Pilates / Yoga Recommendation DVD's

mendlmt

Hi everyone,

I have many of Cathe's DVD's however she has no Pilates or Yoga DVD's (that I know of) however I do have the STS Ab Circuits which incorporates both styles and I absolutely love them.

Can anybody recommend some good Pilates & Yoga DVD's I could add to my weekly workouts to give me a bit of variety?

Thank you
Cheers
Lisa

I recently got some yoga DVDs to go along with STS. I have Shiva Rea Daily Engergy Vinyasa Flow Yoga. It has 7 20 minute practices that you can mix and match and also has longer premixes. I really like this one. It's challenging and you can make it short or long. She has a lot of other DVDs that look good, too. I also have Rodney Yee's A.M. Yoga for Your Week. It's 5 20 minute routines that give you a good stretch. The Firm Power Yoga is a 30 minute routine that gives the core a good workout. Crunch Candlelight Yoga is a 45 minute relaxing routine with a shorter 20 minute?? routine. P90X Yoga is a tough (for me) yoga workout. I really liked it and was sore for days, but it was way too long for me at about 90 minutes. If I have 90 minutes to workout, I want to do Cathe! Also see if your library has some yoga videos you can try out or rent some through netflix if you have that to see what you like!

hahah thanks Nanbo. Yes, I'm definitely aware of Cathe's Yoga DVD's coming out in August. I'm so excited but in the meantime I need something to keep me going until then.

Karynflyz - Thank you so much for the recommendations.

I'll be purchasing a couple of those on Amazon this arvo.

Thanks so much I appreciate your help.

Regards
Lisa

Hi Lisa!

I recently purchased Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Collection which includes three routines: Yoga for athletes, yoga burn, and power yoga. So far i'm really enjoying all three routines! Great variety, great fun! Amazon.com: Power Yoga Collection: Rodney Yee, Steve Urbano, Ted Landon: Movies & TV

An old favorite of mine is Kate Potter's Namaste yoga. Most of the routines are 20-25 minutes long, but I love the flow and movement. kate potter Namaste DVDs Kate Potter recently released a DVD with longer routines (maybe an hour each?). I haven't tried this DVD myself but i've heard good things about it.

HTH!
Katie
Katie

Hi there

Sounds like you have some good recommendations for yoga. I agree that Rodney Yee is always good. I love to hate the P90X Yoga, and I also find it very challenging.

As far as Pilates goes I really have to put in my vote for all STOTT Pilates DVD's. I am a pilates instructor from one of the more extensive schools. And I find Stott Pilates DVD's to be the best as far as getting across some of the important elements of Pilates. They are definitely on the gentle side of a workout but Pilates is about alignment, core strength and non-impactive movement.˜

STOTT PILATES - Pilates Equipment, Pilates DVDs, Pilates Education

Hope that helps!

i have a few Sara Ivanhoe DVDs and I like them because she explains things well. i agree w/ Rodney Yee. he's great.
there is one I bought on VHS yrs ago called Yoga Fusion Power that I love. you can't even find it on DVD now. i think it's on amazon. the instructor is Teigh McDonough (i think that's how you spell it). i think it has great flow and it's a little bit of everything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.