Penagenarians & Beyond: WB 10/18

Hi Everyone,

Just a short check in this morning. I didn't get a chance to post much last week. My days off went by too fast.
I've scheduled several more days off in the next couple of months too. For workouts I did mostly Peloton rides and took a break from heavy lifting. I'll be back to more weight work this week.

Deb-I hope you had good week.

Diane Sue-Great workouts last week! I plan on doing Live # 318 today or tomorrow.

Carolyn-Circuit Blast was not a favorite of mine. I remember the dread factor.

Cathy-Great job with Live Circuit Works Plus Barre and Core! Those sit-up/push-combos are tough!

Valerie-Nice job with Pyramid Pump! Round-abouts do take some getting used to.

Lori-It's getting colder here now and snow is just around the corner. I bet you are happy to be done with that!

good morning. we got into some snow yesterday a little north of here heading to the grocery store. kind of messy for mid october to say the least. all Ok but sort of a shock to the senses. we plan on staying this week since next weekend is hunting opening day and want to be gone by then. we saw a huge herd of elk yesterday down from higher elevations. we'll see how it goes this week. does not look like riding there is snow and ice everywhere that will be around for a while.

yesterday I used the rower for 15 min then abs from flex train along with the tricep chapter. I was tired and that was enough. neither of us like the rower so will look at trading it in on an elliptical if we can do that.

Deb how did the plumbing issues work out?

need to do a mild workout today just to keep the juices flowing, having our neighbors for dinner tonight.

This morning I did Tamal Dodge Element Yoga for Relaxation. That was 39 minutes and 51 calories burned.

Deb, thanks for starting the thread. I hope things are going well for you.

Judy, days off can get very busy. I’m glad that you had a good week.

Hello to All and have a great day.

This morning I did the Finished Combos workout that I put together. It's better since I edited it, but I think I need to tweak it more. I've got Step Sync next to last and I'm going to move it to first. The intensity is noticeably lower than all the other ones. It's 51 minutes and I burned 238 calories. Then I did Step Boss Bonus Abs 2.

Valerie it's too bad the snow is messing with your outdoor activities. Would be cool to see a big herd of elk. There are herds here in the Norther lower peninsula, but not where you can easily see them.

Judy time off always goes by way too fast. Glad you were able to get in your workouts.

Carolyn yoga for relaxation is my favorite kind of yoga.

Yesterday when I checked my Informed Mail app to see what was coming that day, it shows that my pre-shipping label for the new workouts has been printed! Yay!

I did stacked upper body this afternoon. DH also did it and actually liked it. I put pyramid pump in for him but he said he doesn't like pyramid workouts. whatever...

it is warmer this afternoon and were waiting to see updated forecast. we may leave Wed instead of saturday since thursday sounds messy and that might make friday not a good day to go anywhere too. its nice we have the flexibility to do what makes the most sense. right now we doubt we will be riding anymore here this season. snow is erratic with lots some places and rain only in other places so very hard to predict. it might warm up and melt away, but we have to be back by this weekend and dont know when we might get back.

Judy glad to hear you have a workable set up now with HD. best not to have to change jobs in the middle of the virus issues.

Cathy there is a huge elk herd that winters right in the area we live. several hundred. the terrain is pretty open here so its easy to see them early mornings late fall/winter/spring. they get out of sight mostly during the day. we have elk walking around here all the time especially at night. we set up a trail cam last year and no question, lots of traffic. they are smart enough to use gravel roads to get around more easily, and use a huge carved out ditch to move around not visible from the road. . we don't have fences but some neighbors do.

ETA did stacked upper body today, too yucky to be outside.

Last edited:
Today was a rest day. My family came over and we had a nice visit. Getting school work ready for tomorrow and hoping to head to bed early.

Judy, those free days seem to go by too fast. You are getting in some great workouts.

Valerie, that would be amazing to see a herd of elk. It is nice that you have the freedom to choose how long you stay. I hope the weather does not get too bad so that you can enjoy yourself.

Carolyn, nice work on the yoga. I like to do a yoga on Sundays if I have the time. I was pressed for time though as I cooked up the taco meat using saute on the insta pot and then added a bit of broth and set it to slow cook so it would be ready after church. That took up the free time.

Cathy, it looks like you are having fun putting together your workouts. I got an email about the shipping label for the new workouts. I haven't paid attention to informed delivery I guess. I did see I had packages coming, but I seem to always have something coming.

Deb, thanks for getting us started this morning.

This morning I did Live Stability Ball Total Body Weights. It's 54 minutes and definitely hits everything. Ave bpm 113, and burned 154 calories.

Valerie it's always a plus when you can adjust your travel days to suit the weather. I'm already freaking about the boys traveling home at the end of the semester. Last year when they had an actual Thanksgiving break, I took Nick back early and they actually opened the dorms to everyone early even if they hadn't signed up to get in early. Good thing, too! There were parents who actually wouldn't let their kids who had cars drive it, and some who didn't come back until Monday or Tuesday. One year they didn't even have snow till December, but this year it's starting early.

Diane Sue Glad you got to spend time with your family. I hope school goes smoothly this week. Apparently, I will be going to the school on Wednesday because the year books are in and they are only allowing an hour time slot for my son's portion of the alphabet. Really not looking forward to that, as I have to go in, but at least it's after school and they are requiring masks.

This morning I did Low Impact Sweat. The workout was 46 minutes but my Fitbit app will not sync this morning so I have no idea about my calories and heart rate. I‘m not sure what the problem is with the Fitbit app, but it’s annoying.

ETA: Fitbit finally synced this afternoon. My workout was 311 calories burned, average heart rate 128, and maximum heart rate was 148.

Valerie, great job with Stacked Sets Upper Body. It’s good that your husband liked that one. It’s funny that he didn’t want to try Pyramid Pump. He could simply ignore the pyramid concept and choose weights that he wants to use.

Cathy, nice job yesterday with the step finished combos workout that you created and Live Stability Ball Total Body Weights today. I wouldn’t want to go into a school building either, but after school is not so bad.

Diane Sue, a rest day with your family get together sounds perfect.

Hello to Judy, Lori, and Deb.

Last edited:
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves, 44 minutes, 160 calories, heart rate 111/144, 2,231 steps, I always enjoy the music on this workout. I also did Raw Cardio Tone stopping at the toning, 20 minutes, 108 calories, heart rate 126/155,2108 steps, finishing with Lite, extended stretch 2, 14 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 88/99, 72 steps. Total time 78 minutes, 288 calories, 72 steps. Total time 78 minutes, calories burned 288, steps 4,411.
School went well today, but gets confusing sometimes. The teacher did not get one of her links for a class posted till later, then when we did the morning zoom it was short and she said that was her last day to teach phonics sfa to the children and another teacher would be doing it on her zoom tomorrow. I did phonics letter sounds and some writing with him anyway. Then my daughter was switched today from teaching K4 to 4th grade starting this week. She did not come to family day as she had to get her things ready this weekend to do the switch. Just seems rough on the teachers right at the 9 week mark. Kids as well. Most of the lessons today required me to do most of the work. There was a math lesson youtube, but the rest was like watch a short video of Columbus, figuring out what to do with printouts since no clear instructions, and the main thing, was writing what he would do if he discovered America. Since the video was not very long and really did not give much of the story, and being a 6 year old he did not have much to say on the whole piece of paper. Let alone writing it all out.
I am looking forward to going through Cathe's new workouts when they come out. :)
Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves #1 43:48 minutes, 8 and 15# dumbbells used Timed at 50 seconds per move
Warm up

boxing: jabs / curtsy touch down/ then both moves combined/fast jabs rest
repeat
Heavy (15#) deadlift flamingo
skaters then skaters two back two frontrepeat
light weights (8#) hammer curl press/ front curl arnold press
boxing front punch/ elbow strikes/ upper cut
repeat
squats heavy (15#)
squat thrust side to side step
repeat
boxing right cross/ side bend/insole
heavy (15# db) cross row right
repeat boxing and cross row left
repeat
Floor
heavy ( 15# dbs) pullover/ fly/ lateral raise (8# dbs) repeat ( I used 12# dbs) alternating pullover/fly / and lateral raise alternating
light (8# dbs)skull crusher/ double deadbug (8#dbs)
skull crusher8# dbs/ crunch knee ins no weight
stretch

Cathy, I avoid driving in snow and ice myself. I worry about my grandchildren as 5 are adults and are driving all over the place. One of my granddaughter's VW broke down and they had just bought her a used Escape. She had a bad accident Friday night when she was going through a green light and a flat bed truck carrying a car pulled in front of her. It totaled her car and she has bruises on her legs and arms, but thankfully she is okay. She would not have survived in that VW if you saw how bad the escape looked. They wanted her to have more of a vehicle than that VW anyway for safety reasons. Those kind of things just end your heart into high gear for sure. I can understand the parents worry. Making the drive to pick up a yearbook does not sound pleasant to me. So many thing are canceled this year. My second to the youngest grandson usually has grandparents day at his school every year. They did some other activity other than have all of the grandparents coming to the school. It is a private school and small classes. All of the children wear masks.

Carolyn, I usually have to restart my cell phone to get my watch to sync in the mornings. Sometimes I have to restart a second time after a workout. Not as much then though. Was that 311 calories?? Anymore I just restart my phone before I even check because it will not sync my sleep either.

we are heading home tomorrow. forecast is not good. I did revd up rumble and the ab workout.

DH just said he "doesn't like" pyramid workouts and I assume he knows what one is since he did STS with me. he has a sore shoulder so he shouldn't be doing a whole lot until its better, IMO, and I thought stacked upper would be good. not likely to overdo with heavy weights, with those movements. . we gave our rowing machine to our neighbors in exchange for them plowing our driveway for us. will get an elliptical probably instead. I thought rower was OK but hard to get heart rate up enough. there's a limit to how fast you can row, just the mechanics of how it works.

Yesterday I did Live #318, Iron Legs. That is a good workout and I am feeling it today. I stayed close to Cathe's weights for most of the moves.

Cathy-Great job with Live Stability Ball Total Body Weights. That sounds like a good one. I've heard Michigan is going to have a bad winter with snow and ice this year. I'm not looking forward to that. It may be a good time for me to take a couple of months off of work when that starts.

Carolyn-Nice job with Low Impact Sweat. I had a lot of issues with the Fitbit app and it was annoying. I miss some of Fitbit's features but they do have some problems.

Valerie-Hope you have a safe trip home. Nice job with Rev'd Up Rumble.

Diane Sue-Great job with the Coffeyfit workouts. I need to do one of her boxing workouts soon.

Hi to Deb & Lori!

Today was going to be a zoo day, but the temp at 10:00 was only going to be 41 and tomorrow it'll be 51. Somehow that 10 degrees different, just seems very different. LOL So, I did Live Love Me Some Kickboxing. It's a good workout. 55 minutes, ave bpm was 130 and burned 268 calories.

Diane Sue I'm so glad that your granddaughter is okay. That's so scary. At the moment, Nick's driving no where because he called me this morning and the car wouldn't start. He has two very busy days in a row so he may be walking a lot before he can get it jumped. He's got cables, but needs someone who knows how to do it. Or he'll have to call road service. The downside of the latter is that sometimes there a wait time, and all his classes are in his major and he really can't afford to miss anything. Or slack on the homework and studying. If it's not one thing it's another. And I think today is the day he does one of his zooms with someone from TCU about their masters program. I'm really not crazy about him That's very rough on everyone to be switching teachers at this point. Everyone is already having to make so many adjustments.

Carolyn great workout. Fit bit not syncing can be such a pain. Mine's not giving me notifications and I've no clue why. I think it's my phone though because my messages in the car aren't coming through either. So, far I've not been able to figure out the issue. I'm not keen about going in the School, but all go towards the end of the pick up time and the vast majority of students should be gone. Nick said he'd heard they were in for a bad winter up there, but I haven't heard anything about down here, but then again, I don't think I want to know. Somewhere 6-8 years ago, we had what I refer to as the winter from hell. We started x-mas break early extended it by nearly a week and in the end added over a week to the school year. I don't want that again.

Valerie I hope you are having a smooth trip back. Wonder what the specific issue your husband has with pyramid workouts would be. You can always just do the reps and pick your own weights.

DH just came and knocked on the window to tell me there was a deer inside the fence. It had to have jumped in, but couldn't figure out how to get out and was hitting the fence, we were thinking to herd it out the front gate, but by the time we got back there it must have jumped back out. There's so much vegetation between the house and back fence that we would never have seen it. Small and likely a first year, hopefully it found its way back to it's group. Certainly wouldn't normally be on its own right now.

Today I did ICE Bootcamp Circuit for 48 minutes and 305 calories burned. Average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 179 (?). The Fitbit app seemed to fix itself by yesterday afternoon. I saw that a new feature was added so maybe it was updating itself.

Valerie, have a safe trip home. It was generous of you to give the rower to your neighbor.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Your Moves, Raw Cardio Tone, and LiTE Extended Stretch. It must be hard on teachers and students to switch up classes at this point. I’m so glad that your granddaughter was not seriously hurt in that accident.

Cathy, nice work with Live Love Me Some Kickboxing. Last Christmas I gave my husband, daughter, and son-in-law a wireless charger called a Halo Bolt. It a small box that can charge a car battery without having to use the regular cables and another vehicle. My daughter has used it once and my husband has charged his truck battery three times. I was skeptical, but it works very well. My daughter was so excited that she urged her girlfriends to get one for emergencies. Your son might like it.

Judy, great job with Live Iron Legs.

Hello to Deb and Lori.

Today I did Cathe Live #287 Kickboxing, low impact hiit, and abs, 54 minutes, heart rate 115/153, 4,016 steps. I followed this with Cathe Live # 307 All Core on the Floor 26 minutes as I skipped the last couple of moves and went on to the stretch for time constraints(and I did not want to do more supermans) 41 calories, heart rate 90/120, 146 steps. Total time was 80 minutes calories burned 271, 4,162 steps.
I liked the Kickboxing workout, but sure though that my heart rate was higher than what is logged at. The floor core was good, and not too many crazy hard moves and no equipment. Some plank moves mixed in, but it didn't seem excessive. My shoulders were not not real happy with it though and neither was my low back and there was more than one segment targeting the low back area. Mine was already sore from Iron Legs from Saturday and the Kelly's yesterday. The school zooms are not working. Their teaching app where we go through to get to zoom seems to be down and possibly overloaded. We managed to get math in this morning, but nothing else is working.

Valerie, have a safe trip home. I remember rowing with the Bowflex and I never could get the resistance up enough to make it feel like I was getting much of a cardio workout. Getting the drive plowed would be nice to have taken care of.

Judy, I am still feeling Iron Legs from doing it Saturday. It is a good leg workout.

Cathy, nice work with Love Me some Kickboxing. I enjoyed the one that I did today. These young people and getting places. We have helped my grandson multiple times when his car was broken down. I loaned him mine for awhile and it got to do pizza delivery. He is not doing that anymore though. Yes, it would be important for your son to be at school for his lessons. Ours seem to all be at the quarter so testing. My granddaughter that had the accident is talking to others trying to be sure she makes right choices in courses for nursing and there is a particular instructor that she does not want to get. Her sister that is married has two years left before she does the bar exam. She got an internship at a law office and has her own office right now which is cool. Switching teachers in the middle of a course would be hard. I do not like to go places outdoors when it is really cold. I don't care how much I bundle up, I cannot get warm. Going to my grandson's football games, and to watch my granddaughter cheer, and I never lasted the whole game, because I sat there in the bleachers shivering the entire time.
I have watched my husband jump start the car many times, and my Dad showed me how to do it when I was young. He had his own auto repair shop for a lot of years till he became a preacher. I am always afraid I would mix up negative and positive or something.

Carolyn, I was still having some problems with my Fitbit app this morning. I guess I did not notice another new feature. I had to restart my cell phone this morning and then again after my workout. Even then it kept spinning when I wanted to look at the step count for the workout. So, I had to get off the app again and get back on it and it finally loaded. My husband has one of those battery chargers and he has a mini air compressor that he carries in his car and has used for their vehicles at work. I bought him the charger because it had a trickle charger feature he was able to use on the Harley when it was not used over the winter months. Good idea for the older children to have one of those in their cars.
Nice work this morning.

good morning. we made it back yesterday 11 hour drive. most was fine tho we hit evening commute traffic that is stressful.
I would have kept the water rower because I do cathe dvds for cardio but DH wont even try. so we will get an elliptical. I used the rower as a warm up but no matter how hard you row your heart rate is not very high. you get postural fatigue, so feels like time spent without much benefit. I found it hard to watch anything on TV because of the sloshing water sound. I can only do it for about 30 min. selling used exercise equipment is not easy and you have to have strangers come to your house to look at it. our neighbors have a gym and jumped at the chance so it was a win-win.

wow I have not needed to jump a car in ages. it doesn't get that cold here in western WA to diminish battery power. I've done it many times. there is probably a U tube video. as a struggling college student with old beater cars, learned to do a lot of car things, including changing a tire, driving manual shift cars with different configurations. cars are a lot different now.

ETA diane sue, scary with the accident. a good solid car is so important, good she is OK.

when I picked up our mail this morning I got our ballots, and we just finished voting. This election is more important than any in my lifetime. I will drop off ballots when I head to the grocery store this afternoon and then track my ballot to make sure it arrives.

darn virus is surging back again. as hard as home school is, I think returning to school, especially college, has been the main factor driving this resurgence..... most of it connected to skipping masks and not social distancing. I do "get" how hard it is for young people to do and I probably would not have been too compliant as a young person myself. Sigh.... no easy answers.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Workouts were not that great the last 2 week, started back again this week, Aun Lite Pyramid Pump Time Saver premix, Monday Live Crush it Low Impact, Tuesday Live Burn Sets Legs Heavy weights.

Judy, hope you are enjoying those days off while the weather is sort of "decent". Today is it cold and rainy, a preview of things to come. I have that Iron Legs workout and the Metabolic Lower Body one on my list of LIVE workouts to try.

Valerie, Glad you got back while the weather was still okay. The plumbing issue with the leaky toilet came out okay, now we have to have the ceiling in the front hall fixed and re-painted. A week after that, one of the pipes in the basement started leaking, had them come back for that job. It's always something when you own a house! An elk herd would be great to see! Nice swap with the eliptical and driveway plowing!

Cathy, it sounds like you are enjoying the Workout manager, and making your own combinations of Cathe workouts. :) I bet you were glad you did not have to herd that deer out of the fenced in area.

Diane Sue, glad your granddaughter is okay! That sounds scary. LOL on your comment about always having a package coming. Same here. When I don't get one, I get nervous thinking maybe we were a victim of a "porch pirate". That school works sounds a little tough for a 6 year old. Also very frustrating when things aren't working.

Carolyn, do you use your phone with your FitBit app? Mine doesn't synch regularly because I have the "Location" function turned off on my phone.

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

My workout today was a Rock’m Sock’m Kickboxing timesaver. My time was 35 minutes and 259 calories burned. Average heart rate was 133 and maximum heart rate was 155.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.