Power Hour +

lbobcat

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done this DVD before. Just by reading through the info it sounds a lot like "Group Power" - a class I took at the YMCA. I miss it so much but it is a hassel going and forking over the cash.

Anyway, here's my ?... What is the weight Cathe uses for the biceps/triceps - shoulders - legs, etc... I would like to know as I am needing to pump up my collection of free weights and also just to see if I can handel it!

thanks much!

Check out Lainie's site. She has a spreadsheet you can download of all the workouts and what weight Cathe uses for which workout.

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

Having said that, though, you should always pick a weight that is suitable for you. When I started my 4DS rotation, I was doing roughly half or less the weight Cathe was and got a great workout (and through the rotation made some strength gains and some new weight purchases).

April

i just did this workout this morning. i love this one. its very challenging. cathe's weight varies for each exercise. for squats she uses 40lbs and this is the heaviest she uses in the workout. lunges are 30 i think. biceps:25 triceps:20lbs for lying extensions and 5lbs for kick backs. shoulders: 5lbs for shoulder extension, 10lbs for lateral raises and front raises. she uses a 20lb barbell for shoulder presses. i'm pretty sure all of these are the right weight. you should invest in this workout. its great! muscle max is great as well.

Power Hour and the rest of the videos on here are very fun! I do highly recommend this video and I still use it a lot. Power Hour is similar to a Body Pump class where you take one muscle group and work it for one full song. It can get tough, so start lighter than you think you would do.

Maximim Intensity Strength is a really good total body workout. The outfits out a little outdated (not so much Power Hour), but the work is very solid and sound.

Body Max 1 remains one of my favorite workouts of all times. The step is fast and refreshing - not too much repeat, but simple athletic moves that are designed to get your heart rate up and keep it up. The power circuits are fun and fast - I think Body Max 2's circuits and especially weights are too long. And the Upperbody weight work is realy good. I'd have a tough time chosing between BMax 1 and 2 as to which one I like better - I do like the premixes on 2, though.

Thank you all for the input. I will definitely look into this DVD.

I was the one in the back row at the Y but usually with the same weight the instructor used, so I "think" I can handle it.

Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.