Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/12

This morning I did Boss Bands Glutes and Core. Really not sure what's up with my trapezius. It's okay in the mornings, was fine during my workout and then the later it got in the day the more sore it got. Same yesterday. Though not nearly to the level it was on Monday. At this point, nothing but hiking on the schedule till Monday, so hopefully it'll straighten around. Shopping tomorrow.

Valerie my county is still around 50% fully vaccinated. Michigan only has a handful of counties over 60% and one small county at 71%. Derek's probably better off on campus even though he's coming in contact with far more people as they have a 72% vaccine rate for all students and employees. Getting blown off a bike is crazy! Wow

Carolyn great job with Low Impact Sweat!

Diane Sue great job with the CDorner workouts!

Judy I already had some Vitamin D drops, and he told me to up it to 5000 a day.

This morning I did Ramped Up Upper Body. That was 53 minutes and 281 calories burned. My average heart rate was 120 and maximum heart rate was 160.

Valerie, that sounds like some windy bike ride. It’s good that you were walking.

Diane Sue, nice job with the CDORNER workouts.

Cathy, great job with Boss Bands Glutes and Core. I hope that your traps are better today.

Hello to Judy.

I did CDorner minute Tabata Step which uses a dumbbell, she uses , I used . The dumbbell portion is not long. I wasted so much time looking for a workout to do that would not aggravate my shoulder and had no boxing in it. I was looking forward to the new dance workout and then Chris decided to do it later and take a needed recovery day. This was minutes, heart rate 142/177, 3,268 steps. This workout was 20/10 tabata rounds on the step. She does say you can not use dumbbells. The dumbbell section was plank rows alternating and then standing and put the dumbbell on a shelf. Alternative was just plank rows. I did not reach up with the dumbbell/ I just did a turn and curl. Each round was repeated times moves and final round was changed from the sit on the step up and out to a thrust and back alternate was just squat and I did step up and kicks alternated with seated knee pulls which I did.
I also did Boss Bands Total Body Timesaver Core Focus, minutes, calories, heart rate 99/125,70 calories 552 steps. I like the stretch on this with the bands, but wish the stretches were held longer.
Total Time was 60 minutes, 277 calories, 3320 steps.

Cathy, try this workout from CDorner that I have been using most days doing the upper back which is the first part with a foam roller. 30 Minutes Foam Roller Release for Hips and Upper Back - YouTube
It has helped me quite a lot. Also this one NECK & SHOULDER STRETCH ROUTINE | RELIEVE NECK TENSION - YouTube
How do you like the Boss Bands Glutes and Core? I see that I can now purchase just the dvd now.

Carolyn, nice work with Ramped Up Upper Body.

Judy, good for you taking a rest day. Sometimes we just really need one. Chris of CDorner took one today. I was disappointed that she wasn't doing the workout that was planned, but we need that sometimes.

Valerie, that must have been some strong wind to blow your husband off the bike. I bet you got a workout riding in the wind.

We did a hike this morning in the park. don't listen to people who say september is a good time to go because summer crowds are gone. they're not! intentionally picked an off trail hike right inside the park boundary to avoid traffic jams. a wise choice as it turned out. very very busy yet. didn't see anyone on our hike but it was totally off trail, not even a route. didn't see any animals either though. lots of tracks and poop but no live critters. not a good time of year for wildlife IMO. a few thousand feet gain up and back down in 4.5 hours.
cathy I would try yoga stretch workouts for the sore shoulders. I have a foam roller but never felt it helped anything. we are all different for sure, but I thought it further irritated already irritated spots.

This morning I did Jessica Smith’s 30 Minute Fat Blaster from the 30 Day Plan. That was 30 minutes and 225 calories burned. Average heart rate was 134 and maximum heart rate was 163. I had to go for lab work this morning which meant fasting beforehand. Unfortunately, my appointment was not until 10:30. I was really hungry by the time that I finished.

Diane Sue, nice work with CDorner Tabata step. I like both of the Boss Bands workouts, but I haven’t done a premix yet.

Hello to Valerie, Judy, and Cathy.

Got up here a little after 1:00 and walked 3 miles along the bay, 1 1/2 each way, on the bike path. Not busy that time of day. Met Derek for supper and gave him the stuff I brought him. We're going to get lunch tomorrow and then go hiking and we'll get dinner tomorrow night, too. Was very blustery along the water, but not at the points where I was away from the water.

Carolyn great job with Ramped Up Upper Body and the 30 Minute Fat Blaster. I haven't done any of the Boss Bands premixes either. Do you usually have appointments at labs? Ours are always just show up anytime.

Diane Sue great job with the Tabata Step and Boss Bands premix. I prefer stretches held longer, too. Thanks for the info on that foam roller routine.

Valerie sounds like you managed to get a good hike in off the trails. This is not only an area where people come for outdoor activities, but people live up here year round also tend to like them. There are a couple places that get crazy busy, but others are hard enough or out of the way enough to be okay.

We used to be able yo just show up for blood draws especially early like 7 am but since COVID we need appointments. Hardly anyone wants 7 am though so I still luck out.
Worked around house today. We get some incredibly fierce weeds here. Tumbleweeds are Russian thistle. The plant dies in fall and breaks off at the base and blows Everywhere scattering seed. Creating walls of interlocking weed piles along fences and highways. Nasty things!! We have them along the driveway snd kill them early if we can. They can’t be pulled out or cut down by any normal method. I hate to use roundup but even small thistle type weeds cannot be pulled or dug up so we spray them. As little spray as possible.

I did x train bi’sand tri’s snd abs 1.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Dance Workout #120 I guess she had added different music to it from JLO called Lets Get Loud I did not see that one. It was Latin music and fun anyway. She does it with no shoes as she is on her old mat flooring. I remember in another workout that she mentioned not wearing shoes for dance on the mats as she would get caught on them. I do that all of the time. This was 52 minutes, heart rate 138/175, 5,255 steps. I also did Cathe's Pedal Power premix doing section 1,2, and 5,13 minutes, heart rate 111/149, 3.36 miles(I got this from the spin bike read out on miles) Average 16.3 mph (Garmin figured that out with mileage and time) 50 calories(spin bike gave me over double that lol. I don't think I have used the spin bike since I got the Garmin. I set it for indoor bike. It tried to pick up a secondary device that I could get for the spin bike. Also I got 145 steps on the bike:p Never works for steps!
I finished with CDorner Neck and Back stretch routine, 29 minutes, 33 calories. Total time was 94 minutes, 363 calories, 5,400 steps.

Today I am taking a rest day. I made a quick trip to the farmer’s market and the Fresh Market. I didn’t want to be away from home too long because my husband was having a difficult morning. He is feeling much better now. We have his cardiology appointment on Tuesday which can’t come soon enough.

Cathy, I’m glad that you are spending time with your son this weekend. The lab is inside my doctor’s office. They didn’t always require appointments, but now they do. They only allow a few people in the office at a time. I haven’t had to go to an actual lab for blood work in many years. I wa seeing an endocrinologist for a while and had to go to Lab Corp for blood work prior to each appointment. Both my primary care doctor and the oncologist have labs in the office area.

Valerie, I think it’s the same with my lab appointments. They changed the procedure when Covid became an issue. Good luck with those weeds!

Diane Sue, I’m sure that the CDORNER Cardio Dance was fun with that music. I have J Lo’s Let’s Get Loud on a playlist that I use when I am on the treadmill and it really motivates me to move.

Hello to Judy.

Today I did CDorner Fun & Fast Advanced Step Aerobics that she did this morning, music was Brittany vs JT, 64 minutes, heart rate 136/171, 332 calories, 4,915 steps. I also did CDorner Mobility Flow ( I think it is from a month ago where she wears a purple Nike top) 29 minutes, heart rate 78/100, 44 calories, 49 steps. Total time was 93 minutes, 376 calories, 4,964 steps.

cathy it used to be that way here, with small labs or blood draw capabilities in most offices, but its become very large group oriented now. big central locations. most lab samples are collected in central locations along with xrays and mri's. they open early so its workable to get in and get out so I don't have to fast very long. they have quite a few techs on hand so 7 am is a good time for a fast in and out. used to be drop in, now appts to avoid waiting area jam ups. I am hungry in the morning!.

going to do more upper body weights shortly, when DH is done.

tumbleweeds are awful nasty plants, not even natives. supposedly came introduced from the middle east.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.