Plates and my legs

rosepetals

I was wondering if it was decided the best alternative to paper plates. They don't work on the carpet for me, plastic don't do much either. I am currently using scraps of wood laminate flooring as it does not stick.

What is the best product to use ??? Please post a website for the product.

Also am having a tough time completing the leg rotations as my legs aren't in good shape. Any sugestions as to possible modifications or ways to increase strength.

Thank You.

I use the plastic bags from the grocery store. Just put your foot on top of the bag and slide away! They work well on my carpet and they're free.

I actually use Valslides. You can order them online from amazon for about $35 a pair. I find they work excellent.

Val Slides can sometimes be found at Target for about $16 for a set. Also you can use furniture movers... almost identical (if not identical) to Val Slides.

I use the oval furniture movers that I bought at Walmart in the hardware section. Tried the large round ones (about 4 inches in diameter) but those didn't work well. The oval ones are about 9-10 inches across so your shoe fits right on it.

I also use the oval furniture movers from walmart, but I have puzzle mats.

They work pretty good on the mats, but I really solved this issue when I pulled out my Reebok slide and used a small towel,(I actually use the little green towel with the Cathe logo on it that was given on the '07 RT by that incredibly sweet lady whose name I cannot remember now)....but anyway, that combination is incredible!

Talk about really getting worked and having to concentrate on form ...it's just :eek:

I love my Gliding Discs too!

They're about $14 a pair and they are available for carpet or for hardwood (designed differently for each).

What I don't love is having to do those gliding disc exercises in STS. When Cathe says something like, "When you get down there you just hope you can get up again," she really means it!

Oops, here is the link: http://www.power-systems.com/s-245-gliding-discs.aspx?gclid=COTT3auN9pkCFQLixgodGHrajw

Last edited:
My DH purchased Super Sliders at Lowes for $10 and they work great. I actually just used them today for the first time. They are for moving furniture. I tried using a paper plate, a Rubbermaid lid, nothing worked but these furniture movers work great. They have some of that grey spongy stuff (sorry, can't think of the name!) on the side where I rest my toe on it, it stays put and they slide great. There are different sizes, but the larger (7") works best. Also, DH just told me there was a variety at Lowes, several different kinds of Super Sliders to choose from and more by other manufacturers as well.
Diana

I've been using Corelle dinnerware plates, the smaller lunch/dessert size. They were around $2.50 each at WalMart, and slide really great on carpet!

Another vote for "furniture movers"! I saw a set of 8 at Big Lots for $4 and they work great on my low pile carpet. There are 2 sets of the big ones that fit your feet so I have a backup or for another person to join in. The other 4 small ones are pretty useless, teeny tiny, but probably could be used for moving stuff.

I buy a lot of fitness toys so try to get away with being "cheap" when I can! I think the name on the box was "robots"! Weird but darn if they don't do the job!

Debbie

If you have a wood floor, you can use rags or microfiber cleaning clothes to slide.

As for improving leg strength: the only way to improve is to keep working at it, and try to do a little bit more each time. If you can only do 1/2 of the leg workout for now, that's your starting point. Work up from there. (If it's a workout with several sets of the same exercise, it would be best to reduce the number of sets and try to do a bit of each exercise--for a more balanced workout--rather than doing just the first half of the workout).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.