Post Partum Week of Oct 20th

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hi Mommies!:)

I thought I would start this weeks thread since DS as me up bright and early today:) I got to sleep in yesterday and DH got up, but then I had to listen to how tired he was allllllll day! What is it with men? He as been working alot lately but for some reason I can't get him to go to bed at a sensible time.He wouldn't be so tired if he got a good nights sleep! Anyway...here to talk about my baby not my husband;)

Rylan is cutting more teeth. The nights when he is cutting teeth, he likes to wake around 3ish, not cranky, more like he thinks he is staying up for the day! Last night was a good night but then the alarm went off at the store so that woke us up and I stayed up until DH got back, just to find out that the internet had tripped, making the alarm go off.Good news...but my sleep was disturbed!

He also discovered the steps this week. Crawled up 3 of them with intentions of turning around and comming back down!:eek: Good thing I was behind him!

Back to work in 2 weeks:-( You know, a month ago I was ready to go back but I think he is more enjoyable now then he was a couple of monthes ago. Im not sure why but I had less patience then I do now so he must have been going through something when I said I was ready to return to work.I think I have myself prepared for it though and numerous visits to the babysitters should make DS prepared as well!

My workouts this week were o.k but the weather as been AWFUL! We are suppose to be getting lots of sun this week though so we should be able to get some running in!

Mon-55 mins run in the rain:-(
Tues-HST & 4 mile run
Wed-55 mins run in the rain and snow:-(
Thurs- 75 mins run
Fri- 10 Mile run
Sat-GS UB's

I think thats about it.

Stacey, I hate to say it but my clothes are to big! Ive been into my clothes since he was 4 monthes and I always had loads of jeans but when I was getting ready to go somewhere Fri night, I realized I only had a couple pairs of jeans that fit anymore. I will keep them of course b/c I could very well gain back the weight I have lost and settle back into 130. Its a nice complaint but not fun when you have to go out and buy new clothes. Good job on the workouts!!!

Cathy, I have heard that to about the weightloss. Something about once your body reached the 12 week mark in starts to let go of the fat. BUT I think that may only apply if you are nursing? Good luck either way...it as to come off if you eat properly and workout.My friends baby is 4 monthes old, she was stuck for a little while but finally dropped another 3 lbs...boy, what a difference! So Im sure you will see big changes even if its not on the scale.

Kristine, I hope you are enjoying your time with you mom! Any teeth yet? Are you still bf'ing? Im not sure how Im going to juggle work and everything else my life consist of but Im sure I will figure something out. I think Rylan will lover the sitters once he gets use it, its just going to be a big adjustment for the both of us.

Erin, good job on getting back into your jeans! HA! It doesn't matter how tight they are! LOL Just the fact that you got them on! haha I have two kids but there is such a age difference that I could still get good workouts in when he was a baby. If we have another I know things are going to be alot harder and that its going to be harder to get workouts in when there is a toddler in the house and a newborn.

Alright...hope I didn't miss anyone! HAve a good week!!!
Lori
:)

Hello ladies!
How is everyone? How are the babies doing?

Lori, so nice to hear from you:) Can't believe it's only 2 weeks until you are back to work, it seems like yesterday we just had our babies, eh? Crazy! I hope the transition is a smooth one for you and that's great you've been taking Rylan to the sitter to help with the adjustment. Uh oh, the stairs! Ryan has also discovered ours and can go up very quickly and thinks he can go down, but of course he can't yet! He also is starting to stand unsupported for just a few seconds, I wonder if he will be an early walker? Hard to say. So great that your weight loss has been successful and now you have an excuse to go shopping for more clothes;) Very cool.

I'm still hanging in at my prepreggo weight and feeling SO much stronger physically. Still need to work on the old abs, poor things have been through a lot with 3 kids!! I have been doing more core work and I think I can get them looking better but it will probably take some time (and of course lots of clean eating...hard around the holidays). I'm feeling good about my workouts last week, they weren't all super intense, but I was very consistent and managed to move a little almost every day. My goal is 5-6 days of workouts each week. Here's what I managed:

Monday – Rest Day
Tuesday – Cathe Low Impact Step (40min)
Wednesday – Cathe Upper Body Sculpt (20min)
Thursday – Crunch Superslimdown (Yoga/Pilates-40min)
Friday – Cathe Low Max Intervals 1-4 (45min)
Saturday – Outdoor Walk (30min)
Sunday – Outdoor Walk (20min)

I REALLY like the Low Max dvd, and especially the premix for intervals 1-4. I'm pretty excited to add a couple of new Cathe's to my little collection once Christmas rolls around.

Have a great week everyone. Good luck with all of your weight loss/exercise/eating goals. And of course, hope you all get some sleep too.

Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Hi, ladies. I hope you are doing well, and that your little ones are doing great, too. I can't recall if I missed last week's check in or not, but if so, I am sorry to have been away. Having a baby around again leaves little time for the computer!

Lori, I must say I totally sympathize with your comments about your DH. My husband always complains about how tired he is, yet he stays up late watching TV or sports. I tend to have little patience for his complaints, since I am always reminding him to go to bed earlier. Granted some nights he is up late working (he has a second, at-home job), so I can't complain too much. Anyway, I know where you are coming from, Lori!

Stacey, your workouts are looking great. You should definitely take advantage of the cooler, fall weather and take more walks. We will soon be restricted to indoor workouts only, when winter gets here. I should take more walks or dust off my bike, but I tend to workout at home. It's just easier than dragging the baby out.

This week is half over already, but I have managed to get some good workouts in. Here is what I have been doing:

Sunday- Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing (65 min. premix)
Monday- Cathe's NEW Kickbox/Legs/Core workout (great workout, but cardio too short)
Tuesday- Cathe's NEW Bootcamp/Biceps/Triceps workout (ultra challenging)
Today- Cathe's NEW Lower Intensity Step/Shoulders/Core workout (very fun, great abs)

As you can tell, I am busy trying my new Cathe DVDs. They have been enjoyable so far. I have never done a 4 day split series before and have had to get used to the shorter cardios. They don't seem long enough, but when you add in the heavy weight training you do get a good workout. Tomorrow I will try the High Intensity Step w/Chest & Back.

I have no idea where I am in the weight loss. I don't own a scale and have not been near one to weigh myself. I think my clothes are fitting a bit looser, though. I am happy right now to just enjoy my exercise and try to eat cleaner (which is always a struggle). I hope to have slow, steady success at losing this weight.

Take care everyone! :)

Erin

Jeremy born 8/8/07
Ethan born 10/12/02

Hi mommies,

Sorry for my ultra late check in, but my mom was here (she left today), so I was busy spending time with her. I am really sad now that she is gone again. We had such a wonderful time and it was the first time she has visit us here. I thought it would be easier for me this time, because I am not the one leaving, but I think it is actually harder because I don't have anything to look forward to (like seeing my DH). Anyway, we already see them again in 6 weeks, so I better pick myself up and be happy again. ;-)

Here are my workouts from last week:

Mon: Kick Max "Cardio Leg Sculpt" Premix (52 Min) PLUS Core Max "Balanced Core" (22 Min)

Tues: BM2 "Cardio Blast" Premix (62 Min)

Wed: Legs & Glutes "Legs & Glutes Xtreme" Premix (79 Min)

Thurs: Supersets/Push pull "Upper Body 3 Sets" Premix #18 (65 Min)

Fri: KPC "Cardio Conditioning" Premix (37 min) PLUS KPC Stability Ball Abs and Stretch (12.5 Min)

Sat: Cardio & Weights "Cardio and Compound Weights Only" Premix (48 Min)

Sun: OFF

Lori - Oh no, only 2 more weeks :(. I feel for you, but I am sure that you and Ryan get in a good routing in no time. Guess what, Heidi has one bottom tooth since last Thursday :D :7. I was already thinking that she was teething because she started to drool a little bit and she was a little grumpy during the day, which she never is and she did attack things with her mouth. So today she started being like this again, so I am thinking that the other tooth will be here shortly as well ;-) .

Stacey - Heidi is standing free for a couple seconds as well, so I was thinking an early walker as well, maybe by Christmas. She has a Pampers box she plays with and she pushes it and walks behind it :eek: , so we will see.

Erin - Great workouts! Looks like you are really enjoying the new workouts. I only previewed the Lower and Higher Intensity DVD, still have to watch the other one. I still have 1 1/2 weeks left of a rotation and after that I will try the new workouts. Can't wait!!!

Ok ladies, bought Heidi a new car seat which arrived today, so I better help DH mount it into the truck. Heidi and I will test drive it tomorrow :D .

Kristine :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.