Phyto B for menopause symptoms discontinued

Jane Royse

Cathlete
Anyone else here taking Phyto B for menopause? I would be interested in knowing what you are substituting for it since it has been discontinued. The FDA no longer allows over-the-counter hormones to be sold in pill/tablet form - it has to be in cream form. Creams have never worked for me before, which is why I was so happy to find Phyto B! Any negative or positive feedback on different creams would be appreciated.

I was so bummed when I read this was being discontinued. The company does recommend a cream that I have purchased in it's place. I have not used it yet. Fortunately, creams have worked for me so I am hoping this does the trick. I would still be interested to hear what other people will be using in it's place.

I have not used phyto B but I do use emerita progesterone cream, Maca magic HRT, and pm phytogen complex. The prog cream i have used for many years now and the only thing that keeps me sane. I really like the maca, this is the write up for it: Maca HRT™ Contains: natural Maca Root alkaloids which are thought to stimulate the endocrine system. Maca HRT™ is used in Peru to alleviate PMS, hot flashes, low libido, depression, and problems with concentration and mood swings. Works entirely different than Black Cohosh, Dong Quai or Licorice Root.
The pytogem complex is a solgar prodruct and helps me with sleep. MY sister was having a really hard time with insomnia and I gave her one of these, she said it was the first night she had slept thru the night in ages.
These products work for me but everyone is different.

Due to the comments on here re: Phyto B - I purchased a bottle to try (out of curiosity). I took a half or quarter dose for about a week, as I am very sensitive to any kind of medication. I only take children's cough medicine when I have a sore throat 'cos I cannot handle the adult stuff.

Anyway - a small dose of Phyto B gave me heart palpitations and a low grade headache. However, it did seem to clear up my menopausal symptoms somewhat. I took the Phyto B to my naturopath who was concerned 'cos she couldn't find out what all the ingredients were in it. She was also concerned by my reaction to the supplement. So, in it's place, she prescribed me this:

FEMANCE MENOPAUSE (VITEX COMBO) FOR MENOPAUSE SUPPORT FROM ST. FRANCIS HERB FARM. It's less than $20/mth and I take 1 tsp/day in one single dose.

I've been taking this ever since. No more headaches, heart palpitations or hair fall. My hot flashes are low grade and infrequent. She also has me drink a cup of Nettle Leaf Tea daily and I take Maca root (that's an adaptagen so you have to watch your intake of it but it gives energy and helps with other stuff too).

Please keep in mind that she prescribed me this after seeing my blood work. She said my estrogen had dropped and that I am now post-menopausal at 46. Women menopause very young in my family - like before 40. Also, when I was merely menopausal and not post - she prescribed my Dong Quai - also by St. Francis in tincture form and it worked like a charm instantly. She prefers tinctures. That was also 1 tsp/day in one single dose.

Just sharing my experience 'cos I've had to do menopause alone without input or help from others. My friends are not in this place yet.

Sorry for posting late on this - I take Phytoestrogen Ultra from Vitacost. It's a reasonable price, I only take one in the morning consistently and my mood swings have leveled out nicely. I've had a pretty easy time with menopause so far, no hot flashes or nightsweats, just a little hair fall and some crazy insomnia and mood swings. :rolleyes: I may have to look at that PM phytogem complex for the insomnia.

On the suggestion of the ladies here, I got the phyto B and also added 200mgs of 5HTP at night....the crushing pms depression that has me almost immobilized - did not occur...the next month I did nothing but my myriad of vitamins (with extra Bs mag, calcium etc) and the "day before" I almost burst into tears at work, and was so defeated and blue by the end of the day, I looked up ECT therapy....2 days into my cycle, mood cleared, back to normal...so restarted the phytoB and 5HTP and had a great month..due this weekend and so far so good...Now whether its a hormonal variation or not is debatable, but I'm going to keep on going! Thank you ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.