Peripheral Heart Action Training

I would like to suggest a PHA Training program. This would be a great fat burner :eek::) and would add to my choices for a circuit style workout on a total body training day (not that Cathe doesn't already give us so much wonderful variety! ;)). It would be especially great if Cathe could use a pyramid element with the weight loads so we gradually increase our resistance during the rounds.

Here's a link for more info on what PHAT entails:
http://cathe.com/what-is-peripheral-heart-action-training-and-how-can-it-help-you-get-fitter

Jane P-G

This is the suggestion I can really get behind. The PHAT Live workouts look just fabulous and I wish I had the ability to set up streaming at home. Alas! So, having some of these on DVD would be fantastic. You can get a high volume of work done with PHAT training. Yes please!

Clare

I would like to try one of the workouts but like Clare I now have no way of doing the streaming! We live in the Country and there is no internet provider here at all! [emoji20]. So yes I would love a DVD with this kind of Workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to suggest a PHA Training program. This would be a great fat burner :eek::) and would add to my choices for a circuit style workout on a total body training day (not that Cathe doesn't already give us so much wonderful variety! ;)). It would be especially great if Cathe could use a pyramid element with the weight loads so we gradually increase our resistance during the rounds.

Here's a link for more info on what PHAT entails:
http://cathe.com/what-is-peripheral-heart-action-training-and-how-can-it-help-you-get-fitter

Jane P-G
I was just about to post this same request, only not nearly as well as you have. Thank you.
Count me in! I'm really curious about this method and would love to work it into my schedule.

For all the PHAT fans out there, here's a good one on YouTube. I admit that I haven't done it myself but Julia puts together great, excruciatingly tough workouts!

This is the breakdown:

Round 1: 6 Exercises, 3x
1. Weighted Bulgarian Lunge (R) 12 reps Weighted Bulgarian Lunge (L) 12 reps
2. Overhead Press 12 reps
3. Step up to Reverse Lunge Weighted (R) 12 reps Step up to Reverse Lunge Weighted (L) 12 reps
4. Bicep Curls 12 reps
5. Uneven Squats off Box One Weight Held At Chest (R) 12 reps Uneven Squats off Box One Weight Held At Chest (L) 12 reps
6. Push ups 8 reps (down for count of 2, up for count of 2 tempo)

Round 2: set of 6 exercises; 3x
1. Side Lateral Lunge to R, Weight to toe 12 reps Side Lateral Lunge to L, Weight to toe 12 reps
2. Overhead Tricep Extensions 12 reps
3. Single Leg Deadlift RL 12 reps Single Leg Deadlift LL 12 reps
4. Upright Row 12 reps
5. Heavy Weighted Squats (Arms down by side) 12 reps
6. Pullovers on Stability Ball 8 reps (down count of 2, up count of 2 tempo)

Bonus quick cardio burn:
Pyramid down 12 reps, 10 reps, 8, 6,4,and 2 of each move:

Weighted jump squats
Frog plank hop + tuck
Knee in press up abs

Her channel (Fit Body by Julia) is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcdHAaL5VONEmbk901OSMPA

If you like challenging workouts, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

For all the PHAT fans out there, here's a good one on YouTube. I admit that I haven't done it myself but Julia puts together great, excruciatingly tough workouts!

I saw this one on her channel & have yet to cross it off my list as well. :) Isn't Julia fantastic? Every workout with her is always a challenge & she is in incredible shape!

I saw this one on her channel & have yet to cross it off my list as well. :) Isn't Julia fantastic? Every workout with her is always a challenge & she is in incredible shape!

Hi Elsie! I agree that Julia is a total rockstar -- she has the most impressive plyo box jumps and ninjas that I've ever seen. Indefatigable! Recently she's been doing workouts that her followers have created for her. They are so creative! It's nice to know that some people far crazier than me about working out. :D

I've been following her for a while but didn't get the courage to try her workouts until last week. I'm embarrassed to say that so far I've done only 2. Do you have any favorites?

:)
Do you have any favorites?
I do not know if I have 'favourites' really as I do not always have the stamina for such workouts. (I burned myself out a little on Millionaire Hoy last year, lol!) Although I have done Get Shredded #2 more than twice, so I do like that one a lot, with a couple of leg modifications (I posted this one somewhere around here as I thought it was THAT great, so not sure if any Cathletes tried it out or not! ;)) I also completed & enjoyed Push-up Real Good. Her short(er) upper body ones look great I think! I haven't tried any of her more current uploads as I have not been 'in my groove' for a little while due to prolonged sleep deprivation/extreme noise. PHAT is on my list when I get back to it!!! Woohoo! Her workouts, as you say, do require courage & (for me) eating well beforehand.
I post from time to time on her youtube videos, so we may find ourselves chatting on there!

Her short(er) upper body ones look great I think! I haven't tried any of her more current uploads as I have not been 'in my groove' for a little while due to prolonged sleep deprivation/extreme noise. PHAT is on my list when I get back to it!!! Woohoo! Her workouts, as you say, do require courage & (for me) eating well beforehand.
I post from time to time on her youtube videos, so we may find ourselves chatting on there!

I look forward to that, Elsie! It sounds like you and I have somewhat different taste I gravitate towards more cardio intensive workouts so I tend to avoid workouts that have an upper body focus, whereas you like those(?). Today, however, I made myself do her "No Equipment Burpee Time Challenge" which had a lot of pushups (I cannot for the life of me do those yoga pushups she has been putting in her workouts lately). It was a good one!

I've never heard of PHAT but I'd love to give it a try to spice things up a bit! Thank you for pointing out that there's another fitness program out there... not that I need any more DVDs LOL! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.