Postpartum: Clean Eating & Exercising Check in ?

melanalyus

Cathlete
Anyone interested in a check-in?

I'm working on eating cleaner (little/no simple sugars). My last two pregnancies I had 25 and 15lbs of weight to lose & I used a modified SouthBeach Diet to help obtain pre-pregnancy weight. This time I have about 30 lbs to lose,...

So.....clean eating & exercise in full force!!!!

Biggest challenge? Mountain Dew & Christmas cookies

Physical challenge? Large & uncomfy nursing boobies and lower physical fitness due to difficult pregnancy

Today's goal: Turbo Jam Cardio Party Re Mix + Turbo Jam 3T

I might try to make my wholesome oat muffins too. ;)

Melanie-Im here girl! Be here full force tomm...been gone all day and about to hit the sack. Looking forward to this check in!

My diet today wasn't all the good. I had one and one/half Mountain Dews and one and one/half Christmas cookie

DH was gone most of day...so I was only able to do a short workout, Turbo Jam 3T

Tomorrow's a new day!!!!

Melanie, I just wanted to chime in and let you know what a wonderful example you are to new moms out there! 5 kids at home, 2 of them newborns and you're making the time to workout. Great job!

To Susan and all the other moms in here-you girls are awesome! When I feel like slacking, I just read about how you're finding the time and energy and it inspires me to go exercise! Thanks for the motivation:)

Morning!
Melanie-for you to find the time to workout at all just amazes me..I have NO excuses! You are my idol, woman! 1 1/2 cookies is nothing!
Friday I did MM and nothing yesterday. Gonna try and get in some cardio today. I do much better during the week.
My goal is to eat as clean as possible!!!! I will post my daily food here! I want to get to and maintain at 115. This morning I weighed 117.2...so its doable!
Klaudia-you are sweet! you guys over at the clean eating check in motivate me..yall rock!!
Kara is stirring and Haley is wanting breakfast...dh has been gone hunting since Friday so its been a girls weekend. bbl

Thanks Klaudia!! :eek::eek: My inspiration? A closet full of clothes that don't even come close to fitting & that roll that is hanging over my c-section wound. LOL

Susan, do you plan your meals? I made a batch of my wholesome oat muffins (well five batches)....so I'll be eating them in the morning. I want to incorporate more protein powder into my diet. And of course, more veggies. I'm going to be staying away from the breads & pastas. I do have some low-carb wraps I will use for sammies & such.

Diet Goal today? NO cookies, 5 servings of veggies, 5 small meals ---including a mid-day strawberry smoothie, and lots of water!!

Exercise Goal: Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1 & Amy Bentos 10 minute solution (with bands)

I'm thinking about trying Cathe's low impact step? I have a bunch of sports bras coming soon....I can't really jump yet until i can get those girls under control!! LOL

Happy Sunday!!

Melanie- I love LIS. Its easy, not too long and really hits the spot for me! Its a good add on cardio for weight days. I do usually have an idea of what I will eat during the day. My goal is to eat at least 2 fruits and 3 veggies a day. I usually get more veggies, but that is my goal. I also plan on counting calories...16-1800 a day.
So far today:
1/2 cup whole grain cereal/banana
handful of pistachios/whole orange
Will have pea soup for lunch
not sure for dinner yet

I have a pot of the best split pea soup on now...that will be my lunch throughout the week....addicted to the stuff!

Im trying to decide on my workout schedule...I have STS Meso 1 that I might start. I like high rep/somewhat low weight workouts and this was suggested to me. I also have the new Jari Love and all the new Kelly Coffee workouts...so I need to figure out what to start with! I have been using MM for a few weeks now just to get started back.

KK is still asleep. She got up at 7..back down at 8 and its almost 11. I have gotten sooo much done this morning and spent some good time with Haley. SHes grunting so she'll be up soon!
bbl

I didn't get "up" until 9AM this morning. Madalynn is eating really well...and growing like crazy. Myranda is smaller, and doesn't seem to eat much....so I spent much of the night "kangeroo holding" her (bare skin to bare skin). Tomorrow I'll take her to the clinic in town for a weight check. The girls nurse at the same time during the day, but I've been separating them out at night until I gain more coordination!

B: wholesome oat muffin + mountain dew + coffee
S: handful of nuts + baby carrots
L: salad (greens plus hard boiled egg) + milk
S: strawberry smoothie w/ protein powder
D:chicken breast + brocolli + milk
S: tuna wrap

Water throughout the day.

Susan, do you have your Christmas shopping done? I just ordered the girls a infant playmat. The one I had somehow got all mildew-ie? They don't have a crib mobile either....do you have one you like? Other than that...I just got them soothies. LOL

Well, I have all my shopping done for Haley..and just ordered DH a flashlight he wants. I am wayyy behind this year. I got Kara some of the colored rings that go on the little thingie....know what I mean?lol and Im gonna get a few more things for her.
I havent gotten a mobile yet..so glad you reminded me!! She'll be in her crib sooner or later so I need one!

Wow! You guys are doing great! I am all for this check in too! Except I just had choc chip pancakes that DH made but I did have egg beaters! ;) I am not posting my meals yet though. I am doing fairly well on eating but not as well as ya'll.

I did Drill Max yesterday. Man, you know you are out of shape when the warm up feels hard! But once I got into it, it got better. I want to start STS soon but I need to get back into weight lifting for a few weeks. Going to do something today, just don't know what. It is such therapy for me to work out.

I agree Melanie that you are an inspiration to us! Once I get used to not having as many hours of sleep, I hope to have more energy like you do!

Hi Susan! So glad you are back with us again!!!

DH and I had a date night last night and went to a concert in town while grandma watched James. I was sad at first but then once we were out, we had a great time. It was sooo nice to get out and feel like a couple again and not parents. Make sense??

Jen, you did Drill Max? That's a tough workout!!! Maybe I'll try to conquer Low Impact Step?....We'll see.....I"m thinking of taking a nap too. LOL

well...some of it i still had to make low intensity. i did sts mesocycle 1 disc2 today w low weight just to try it out. i really liked it!

I did my first Cathe workout!! Low Max....premix 1-4 sections. It was good---sweat alot!! Thanks for encouragement ladies!!!

Oh, yes! I'm in. I need to be accountable :D

I just threw out 1/3 of a devil's food cake with fluffy white icingand a bunch of shortbread! It's a start, right?

Last edited:
Okay, now that I have 2 hands free for typing, I'm back ;)

For anyone interested in starting to journal, I found the Ultimate Diet Log at amazon.com for the bargain price of $5.98. It's by Cynthia Sass and Suzanne Schlosberg (sp?).

I keep playing with the same 12 pounds. But I'm happy that's all I have left to lose this time. Last pregnancy, it took me much longer to get to this point.

I haven't worked out in a week (yikes) but I've been doing a lot of Christmas shopping (and successfully avoiding the food court and the lure of the Cinnabon smell LOL).

Morning!
Hi Allison and Jen-so glad you guys are joining us! No workout yesterday...and eating was not stellar by any means (brownie batter). Then, at 11 last night I was sick as a dog...diareaha (sp) for an hour sorry TMI. I feel better now, but I was up nearly all night. I was hoping to start sts meso1 today..but not sure if I can put taht off feeling like this!
Eats will be clean today!! Kara is stirring and Haley needs to get dressed for school Be back Soon!

Hi ladies. I stayed on task pretty well, but had a total of 1.5 cans of Mt Dew & 1/2 Little Debbie Swiss Roll. :( Workout was Low Max 1-4.

Todays Plan:

B: oatmeal w/ protein powder & coffee
S: nuts & hard boiled egg
L: tuna wrap + veggies
S: smoothie
D: meatloaf & veggies?
S: popcorn

Water as often as I can, Workout will be some form of kickboxing

Depending on the temp outside, I plan to take Myranda to dr for hgb check & weigh-in. Also to bank to notorize the girls birth certificate paperwork & to the post office to mail packages.

My in laws are coming for part of the day today too---to meet the girls. Maybe I can take a nap then!!

Melanie-great meals for today! What type of protein powder do you use? Have never tried any, but have been thinking about giving it a try.
I just woke up from a power nap and feel much better! Gonna try and workout later on.
So far today
kashi/ banana

Susan, I use Vanilla Ice Cream flavored 100% Whey Gold Standard protein powder. I have chocolate too...but usually use vanilla. It's yummy!

I had TWO naps today. This AM right away, then early afternoon. In-laws didn't come b/c of bad ice-rain/snow...they won't be able to come now until April. It feels kinda weird to have two beautiful twin girls....and no family to visit them. I feel sad for my family, that they will miss out on their teeny weeny stage. Oh well.

Workout today was Cardio Coach Volume 1, challenges 1-2 only. Felt good. I didn't feel strong enough to conquer challenge 3. I'm hoping to be strong enough to start Insanity at 6 weeks postpartum.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.