Please help me

val92083

Cathlete
Hi...

I am in desperate need of suggestions as to a good videotape to buy for meditation. My world is crumbling around me, and I am feeling very anxious and overwhelmed. My therapist wants me to replace some of the time I spend working out (which became an obsession) with meditation and deep breathing. She wants me to find balance in my life. God knows I need it. I know there have been yoga threads in the past, but honestly, I don't have the emotional energy to do a search. If anyone can suggest a tape, I would be most grateful!

She also suggested Paxil, but I've read that thread too, and am terrified of it. I will try behavior modification and meditation, and pray that that will be enough to help me.

Thanks...

Veronica

Thanks Colette! Great websites!

I just cannot imagine that I will ever be able to be still for even 15 minutes to meditate. This inability to just relax and do nothing has contributed to the failure of my marriage, which hit me like a ton of bricks. My husband wants out, isn't "in love" with me anymore, and since I am obsessive and anxious anyway when things are normal, I fear that I will spin out of control unless I a handle on these problems.

Veronica

I just read your message...I am so sorry your life is upside down right now and I hope you can relax with the Yoga!!!! Keep your head up as this too shall pass! Just wanted you to know someone was thinking of you!

Hi Veronica,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are very courageous to spend time and effort on yourself with a therapist. Yoga and meditation are great to calm and center oneself. I know that they help me when life becomes stressful and overwhelming. Some great books are Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach and The Four Agreements by Don Manuel Ruiz. Also, there is a Yoga Library on ebay right now!
Hope this helps!
Take good care of yourself!
Let us know how you are doing!
Blessings :)

Yes!

My thoughts & prayers are with you also! Take time to just breathe deep and know that things WILL get better. Have you ever done Yoga before? I started out with "Yoga for Dummies" which is available at Sam's Club & B.J.'s Wholesale. It has about 10 basic moves and the last one, I fell asleep on!! Now, that's relaxing. But, like I said, it's a starter tape. She does talk quite a bit in it, but has a VERY calming and relaxing voice. Keep us posted.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: One more!

Oh, and they have it in DVD format too, i think it is 14.99

Val, I hope you can find your center. I understand cuz I have lots of trouble sitting still and i'm sort of border line obsessive. I really have to push those repetitive thoughts out of my mind (not easy) I think that you are taking the right approach, looking in to yoga. There are 3 LA tapes (it is also on dvd) that are only 20 minutes. am yoga, pm yoga and stress release yoga. Best Buys in my area carries the tape but not the dvd. I've also seen the tapes at target and wal-mart. They are not entirely meditating - only a few minutes near the end, but the stretching is really very relaxing.

good thoughts going your way,
-joy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.