Peroneal tendonitis

fitover40

Cathlete
Another thread prompted me to ask who has experienced peroneal tendonitis. I just was diagnosed with this after several months of left foot into ankle pain that I could just shake off and continue my workout and walks/hikes. It ended up with not being able to walk at all while on a trip to Disney world.

I was given PT exercises of band strengthening and balance work which simply gave me the same thing in my right ankle and made the left worse! So now I'm on full rest for 4 weeks and planning my recovery so that I don't have a relapse!

I do have high arches and was doing lots of rugged hikes and hills and also spinning. I think all of that contributed to it along with that dreaded age word.

Has Anyone else had this? I'll have to do level, short walks so Right now I'm thinking that I won't get up to my walking /hiking mileage so thinking of getting a bike to ride on our hilly gravel trails this summer (with my little dog in a basket, we're inseparable).

Hi Lisa, I'm very sorry to hear about your tendonitis. I haven't been officially diagnosed with it but I unfortunately have the same symptoms, so I'll be interested in any responses that others can provide.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.