Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/1

Today I did Cardio Core Circuit, the Express premix. That was 34 minutes and 227 calories burned. My average heart rate was 127 and maximum heart rate was 146. I modified much of this workout, but I think it still got the job done.

I really got out of the habit of eating out over the last few years so I haven’t missed it much during the pandemic. My husband is more social than I am and he had a monthly lunch with a group of friends. I called it “the old guys group”. He really misses that. Two of them are guys that we met in college and they all went to the military after graduating. They kept in close touch over the years and we all eventually ended up here in Atlanta.

Waving hello to everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Wednesday I did 55 minutes of Peloton rides and yesterday I did the Leg Cardio Express premix from Athletic Training. I liked that one a lot. It's perfect for a short workout or an extended warm up before strength training. I also did a 30 minute Peloton ride last night.

Carolyn-Great job with the Cardio Core Circuit Express Premix. I will have to check that one out too.
We haven't gone out to eat since before the pandemic and we really haven't missed it much at all.

Valerie-Nice mountain bike ride!

Cathy-Nice job with To The Mat. That's another one I need to do again.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hello Ladies. Today I am taking a rest day. I went out to make my rounds at the farmers market and the nearby stores. Sadly, my favorite peach farmer had the last of his peaches today. I have been enjoying peaches and blueberries on my salads and I even made a galette last week. Today I am making a fresh tomato and goat cheese tart for dinner. I’m trying a whole wheat crust with yeast from The NY Times for the first time.

Diane Sue, I hope that you are doing okay this week.

Hello to All and have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.