Please evaluate my day!

Cbelle

Cathlete
Exercise: Cardio (30 mins - 1 hr depending), plus MIS/PH/LLA (T, TH, Sat), plus power yoga (30 min- 1 hr on non weight lifting days)

Diet: Breakfast, cereal (usually Cranberry Almond Crunch or Honey Bunches of Oats with strawberries) and skim milk

Midmorning snack : yogurt
Lunch : Ham, turkey or roast beef sandwich with lowfat cheese on whole wheat bread and mustard with fruit
Midafternoon snack : string cheese or a little peanut butter on whole wheat bread and fruit
Dinner : chicken or lean steak, veggies, potato or brown rice (If too busy, Lean Cuisine and fruit)
Occasional night snack of : Edys All Fruit popscicles, or yogurt, or skinny cow icecream sandwich.

I'm aiming for 1500 calories per day and am looking to eventually up that to closer to 1800 once my body adjusts to the higher cals (its used to 1200-1300)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-02 AT 09:11PM (Est)[/font][p]Humble opinion here ....

It doesn't appear that you're getting enough veggies and I really don't see to many legumes or whole grains. You have to be very careful about Wheat bread. Really have to read the label to be absolutely sure. It appears that the diet that you have is really protein heavy.

Just my humble opinion.

Keta. :D

[link:home.attbi.com/~marwrihu/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html|Home Page]

[link:mykbtfit.net/|KBT Forum]

That sounds like a lot of working out, 30-60 min of cardio plus MIS! Maybe I misunderstood. I think that maybe 1700-1800 calories might be needed for that amount of exercise. I eat about 1800 a day, but on days where I am fatigued or PMSing, I eat more. It works for me. And then there are my cheat days. Look out!

Personally, I think you should choose a higher fiber cereal with less sugar. Kashi Go Lean and Uncle Sam's are good in that respect.
Or you could scramble egg whites with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and anything else with hot sauce or salsa and a slice of whole wheat (at least 3 grams fiber/slice) toast. That would help you increase your vegetables.
Hope this helps!
Cari

I know I should eat a better cereal but I'm totally addicted to this other stuff. I eat eggs for breakfast but after a week of that I get pretty burnt out....plus hwen I wake up I want food INSTANTLY and eggs just dont do that.

I just ordered a book on Sports Nutrition last nite and looking forward to what it has to say.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.