Pentagenarians & Beyond: 10/20/2024

Yesterday I did CDorner Back and Biceps 28 minutes, 81 calories, heart rate 97/133, CDorner Step Hiit stopping after rnd 1 and doing the stretch, 19 minutes, 94 calories, heart rate 126/155, finishing with Flow with Myra everday spine. Flow with Myra is a pilates youtube channel and she has some good stretch and mobility stuff. I have not tried any of the stuff that uses balls or the foam roller yet, but some look interesting.
ay spine, 17 minutes, 33 calories. 64 minutes, 208 calories. I am sort of bored and trying to figure out what I can do does not help. I wish Cathe would get the new workouts done.

Today I did a mixture of workouts and just kept my watch running, so started with CDorner Step quitting because music irritated me. Not in the mood, I guess. So, I started Raw Cardio Crush and stopped with the plank knee ins because of my rib issue and finished with Raw Just Step 4 which was a fun workout, 47 minutes, total, 211 calories, heart rate 124/157, 5,025 steps. I finished with Raw Yoga Stretch, 14 minutes, 14 calories.

Didnt do a lot today. Ive done my therapy work every day, so many times I dont even think about it being exercise much. today I did a uphill/downhill yard walk for 25 minutes. I didnt just sit all day, but kept moving after icing my knee for half an hour. nothing that strenuous. did 60 counter push ups and about 50 curls with tubing. it was a nice day and I wish I could have done more. tomorrow will be reasonably nice too but then it will be raining and windy so that fits better with my needed low activity level.

Today I did Cardio Party, 39 minutes, 292 calories burned, 136 average heart rate and 172 maximum heart rate.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Back and Biceps, CDorner Step HiiT, Flow with Myra everyday spine, Raw Cardio Crush, Raw Just Step, and Raw Yoga Stretch.

Valerie, taking it easy with your knee is for the best.

Hello to Cathy and Judy.

The thing about the knee is this is a sort of new injection, and its not clear what is the best protocol. some people say dont do anything for 6 weeks. well, no that wont work! my doc said 1 week. so one week it is. it may do nothing and it may help some. I'm going to use the spin bike this afternoon for a while to warm up and then x train upper body workout. feeling a bit aimless here.

Today I took my dog to the vet to get a steroid injection to help her itchiness and elbow healing. So I did not get my workout in till I got home. I did CDorner Cardio Aerobics Low/or High impact which had fun music, 31 cqalories, 173 calories, 4,418 steps. I also did CDorner Mobility day 18 shoulders and chest, 13 minutes, 38 calories. Total time was 43 minutes, 211 calories.

Valerie, I think therapy work is still working out, just different than what we usually do. Nice work getting out and doing and uphill and downhill walk and counter push ups and tubing curls.

Carolyn, nice work on Cardio Party today.

Wednesday I did quite a bit of foam rolling, of my hamstrings, quads and IT band. I also did some Yin Yoga, focusing on my glutes and hamstrings. That night I noticed that my knee & sciatic issues seemed to be better. I continued with the foam rolling yesterday and today. I can still feel a little something but still significantly better than before. Yesterday I also did 20 minutes of light rowing. Today I did 40 minutes of Peloton strength and 30 minutes of Peloton rides.

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Quick Fix, workout one and Cardio Party. I’ve dealt with Express Scripts before. It can be frustrating.

Valerie-I hope your knee injection helps. Great job with your therapy work.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Back and Biceps, Step HiiT, Flow with Myra, Raw Cardio Crush, Raw Just Step,Raw Yoga Stretch, CDorner Cardio Aerobics Low/or High impact, and CDorner Mobility day 18 shoulders and chest. I need to get some Raw workouts in soon.

Hi to Cathy,

I did therapy work for 30 min , then 15 min on the spin bike and the premix for x-train ba, sh, ch. the 1-5 premix. it ended up being a lot of pushups because I'd already done some push ups and curls as part of my regular therapy that I use as an overall warm up. I cant take my normal NSAIDS so pretty much everything hurts. it settles a little after Im off them for a while but not much. Im not supposed to take for 2 weeks but I wont make it that long. Im shooting for one week and then will go back to 1/2 dose. joints are screaming.

Ugh! I'm so over this week. Did my last zoo walk of the year on Wednesday, then went to my parents, shopped Thursday, with way more extra drama than I needed, and Derek and I went to South Bend to the zoo yesterday. Saturday after spending over an hour at Verizon, most of it waiting in line, found out they can't help us with the issue stopping Derek's phone from resetting/erasing so we can return it, so we'll try again this weekend and if we can't do it, have to take it to the Apple Store for help. Got myself a new phone and fingers crossed I have no issue. The guy I dealt with this week was incredibly helpful, so I have more ideas for dealing with Derek's. Then as I was almost out of Okemos and just about to the highway, my tire pressure light came on. Pulled in a parking lot and checked them and one was noticeably low. Drove the 3 miles back to Discount Tire and got air. Checked them after I'd let it sit for a bit when I got home, and they were still good, but with the trip to S. Bend the next day, and I was really close to my free rotation, I opted to head to Battle Creek where I normally go and get that done. In looking through my folder I noted how long ago I'd gotten those tire and knew that I'd need some soon. Fortunately not immediately but probably in the next couple months. So, I'll be squeezing those into my budget. On the plus side, they were finally able to install the new washer yesterday.

Today I did Live Low Impact Hiit w/Active Recovery and STS Disk 10 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps.

And my brother, sister and I had a video chat last night to talk about our parents. Our hands are really tied right now. My brother is going down tomorrow and hopefully can talk to Dad alone.

cathy its good you can at least talk with your siblings about your parents. my family was a disaster. my brother didnt get care for our mother. it would cut into what he hoped to inherit. she conveniently died quite suddenly at age 98 and turns out brother cut my sister and I out of her will. she had signed off on it. your mother sounds like she is the problem in your family and your father is helpless. sometimes an accident of some kind provides a solution but best to have a back up plan.

hope your tires hold up. we didn't have luck with the aerosol can of "RunFlat", whatever its called. we had a flat in the mountains and tried it but it did nothing. Ive heard of people it worked for but it only gave us a couple miles before the tire was undriveable, we put on the bicycle tire until we got back to a tire shop to get it repaired.

Im pretty achy from yesterday. not sure what to do today. too many push ups!

ETA did a 30 min spin and therapy work for another half hour.

Last edited:
Today is my rest day. I’m catching up on things around the house.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Cardio Aerobics and Mobility.

Judy, foam rolling sounds like just what your lower body needed. Great job with the Peloton strength and Peloton ride.

Valerie, nice job with 15 minutes of spinning and X Train Ba, Sh, and Ch timesaver.

Cathy, I’m sorry that you’ve had such a trying week. It’s good that you and your siblings are talking about your parents’ situation. Good job with Live Low Impact HiiT w/Active Recovery and STS disc 10.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.