Power Outage!!!!

Carole-

Your friend can't walk because she walked down 40 flights of stairs 2 days ago? And another needed surgery because she was too overweight to walk much at all? Now I have renewed faith in the power of eating right and exercising!! Frankly, your friends stories scare me.

You sure were lucky, and thinking well, to take that bus!! My Dad works in midtown and caught the last bus to New Jersey! How lucky was that?? If he hadn't caught that bus, though, my 71-year old Dad would have had no problem walking to Brooklyn with us to stay at our place. He's an ardent tennis player and walker and has maintained his 34-inch waist since college. I hope your friend who feels she needs to stay home tomorrow learned a lesson from this?

-Nancy

That particular friend is the laziest person in the world (she knows it, jokes about it and is even a little proud of it). I am being completely literal when I say that she never gets off her chair if she can help it. The woman who had the surgery is more active than one might think, and she isn't a huge eater. I think she's a classic case of a person doomed by her genes. I hope she gets healthy and fit now.

I consider myself very lucky to have gotten on that bus because the later buses to Staten Island are those that have done a first trip and come back into Manhattan. On Thursday, they couldn't get back so there was only one trip. Your father lucked out too, Nancy. He's the only New Jersey Person I've heard of who made it home.

Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.