Post partum check-in Feb 4th

melanalyus

Cathlete
It's difficult to belive it's February already. I"m 10wks ppd & only have 2 weeks of maternity leave. :( Little Jadon is still so tiny, and I'm beginning to get sad...so I rarely set him down. I carry him and stare at him all day long. I even cuddle him in my arms at night. I did the same with Justin too. Jadon has finally took his first feeding from a bottle this week. I'm continuing to pump & store as my body gets ready for work. I love my job, so part of me is anxious to get back to work too. Uhm. The joys of being a teary eyed working mother. ;)

S: TJ Cardio Mix 1 + Turbo Sculpt
M: Kickbox Circuit (janis saffell)
T: SPC
W: RS
R: Kickbox + Strength Circuit + Abs Premix
F: Imax 3 + Ab Jam floor
S: Viper

I lost another 2lbs, although I wasn't working at it too hard.

~Maggie. Back to your workouts already? You're more inpatient than me!

~Kristan. How was your eating this week? I had a couple bowls of chocolate ice cream this week. :( I"m glad your milk supply is so abundant...what a blessing!

~Gracenote. Great workout, especially since you're back to work and pumping. Wow. You must have amazing energy. Are you pumping extra on your days off to provide for work week?

~Sunny. I"m sure you're doing great! How's little Jaden's cold? My Justin has one...I'm hoping Jadon won't get it. I miss our daily check-ins ;)

~JulieL. Did you get a new weight machine? Do you have an elliptical machine too? I'm envious. ;)

~Kristi. It sounds like you're doing great w/weight loss. I find that cardio works best for me when losing weight, or at least a circuit workout of somesort. Are you a runner? You can burn a bundle of calories in 30 minutes running. It's so tough when we're on a limited timeframe. I find that it takes me a long time to make my "healthy" meals too.

~momofthree. You're not alone here! Many of us have three kids...except Maggie she's got six (such a show off). ;) I had a CSection and slowly began to workout at 3 weeks. I had so much weight to lose...and I couldn't just sit back. That's my personality though...and doesn't necessarily mean that's what you should do. Listen to your body!!! I didn't do abdominal's until 6 weeks. How tall are you? 113 is such a small number (for my 5'8" frame).

~Fiddlefit. 350 pages? YUK!! And I complained about MY thesis! You certainly had an amazing week. Good job!

~Briee. You are what, 2 YEARS ppd? I know you envy us & our teeny babies, so continue to join us. Hee Hee. I'll let you know how the seseame seed balls turn out this week. :D :D

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

**Melanie**
30bs lost 3lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Well, I'm joining the check in although I haven't started working out yet. Yesterday I took all three kids to the zoo and walked around with the baby in the baby bjorn, and that's the most I've done. I'm planning on starting this coming week though.

Melanie- that's too bad that your maternity leave is almost over. There's nothing wrong with cuddling and holding him all day. The newborn stage is over so fast! This is my last baby and I've been holding her a lot and just enjoying it so much, not worrying about getting things done around the house.

Courtney

Theron (5-11-00)
Aidan (11-19-01)
Karina (1-14-06)

about 20 lbs to lose

Hi!

My week:

MON SH Chest; Step Blast; CoreMax 3
TUES SH Back; IMAX3
WEDS SH Biceps; SH Legs; SH Triceps & abs
THURS SH Shoulders; Low Impact Step (on 8"); CoreMax 1
FRI KickMax
SAT HSTA premixes: w/u; cardio blasts; cardio & lower body; cardio & upper body; stretch
SUN Rest

Melanie - Great workouts last week! Imax3 and Viper on consecutive days is impressive! I'm so sorry you only have two more weeks of maternity leave :( I can't imagine tearing myself away from my little one so early on. My thesis is now closer to 300 pages! I did some serious editing this week :eek: And I agree; it's a tedious 300 pages. My plan is to hit it hard until the end of February and finally get it into shape to send out to my whole committee. It was nice to see you on the daily check-in yesterday!

Courtney - welcome to the pp check in! Walking around a zoo with a baby in the Bjorn is a nice workout in itself. I did the vaccuuming last night, including moving furniture, with my 15lb daughter in the Baby Bjorn, and could really feel it. She loves that thing. She gets her feet kicking really hard, like she's trying to run. Too adorable. When are you planning to pick up your Cathe workouts again?

Hello to everyone else who will be posting! I look forward to hearing about your week.

Sandra

Good morning. I liked Cathe's rotation idea for February, so I am going to try to apply that to each week. I also upgraded our YMCA membership to metro so I can take the kids to a kid friendly YMCA with a NURSERY (!) so I can work out. The Y I usually use is geared toward downtown office workers, so no kid stuff (and it was built in the 1800's). My husband is so busy and out of town that the $20 upgrade made sense. With him out of town, I am cooking more stuff that I like that he doesn't: fish and salads.

Melanie- my eating habits are terrible- too much sugary stuff and not enough stuff like yogurt and fruit. I'm trying to be better. Going to work actually helps. I bring my own snacks because I'm too cheap to buy from the vending machines. Congratulations to you on your great results. Quite impressive. What are these turbojams?

Sandra- Gussie is about 15 pounds, and I can attest that him in the Bjorn is like a workout! Your thesis will probably permanently haunt you. I still have law school nightmares-- wake up thinking I've forgotten to go to a class for a semester.

Julie- are you still creaky? At least we've had some lovely weather to get outside.

MAggie- we're thinking about 4 kids. I'm 35, so I kind of want to get going sooner rather than later. How is the leap from 3 to 4 kids?

Here was my week:
Sunday: 3 mile run
Monday: long walk, cardio toolbox sporty step, body bar express weight workout
Tuesday: gym 45 minutes
Weds: IMAX 2, BS lower body add on and stability ball 'abs' (my 'abs' are shot)
Thursday: nothing, but did ice skate for 45 minutes, carrying a kid or so most of the time
Friday: Bootcamp cardio and upper body, toolbox kick/step, timesaver #4 (KPC parts)
Saturday: IMAX 3 blast mania, bootcamp lower body and abs

Today I may run, or do pilates, or go to Target. I haven't decided.

Kristan

Hi ladies--

Melanie--congrats on your weight--you are almost there.

Sandra--I am so envious of your workouts. I can't wait for intense cardio and lifting for strength. I love the slow/heavy series.

Courtney--welcome--walking with a baby is definitely exercise, so consider yourself already started:)

Kristan--going from 3 to 4 was not bad at all.It was more complicated for us than most, because our 4th baby had to stay in NICU for a month and was tube fed for a year. Don't let that scare you from having a 4th, because complications such as what we experienced are very rare. Even so, I thought the hardest transition was going from 1 to 2, because they were both so dependent on me and there were no older kiddos around to help.

My workout week: (my workout weeks go from fri to thurs, so that's what I'll post)
Fri: Basic Step+add on abs
Sat: Upper, lower add ons (from BS/BF)--using heavier weights
Sun: LIS
Mon: TBC--using heavier weights
Tues:Stationary bike for 45 min
Wed: Body Fusion--using heavier weights, moved up to 6" step+add on abs
Thurs: rest

I am starting my SS/PP rotation, which is the next step up.

Evangeline is waking up more and is more fussy than those first couple of weeks. She's not the mellowest baby nor the fussiest, but about right in the middle. We are enjoying her smallness soooo much.

I look forward to hearing from the rest of you.

Maggie:)

Hi ladies!!

Melanie- you continue to amaze me. I miss our check-in also.

Kristan- when i am desperate i will walk on the treadmill with jaden in his snugglie. just to make sure i get in some type of exercise. kristin tj are the new turbo jam workouts checkout www.turbojam.com. they are awesome!! i can't wait for the new ones.

This weeks workouts:
sunday-lowmax
monday- treadmill- 30 min
tues-turbo jam cardio party 1
wednesday-firm-total body sculpt
thurs-elliptical 45 min
friday-step, pump & jump

this week i am sad to report the scale didn't budge:( . i believe i hit a plateu. so sat. i had an all out cheat day:p , didn't exercise. sunday i made a new rotation, revamped my diet and am ready to blast away these last 11 lbs. The good news is i dropped 2% bf since last month!!!

i am so proud of us all, on our continuing dedication to fitness and overall healthy lifestyle.

Hi ladies! It is hard to believe that it is February! I will be 5 weeks postpartum on Thursday. I did some walking with my kids this weekend and we played ball outside, but that is about it. I plan on walking on my treadmill and doing some light weights this week. I am going to my doctor this Friday. Congrats to everyone for all your progress this past week! Hope you all have a blessed day!

Tara
27lbs lost 17lbs to get to pre-pregnancy weight
10 more pounds to get to desired weight

I ended up having a decent week with a total of 4 hours working out, but had to pack it in, in three days:

Monday: nothing

Tuesday: 40 mins lower body weight machines at gym + lunges, etc, 20 min speed walking on level 9 incline, 5 min abs

Weds-Friday: nothing

Saturday: 1 hour pyramid upper body at gym, 30 min elliptical

Sunday: 50 min lower body weights + lunges, squats, etc; abs 5 min or so ; 35 min elliptical

I'm trying a new routine where the emphasis is moderate weights and high reps, anding more cardio. So that's what I'm trying to do. Hopefully I'll get that 1/2 off my thighs that needs to go away. I went to a store to get a skirt and man it had BAD BAD BAD lighting. My cellulite is worse I than before pregnant even though I didn't gain a whole lot of weight. It really makes me want to cry, but instead I'm gonna try may darned to sweat it off :* . I hate that my body collects it's fat in one of the worst places, and hardest to hide (summer time, swimming and so forth). I had gotten it down pretty good prepregnancy, so I'm hoping to get there again - but not sure if my body will budge there while I'm nursing. And to frustrate me more, my weight is less than prepregnancy but I look worse, guess I have some muscle mass to gain still. Sigh... sometimes it feels like all this work isn't doing what I want. Ok I'm off my box... ;) How are all of you?

Melanie ~ no, x( , wish I did! I have a gym membership, but if I had the money and space it would be the cardio piece of machinery that I would pick hands down!

Kristan ~ yes the weather has been nice, though not to many days warm enough w/out high winds to take DD out running (I mean if it's brisk for me, how would she feel?) - I'm really looking forward to when it is! Yes I"m still creaky, hopefully that will go away. I plan on quitting the elliptical in March and replacing it with running, so hopefully by then it won't impact my running.

Sandra ~ how many weeks of S&H have you done? Seeing any results yet? I'm SOOO wanting that workout!

Maggie ~ have fun with your SS/PP rotation: I don't have that one, but hear it's a good one

Sunnydelite ~ Don't despare those 11 lbs WILL come off - your dedication will have a pay off this summer! Plus if you are breastfeeding, when DS is on solids it will allow you to pull off a little more weight as well (or could depending on your body type)

Tara ~ isn't it GREAT to see that 6 wk postpartum milestone! Good luck with your workouts!

Sandra- They do love their carriers! So far Karina just sleeps when she's in it. How old is your daughter? I plan on starting up with Cathe workouts this week, but probably just one or two easy cardio sessions.

Maggie- Evangeline is a really pretty name. I am totally enjoying Karina's smallness too. They are so sweet when they are this little! She's pretty mellow too, unless she has gas. She wakes up a lot at night still.

Wow, you all manage to get in a lot of good workouts!

Courtney

Hello Ladies! This week went really well. I met all of my goals this week - exercising at least 3 days & drinking more water. I lost another pound and even exercised 4 days.

Monday - LoMax w/u, interval 1 & 2 and c/d
Tuesday - first Coremax section & 1 set of 30 reps each squats, plie squats, & lunges
Wednesday - IMAX3 w/u 1st 5 intervals & c/d
Friday - LoMax w/u, Intervals 1,2,&3 & c/d

I preordered the Hardcores and have had them in my possession for over a year and have barely used any of them. Right now I am in love with LoMax but have not been able to get past interval 3 due to time constraints. Hopefully I'll be able to do the whole workout in one session soon.

I had to pick DD up from daycare on Wednesday and take her to the doctor. She has another ear infection and was sick all day Thursday. Her temperature spiked at 102.5 degrees Wednesday night and I was up the majority of the night and day with her. For some odd reason even with her taking tylenol every 4 hours her fever would not break and DD would not sleep.

On a different note, it has been 3 weeks since DD's 4 month check-up and can you believe she has gained another pound and 2 ozs? She is 6 ozs shy of being 18 pounds.

My best thing to report this week is my measurement results from this past month. So far I have lost 10 pounds and 11.5 inches, with 3.5 inches coming from my hips and 2.5 inches from my waist. This month I hope to lose even more from my waist, hips, & thighs.

Hi everyone,

My six week checkup is tomorrow. Since I had a c-section, I was supposed to wait for the green light from my OB before resuming workouts. I went ahead anyway and tried working out last week. Here's what I managed to do in between feedings and fussiness:

Sun: 5 minutes treadmill, 5 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes stationary bike, all while wearing Derek in the detested Snugli (the Baby Bjorn is on its way)
Mon: Nothing - painter was working at my home, so I needed to stay with the baby at the in-laws' home
Tue: same as Monday
Wed: 3.4 mile walk
Thu: Total Body Sculpting, SJP Hi/Lo add-on
Fri: Cardio Toolbox - Sporty Step, then sat through an hour-long breastfeeding session. Did that last part count? ;-) :+
Sat: 3 mile run

I love reading about everyones' workouts and how everyone manages their time. I am going to go back to work next month and will be enrolling my son in daycare. I wish I could be a stay at home mom, but that's not in the cards for us right now.

Kristi, sorry to hear about dd's ear infection. hopefully as i write this she is feeling better.
congratulations on your weight and inches loss!! sounds like you are back on track.
i too absolutely love lomax. it's my favorite workout:)

You guys are doing SOOOOO well with your workouts and little babies which don't always mix!!! Keep it up!!!

Mel....wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong,....I walked into Bible Study on Friday and one of the ladies was holding a 1 year old sweet little girl for a friend and she was quietly sleeping in her arms and one of the other moms said..."oh I miss that sweet cuddly stage, they are so cute". I walked in after her saying..."I DON'T, NOT ME, NOT YET, NOT until my two year old sleeps at night, I refuse to succumb to this "isn't the baby cute" pressure, nope nope nope - no babies yet". :7 :7 :7 They know how I can be somewhat sarcastic - LOL!! Okay...I am a tad envious of you guys, BUT only during the day!!! I like sleep as much as you Mel. The "feeling's" gonna hit me any day though I just know it!

I was working out with our Tuesday night ladies doing power hour and one of the ladies commented that she likes how Cathe looks in PH as opposed to how she looks in the GS workouts. This lady had the nerve to say she didn't like Cathe's big veins and hard looking muscles, she'd rather have the TONED look. IMAGINE SAYING THIS TO ME, the original "bicep vein covetor". I almost told her to "get out". But I handled it calmly....Breath one, two, three, four. Phew. Oh my. So can you guys tell I've had too much coffee this after noon??? You guys are doing so great ppd!! Maggie...throw that scale out - I am going to come to your home and do it for you soon!! You JUST had a baby girl, remember those plateau's and know that they will pass!!! Hug those babies and have a great week everyone!!!!!!

Briee

I'm logging in so late this week! It's been nuts, as usual :) I live near Pittsburgh, so the Superbowl mania has been taking over, between extra events at daycare, work and clients rescheduling appt's, I feel like I've completely lost my grip - not that it was all that tight to begin with :) :) :) :)

Last week, not so great:
Sunday – Power Max
Monday – Circuit Max
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday –furnace man came and checked us out for our new furnace – took over two hours, so there wasn’t time for a workout
Thursday – Step and Intervals
Friday – nothing
Saturday – Spent the day running around with G.

They're going to install the new furnace Friday – kind of stinks that we’re getting a nice one (with a humidifier) just when we might be moving. I’d really like to enjoy it a little more, for all the money it costs! :p

Melanie – It’s so hard to go back to work after spending those wonderful days at home with a newborn…I’m getting weepy on your behalf! I am soooo impressed by your fast weightloss, though! 10 weeks pp and you only have 3 pounds to go!!! I’m sure it’s all those fantastic workout weeks. Just color me proud to know you and jealous at the same time!!!

Sandra – you’re another one with workout weeks that make me ashamed to post!! I read about all you’re doing and that just makes me that much more determined to try harder… Good luck with your thesis!

Courtney – Welcome! Walking at the zoo sounds like a lot of fun – certainly has a better view than my treadmill!

Kristan – Fantastic workouts! And sounds like a great deal with the Y! We signed up so DD could take swimming and hoped to use it ourselves because they advertised the nursery benefits, but the childcare hours are set up more for SAHM’s (mid-mornings, early afternoons, etc.) so it’s not helping me, yet. I do love the facilities, though – kind of taunting me with the beautiful elpiticals, treads, and the music from the aerobic room…

Maggie – Can’t believe you JUST had a baby with those workouts…

Sunny – You are doing so great! BF loss is waaaay more important than the numbers on the scale. I’ll be checking out those TJ’s, but may have to wait for ebay or something…this board has been really tough on my budget!!

Adrienne and Tara – Hope the dr’s visits go well.

Kristi – So sorry to hear about the ear infect. DD#1 used to get them frequently – it’s so sad when they’re so sick and in pain. How many of these has she had so far?

Briee – you crack me up so much!

If I missed anyone, sorry! I hope the week is going well for all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.