Pennsylvania roll call!!

Hi Doreen,

I remember the park in Conneaut Lake! Is it still there?

It seems like a lifetime ago since I was up in that area. I still keep in contact with a friend living outside Meadville. Her dh owns a restaurant in town. I've lived in Townville (father's old job), Saegertown (home to Sharon Stone), and Guys Mills (home to my insane ex-boyfriend lol) for a brief period until I moved to Bala Cynwyd just outside Philly. I sometimes joke that I've lived all over PA in my lifetime. However, dh and I have lived in the same house for the past 10 years. It was difficult settling down at first. I'd love to move to the Penns Valley area which is about 30 minutes from State College. But, I've grown used to this area.

You know, 35 minutes doesn't seem like a long commute; especially for the Philadelphia area. I think the norm around here is up to an hour. Although, you can cover a lot more distance in 35 minutes than we can here due to less traffic. Well, except maybe in the winter time due to all the lake effect snow. Drive carefully! ;-)

Funny, I worked at Hersheypark every summer during high school! Let's all try to plan a get together soon. Personally, I'd love to meet in Hershey or Harrisburg too. Who is in?

Wow, there are a lot of people around the Harrisburg area! Living north of Gettysburg, I'm only about 35 - 40 minutes from Harrisburg. Didn't know I was surrounded! :)

I'm in Meadville & work @ Hamot in Erie. 45 min drive. Not a native Pennsylvanian, but hubby is from Adamsville and after we retired from the military we moved here to be near his family. Mine is too whack. It's been an adjustment. Especially the snow. Driving home in that storm last night was more character building than fun. Traffic on I-79 was moving less than 20mph until a little past McKean, then it cleared up some thank goodnes or I'd still be driving.

Violette

>Cathy2!
> Where are you? Garilee

Hi Garilee!
Was so excited to "see" so many in the Harrisburg area let alone someone right in my town. Then I forgot to check back on this thread.

I'm just off of Mill Road. Hello neighbor.
Cathy

>Just outside of Harrisburg, here.
>
>Another thought for a GTG - how about Hershey, home of
>Chocolate World :D (Or would that be against the 'Fitness
>Vibe'? They do have some extra dark chocolate, so maybe it
>could count as a health food store?)
>
>The park is open in the summer and they're building some new
>water rides for this year, plus there's a nature trail, spa
>and outlet shopping...any of this sound good?
>
>Just a thought. I'd love to meet whomever, where ever. I
>worked/lived in State College a few years ago and loved it
>there, so if that's the place, just keep me posted!
>
>Ladies around Harrisburg - wanna have a small gathering one of
>these days? I just moved here a few months ago and would love
>to get to know some people! (Plus I need info about where to
>shop for the best stuff :) )
>
>KC
>
Sounds like fun! Especially since there is quite a number of Catheites in this neck of the woods.
Cathy

Hey Yins,

I live in Forest County (Northwestern Pa) in the Allegheny National Forest. I'm about 8 miles from a town called Tionesta, whopping population of 600!! Woo Hoo!
I'm a student @ Clarion University Venango Campus, that might sound familial to some? Start nursing school there this fall.

Lived in Pa all my life...

Peace!
FUGWB

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.