Post Partum Check Oct. 15

Chrissysu

Cathlete
Hi, ladies,

How'd the weekend go? I was thinking, I'm still not really on any sort of workout schedule, BUT I feel like I'm working out every day because I'm constantly running up and down the stairs to get things for Ella - or I'm walking around while I eat (which I know is bad, but that's how busy baby has been making me).

Anyway, I keep waiting for the night that she sleeps longer. Right now, the longest stretch of sleep she is giving me is about 3 hours, and that is at the beginning of the night. Then she goes about every 2 hours for the rest of the night/day.

When did your babies start sleeping through the night (or did/have they?)?

I think Ella going through her 6 week growth spurt now. Today she is wanting to eat every hour again, so now I know I just have to tough it out. It seemed to last a couple days last time.

Anyway, let me know what's up with all of you!

Chrissy

Hi Mommies:)

Everything here is go'in good. This weeks plans are to get Rylan to the babysitter for some visits so that he can get use to her. Im sure there won't be any problems but it will be alot easier on me when I know he is o.k with where he is to. I won't be the one dropping him off and picking him up either...it will be DH. I go to work at 8 and we can't drop him off that early!

My workouts were good last week but not as crazy as some weeks. I took a couple of rest days but the scale is now 123:) I really like my weight here, I can wear anything in my closet!
Mon-Scrammbled eggs/GS Shoul and Bic
Tues-Off
Wed- 55 Min runs
Thurs-75 mins run and PH
Fri:10 Mile run
Sat:MM

Chrissy, I remember the days of no sleep! It was hard! But its amazing what our bodies have to go through and can do it. Rylan started sleeping through the night when he was 4 monthes, the same night we moved him out into his own room! I kept telling DH that he had to go but he wanted him in the room with us....obviously DH wasn't the one being woken up! Anyway...as soon as we put him out in his own room he slept through the night. As for my DD who is 11, she didn't sleep through the night until she was 5! haha I was young when I had her and always put her in the bed with me and she got use to that.

Alright, have a good week everyone! I uploaded a new pic of Rylan as well!

Lori:)

Morning! How is everyone?

Things are good here, weather is finally Fall-like and beautiful. I was able to get 4 workouts in last week and should be able to get 5 in this week (my goal is 5 each week). I had my brother visiting from out of town this weekend so took a break to spend time with him. Here's what I did:

Monday – Elliptical Intervals (30min)
Tuesday – Crunch Superslimdown (Yoga/Pilates-40min)
Wednesday – Cathe Low Max (45min)
Thursday – Cathe Total Body Sculpt (30min)
Friday – Rest Day
Saturday – Rest Day
Sunday – Rest Day

Chrissy, hang in there with the sleeping and I had a similar experience to Lori with getting Ryan to sleep through the night. I put all my kids in the crib when they were several weeks old (out of our room) and had great success getting them to sleep through the night. Ryan and Emma were about 4 months old when they started sleeping through. With my first, it took longer because I went and picked him up every time I heard him cry and didn't let him settle himself back down. Interstingly, Ryan is going through a phase the past two weeks where he wakes up once a night and just wants to be held and really doesn't eat anything at all. So, I think he just wants mommy and I'm going to let him cry it out so he can learn to settle himself back down. He got into this pattern after being sick with and ear infection and he was up frequently. Guess he just got of his normal sleep through the night pattern and I have to get him back to that. Just goes to show you that babies can definitely go through phases of waking up at night even after they had been sleeping through.

Okay, sorry to ramble on! Lori, looks like your workouts were great last week and that's awesome about all your clothes fitting again! Mine finally fit again too:) It's a great feeling for sure. Okay, off to get in a workout. Have a great day everyone.
Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Hello everyone!

Last week was so-so, but not too bad:

M- Off
T-Ran 50 min. & some ab stuff
W-Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and another lower body tape
Th-Ran 60 min.
Fri-Off
Sat-Callanetics
Sun-Ran 45 min. @ the gym, had a meltdown, had to go home.

As I mentioned, or bemoaned rather, I left the hospital 16 weeks ago at 157. (Pre-preg 135.) The scale wasn't budging even with consistant exercise, healthy eating and keeping track of it in an online journal. I didn't weigh myself for the last two months because I didn't want to get discouraged with this strangely slow weight loss. I weighed myself on Sun. ONLY because I have to go to the dr. today and I didn't want to have scale shock. 153. Better than nothing, but grrrrrrrrr!!! What on earth?! 4 pounds in 16 weeks? How is this even possible? I don't understand it. I've never struggled over something where I put in so much effort. My only hope is that I've heard the 3-mo. pp period can be stagnant and maybe, just MAYBE, now I will start to see some progress. I hope. I don't know what else to do. :( I feel better and lighter than I actually weigh, so I am trying to be positive about that.
My mood is about at an all-time low, and the shorter days and darkness aren't going to help.

Chrissy: I replied to another post of yours. My son has been sleeping for very long stretches since he was about 6 weeks old. I know I am fortunate. We moved him into his crib at about 1 week old. The pediatrician said that helped a lot. I think when they start eating more they do much better because it holds them. My baby was chowing DOWN at 6 weeks! :) Good luck.

Have a GREAT week girls!

Toodle-loo,
Cathy

Hi ladies,

Looks like everyone is doing some great workouts, great job keep it up mommies!

Here are my workouts from last week, I started the May 07 rotation, the one with all the premixes and so far, I really like it. Sure hope to see some results.

Mon - off
Tue - Drill Max "Cardio & All Upper Body" Premix (60 Min)
Wed - Kick Max "Low Impact Kickbox" Premix (58 Min)
Thu - LIC "Cardio Blast Timesaver" (48 min) PLUS Core Max "Complete Core" Premix (21 min)
Fri - B&G "Overall Legs" Premix (65 Min)
Sat - BM2 "Double Upper Body" Premix (72 Min)
Sun - Low Impact Step "Lower Body Cardio Blast" Premix (49 Min)

So I think Heidi is finally teething, she is eating a lot less than she used to, she attacks things with her mouth sometimes and just seems a little bit off sometimes, oh and you can feel them being right there. Maybe we might finally get some teeth, hooray!!! :7
She still sleeps great at night, so I cross my fingers that that'll stay this way ;-) .

Chrissy - Yes, Heidi started sleeping like 6 hours stretches at night when she was 6 weeks old and started to sleep 8-10 hours when she was 3 months old. I moved her to her crib when she was about 6 weeks old and looks like everyone says, that's then they start to sleep longer.

Lori - Wow, good job on the weight. Oh, not much longer and you have to go back to work :( . Good idea with having your babysitter watch Rylan a couple of times, so he gets used to her.

Stacey - I saw that you got Lowmax, that is such a great workout!!!

Cathy - Don't get too frustrated, I was or still kinda am in the same boat as you about the weight loss. You are doing the best you can, so keep up the good work and be proud of yourself, getting back in shape. For me it takes a long time as well to lose all the weight, but I can see changes, but not as fast as I wanted to. I also breastfed until Heidi was 9 months old and I think my body held on to the extra fat for her. Now, that I am done breastfeeding, I am sure hoping to return to my pre-pregnancy weight a little faster. Everyone is different, some loose it fast and some take a little longer, but those little babies are well worth it!

Ok, ladies, gotta finish a couple of things, my mom is coming tomorrow, yipee!

Kristine :)

Hi Kristine,

Your workout was great this week!

I hear you on the breastfeeding and I think you will see changes. I breastfed for a few months (I had numerous complications and had to stop) and during that time, I didn't lose even one ounce. So much for bf'ing helping you lose weight. Not for me, and not for some other ladies I know.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! The dr. and nurse were telling me how great I am doing and not to worry. I look thinner than I am, thankfully, and they couldn't get over my concern until I got on the scale. I am lucky to be an optical illusion!! :) If only I could get out of maternity pants. One day soon... I hope.

Enjoy your time with your mom!

Cathy

ALL: Glad to see everyone loves Low Max! It's probably my favorite.

Good morning!

Kristine, hello and awesome workouts last week!! Sorry to hear Heidi's teeth are giving her trouble. Hope they come in soon:) Also, have a great visit with your mom.

Cathy, I know I sound like a broken record, but I really believe the weight will start coming off so hang in there and don't give up!! Sounds like your doctor's visit was encouraging as well.

Totally love Low Max!! I'm happy because I now have a very small Cathe collection (just started with her workouts about a year ago). Next on my list (asking for Christmas) are Low Impact Circuit and Body Max II.

Ryan slept through the night last night like a champ and seems to be getting back on track with the sleeping since he's gotten over the ear infection. So nice for me to feel more rested too;)

Have a great Wed everyone!

Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Stacey,

*I* am the broken record, talking about it--it's just frustrating to be one of the more active people around and struggle with very slow weight loss. I appreciate everyone's encouragement and hope my stories will help anyone else in my situation who is stumbling across these posts. I always leave the forum feeling very positve and charged!

My OB is AWESOME. She is the nicest, hippest, funniest, (insert other superlatives!) woman around. She had a baby two weeks before I did. She is fit and active and is struggling as much as I am. She said sometimes the body just changes hormonally, etc. and all the effort doesn't always pay off in a few months like it did pre-pregnancy. Hopefully that's encouraging to any women reading these posts.

Glad to read Ryan is doing well.

I borrowed Body Max II once, it was good.

Au revior!
Cathy

Hi all. I am glad to see everyone is getting some exercise in. I think we should all be very proud. It's not easy to be a mom and take care of ourselves at the same time!

Chrissy, I hope Ella is sleeping a bit longer now. Jeremy sleeps for 4-5 hours at a stretch at night, but is still typically up very late (i.e. 11pm or later). But last night, I got him to sleep earlier (10:15)- yay! However, he woke up twice to feed then. I can't win for losing, it seems. If I remember correctly, our older son was nearly 6 months old before he finally started sleeping through the night. But he was a premmie and things never went very smoothly with him, so that may have been a factor.

Cathy, don't feel bad about your slow weight loss. If people are complimenting you, then you must look great. I think sometimes we worry too much about what the scale says and how our clothes fit. I am trying to give myself more credit for having given birth to two kids and my body will just be a bit different. As long as you keep eating right (most of the time anyway) and exercising, I am sure the weight will come off eventually.

Kristine, Stacey, and Lori, awesome job on your workouts. Keep up the good work!

I am proud to say I got into a pair of my pre-pregnancy pants this week. Yippee! They were kind of tight, but I survived. I think I am seeing some slow changes now, which is encouraging. I have got some good workouts in since I last checked in. I think the last time I posted was last Wednesday, so here's what I have done since then:

Thursday- Patrick Goudeau's Having a Ball with ABC
Friday- Rest Day
Saturday- Mindy Mylrea's Kick Butt Boot Camp
Sunday- 60 min walk/jog
Monday- Rest Day
Tuesday- BC
Wednesday- Mindy Mylrea's Awesome Intervals
Today- Donna Read's Hi Lo to the Max + Core

I survived my oldest son's 5th birthday party on Saturday. He had a blast and was so happy to have all that attention. He got a new scooter and is using it every day, even in the rain! Unfortunately, my weekend turned quite bad on Sunday when my grandfather passed away. He had been ill since May, so it wasn't entirely unexpected. But it is still very hard. The service is tonight and I just finished writing the speech for it.

Well, baby Jeremy is crying, so I must go. Take care, everyone. And keep up the great work. :)

Erin

Jeremy born 8/8/07
Ethan born 10/12/02

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.