pilates workout suggestion

bethmeira

Cathlete
I got Pilates for Dummies on the suggestion for a beginner to this type of excercising. Deep down I thought it was going to be too easy for me since I had done similar type of excercises when I was in high school. Well, I was right and I'd like some suggestions for something more advanced. I was thinking about the winsor pilates maximum burn workout. Thanks!

Beth

I haven't seen Maximum Burn but Accelerated Body Sculpting is pretty advanced. For a real advanced Pilates workout, I'd go with Hilary Burnett's Mind Body Mat Advanced Workout. That one is truly advanced and it's Pilates at its purest. Her intermediate workout is no slouch either.

Hi Beth,

I have the Winsor Maximum Burn Series, and both videos are way more advanced than the basic Winsor Advanced tape. They move more quickly, and the 45 min. video incorporates new exercises.

Gina

Hi Beth,

I just got two Classical Pilates DVD's from www.classicalpilates.net. They also show previews there. On each DVD they have a beginner, intermediate, advanced and superadvanced version. You can order them on that site, but also on amazon.

Bye,
Heleen

Who's the best Pilates Instructor?

I recently bought A.M./P.M. Pilates which features Ana Caban for the PM workout, and Jillian Hessel for the AM workout. I was pretty disappointed with both, because the instruction was off from what they were doing on screen. (It was voice-over instruction.)

I used to watch the Method when it was on the Health Network, and Jennifer Kries gives much better instruction. I'm wondering who else is good for Pilates instruction? I like the way Jennifer gave constant cues and told you what to visualize, etc.

Any suggestions?
Tricia

RE: Who's the best Pilates Instructor?

Moira Stott & Jennifer Kries both provide excellent instruction. But many people dislike Stott's workouts because her delivery is fairly dry. The sets are simple, her clothes functional & forgetable. To Moira's credit, she has obviously worked on her presentation because her newer videos are much improved. I don't think anyone does a better job of balancing a workout between forward & backward flexion.

I actually like the a.m./p.m. workouts for a quick session. Their breathing patterns are different but I've learned that it varies w/ instructors. Never noticed the vocals were off, guess because I don't watch the screen much.

Debra

RE: Who's the best Pilates Instructor?

Hi Beth,

the maximum burn series is great but more advanced..the original series from Winsor is what I started with and saw great results very quickly...the longer one is not too difficult but you really feel like you worked hard..I love them..

Gina, thanks for that suggestion on maximum burn winsor pilates, I went to see the clip and ordered it.......... Rhonda:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.