Pentagenarians and Beyond: Thank God its the weekend!

linnyrn

Cathlete
Happy Weekend Ladies:
I am so glad no work day!! I did exercise today, it felt good especially after missing 2 in a row. I did a premix from Low max and shoulders from upper pyramid. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Deb: Hope you are having a safe trip.
Garance: Any dancing this weekend?
Jen: Any new additions to your family?
Josie: Continue to pray for your friends family and may you find peace knowing your friend is with God.~Linny~

Happy Sunday, All,

So sorry to be gone from here, haven't had time to take a breath!

First of all, Josie, I wish I could give you a big hug. I am so glad you got to talk to your friend while she could understand you.

Linny, I am worried about you! I think I might have that ultrasound repeated - things do get overlooked sometimes, and it would ease your mind to know for sure what's going on - lousy timing for you too, since you're starting a new job.

BTW, I found a chewable iron supplement that actually tastes good, and boosted my iron levels into the normal range, which I can't seem to do on my own. Let me know if you want to know the name, manufacturer, etc.

Deb, have a wonderful time in Mexico! Have that margarita for Linny, one for Josie, one for Garance, and two for me! (maybe not in one sitting!)

Deb, the job starts 2/18. That day is orientation, all day long. I assume I'll start the actual job the next day. I'm surprised because 2/18 is Presidents' Day, but that's not a holiday for the state of Texas, apparently. I'm interested to know what my holidays will be - I know I get 3 more a year than I did at the newspaper, but Presidents' Day was one of the 7 we got at the newspaper.

Good grief, Garance, you gave birth to 2 whoppers! My beautiful grandson Andrew was born Friday morning at 8:05. I was on my way to a dentist's appointment when my son called at 7:15. He said she had just had her epidural and they didn't expect the baby until late morning, so go ahead and keep the appointment. I did, then remembered I had to drive across town to the new job to get my TB skin test read. DH and I did that, then went way across town again to the hospital. The baby had been born 2 hours before we got there! Almost as soon as DIL got the epidural, she had to push. I'm glad her labor was quick and easy.

Andrew is absolutely gorgeous. We stayed about an hour, and got to hold him, then went to the grocery store and ran a few other errands. Late afternoon, DD and her 2 boys came over. The boys stayed with DH while DD and I went back to the hospital. DIL's parents were there with Andrew's big brother Sam, so DD and I took him back to our house where we ate supper and he got to play with his cousins. DS showed up later, took Sam back to other grandparents to spend the night and to feed the dog at his house, then went back to the hospital to spend the night.

Yesterday, DD's son turned one (Yep, I have one grandson born 2/9 and one born 2/8). DH and I picked Sam up, took him to the birthday party, where he had a blast and DH and I were run ragged, then back to our house where we all took a nap! He played at our house the rest of the afternoon (oh, to have that energy), then back to the hospital, where Sam went back to spend the night with the other grandparents. DH and I came home and collapsed!

Andrew and parents will come home this morning. DH and I told them we would leave them alone so they could get settled in and get Sam used to the new addition. That's true, but we also want to rest!

I feel almost 100% from the bronchitis and actually plan to work out this afternoon - can you believe it? I plan to do Christi Taylor's Strength, Balance, and Flexibility. Let's see if I have any of those 3 attributes after such a long layoff!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Linny, Jen, and Josie--

This morning I did the 4ds Kickbox with legs and abs (71 min.). I'm enjoying my current rut-rotation.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Josie. No matter how many people you lose, it never gets any easier to heal and mend.

No dancing this weekend, Linny, but definitely on Thursday. We went to see There Will Be Blood with Daniel Day-Lewis last night. He plays a brutal oil baron. Riveting performances, heavy satire of American capitalism and religion. HATED, HATED, HATED the soundtrack. They should have used no music at all rather than the over-the-top and lugubrious symphony, strings, electronics. Agh!

Congratulations on the new grandson, Jen. You sound positively ebullient with everything suddenly going well--your health, your family, your new job.

Snowy here and headed back into the deep freeze.

Hi Ladies:
I did premix of Bodymax 2 and biceps from upper pyriamid today. Then went and saw Fools Gold,it was ok, not an academy award winner for sure.
Deb: Congrats on the new grandson.Did they have to induce your DIL?
I bet she's thankful its over.How much does he weigh? Sounds like you have been quite busy. Be careful,don't overdue and have a relapse.
Garance:My DH saw There will be Blood and thought it was great. He is a big Daniel Day-Lewis fan.My DH said it was a long movie,I can't handle sitting for long periods. Have fun dancing this week!
Josie:Thinking of you.
Deb: Stay safe!
~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.