Peloton vs NordicTrack

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello Everyone,
So I love spin as my cardio of choice (outside of Cathe's cardio options). I'm thinking of Peloton or NordicTrack. I like the class options that both have. Does anyone have one? Any preference?
Thanks!

Don't have either spin bike, but generally speaking have heard horror stories about the Nordic Track brand (mostly treadmill info, but enough to give me pause). In contrast, most reports on Peleton brand products I have heard are positive.

I purchased my Peloton bike last year after outgrowing my old Nordic Track and I love it! There is a monthly subscription fee of $40 + tax, so be aware of that.

It looks like Nordic Track is trying to mimic Peloton with their "on-board" workouts, although from what I'm reading on their website the number of workouts offered is just 35. The Pelo bike uses magnetic resistance which provides a quiet ride and easy adjustment. (You can do an online search to learn about the differences in resistance.) I think the only other spin bike offered with magnetic resistance is the Keiser M3i. With Peloton, you have access to thousands of live and recorded rides (at this moment there are 8,744 classes on demand!) along with "Beyond The Ride" workouts that include toning, stretching and yoga. I almost bought the Keiser M3i, but on a whim I went with Peloton and I'm so glad! There are a load of Facebook Peloton groups established, so you can easily connect with other home riders.

Speaking of home riders, each year Peloton has a "home rider invasion" at their studio in NYC. Here is an excerpt from the email announcement that I received: "This year, it's going to be a bigger celebration than ever. Experience a real-life Leaderboard like no other. Meet your fellow Members and favorite instructors at our happy hour, take cycling and Beyond the Ride classes, and get an exclusive first look at how Peloton does total body fitness with classes at our brand new Peloton Tread studio (space is limited)!"

Hope this is helpful!

I am so tempted by Peloton. They know it too because they sent me their financing package that includes the membership + bike. It's like buying a little car! LOL I have an old treadmill that I would have to give away in order to make room for one. I hardly ever use the dreadmill because, well.. I know I would go crazy with the spin bike!

I purchased my Peloton bike last year after outgrowing my old Nordic Track and I love it! There is a monthly subscription fee of $40 + tax, so be aware of that.

It looks like Nordic Track is trying to mimic Peloton with their "on-board" workouts, although from what I'm reading on their website the number of workouts offered is just 35. The Pelo bike uses magnetic resistance which provides a quiet ride and easy adjustment. (You can do an online search to learn about the differences in resistance.) I think the only other spin bike offered with magnetic resistance is the Keiser M3i. With Peloton, you have access to thousands of live and recorded rides (at this moment there are 8,744 classes on demand!) along with "Beyond The Ride" workouts that include toning, stretching and yoga. I almost bought the Keiser M3i, but on a whim I went with Peloton and I'm so glad! There are a load of Facebook Peloton groups established, so you can easily connect with other home riders.

Speaking of home riders, each year Peloton has a "home rider invasion" at their studio in NYC. Here is an excerpt from the email announcement that I received: "This year, it's going to be a bigger celebration than ever. Experience a real-life Leaderboard like no other. Meet your fellow Members and favorite instructors at our happy hour, take cycling and Beyond the Ride classes, and get an exclusive first look at how Peloton does total body fitness with classes at our brand new Peloton Tread studio (space is limited)!"

Hope this is helpful!

Hi Carol
This was so helpful! Thank you so much!

Liz

My sister has a Peloton bike and loves it. She’s had it for over a year. I tried the free trial to see what the classes are like. They were super fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I use.... my twice-a-week spin class at the gym was cancelled after 10 years, and as much as I [emoji173]️Cathe’s spin workouts, I needed a lot more variety. I put my iPad on the windowsill, push my bike up close and added a Bluetooth speaker. You can do a 14-day free trial and check it out. I’ve found a couple instructors who I love - this morning I did a zone 4 60 minute workout and burned 700 calories. You can find workouts by class length, instructor, intensity, music genre. So you don’t have the connection of “working live” where people can see your stats, and when they cue resistance and cadence, over time you kinda figure out how that translates to your home bike. Give it a try!!!!

That’s what I use.... my twice-a-week spin class at the gym was cancelled after 10 years, and as much as I [emoji173]️Cathe’s spin workouts, I needed a lot more variety. I put my iPad on the windowsill, push my bike up close and added a Bluetooth speaker. You can do a 14-day free trial and check it out. I’ve found a couple instructors who I love - this morning I did a zone 4 60 minute workout and burned 700 calories. You can find workouts by class length, instructor, intensity, music genre. So you don’t have the connection of “working live” where people can see your stats, and when they cue resistance and cadence, over time you kinda figure out how that translates to your home bike. Give it a try!!!!

Thank you!! I don’t have a bike yet. I am looking to replace my treadmill which I hardly use anymore with a spin bike which can give me a great cardio workout and be kinder on my hips. My 55 yo hips don’t mind running on the pavement but hates the treadmill now. I’ve been doing Cathe’s workouts but I would like to have a strong cardio option that is joint friendly. I love getting my heart rate up but I know I can’t keep jumping up and down forever. [emoji1][emoji854]

The Peloton is so dang tempting. [emoji30]

Thank you!! I don’t have a bike yet. I am looking to replace my treadmill which I hardly use anymore with a spin bike which can give me a great cardio workout and be kinder on my hips. My 55 yo hips don’t mind running on the pavement but hates the treadmill now. I’ve been doing Cathe’s workouts but I would like to have a strong cardio option that is joint friendly. I love getting my heart rate up but I know I can’t keep jumping up and down forever. [emoji1][emoji854]

The Peloton is so dang tempting. [emoji30]

I know! I will buy either the Pelaton or the Keiser mentioned above (they are smooth like butter) once my Schwinn gives out....

Does this work in an iPad? Seems like a more affordable option! [emoji102]

Not the original poster - I had my Keiser spin bike already before peloton got so popular. So I use my iPad, my amazon tap (portable speaker) and the peloton app to do the classes, for $13 a month. You don’t get their leader board and other stuff, but works perfectly. Great option!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.