DeepDiscountDVD plus free shipping). Unfortunately this DVD is not chaptered but the workouts themselves are wonderful.

BARON BAPTISTE is also great. My personal favorite is "SOUL OF STRENGTH."

DAVID SWENSON has a wonderful DVD called "SHORT FORMS." I LOVE his teaching style and his soothing voice but I wish he held the poses longer. It's a great DVD, though, and I reach for it often.

My all-time favorite is EOIN FINN'S "POWER YOGA FOR HAPPINESS." It contains five workouts ranging from 30 to 85 min (all from the same footage). The instruction is great and background yoginis show different modifications. His original "POWER YOGA" is excellent as well.

There are some excellent reviews of all of these practices at Video Fitness.

HTH! Yoga has done wonders for my flexibility and I really miss it if I don't include it in my rotations.

Hi Shopgirl! I'm really surprised no one recommends Rodney Yee. He happens to have a new DVD called "Power Yoga". Its so beautifully produced with Hawaii as the backdrop you just can't help but relax & get into the routine. It also flows beautifully from one pose to the next. I highly recommend this one. This is Iyengar yoga BTW. HTH, Kathy:D

Hi,

I also use Bryan Kest for yoga. I use the 3 workout series...Sweat, Tone and Energize. It's a pretty tough practice!! I have used Baron Baptiste too, but enjoy Bryan's workouts better. Good Luck!!

Aila:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.