Peeps on 11/20/08

Good morning. I hope that everyone is doing well today.

This week needs to be over soon. I was at work at 6 am today and probably won't be able to leave until around 5 tonight. I can't wait until this presentation is over with. On the positive side, my slides look awesome. Hopefully what comes out of my mouth is awesome too :p

I just finished this wonderful oatmeal for breakfast. It was so good.

http://dishingupdelights.blogspot.com/2008/11/pumpkin-oatmeal.html

BBL!

Last edited:
Hi Peeps!

BRRRR...I just got home after standing in line outside for 1 1/2 hours in 20 degree weather to get my hands on a Cities 97 sampler. For those not familiar with it, the sampler is a cd collection put out by a local radio station for charity. The artists come here to record an accoustical version of one of their songs. This year it has Jason Mraz, Sara Bareilles, Matchbox 20, Sheryl Crow, Missy Higgins, Ingrid Michaelson, Jack Johnson, David Gray and many more. I was about 170th in line and they ran out shortly after I got mine. It was crazy! Some guy tried to squeeze in front of me saying he was farther in front but lost his spot. I told him to keep moving back cuz there was no way he was butting in. Jerk!

I have a kettlebell session with Andrea this morning so I better get going.

Karin~ Good luck with your presentation!

BBL

JJ

Hey gang!! I am home with my DH who had surgery to remove a ganglion cyst this morning. He is fine. We had to get up at 4 :confused: So needless to say we are ready for a nap!!

JJ, I hope you have a good session with Andrea!!

Karin, how is your dad?

I am probably taking my rest day today. But if I get froggy later I might do some cardio:cool:

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

Today I got up and did 4DS Shoulders and the abs from LIS Step. I really like the ab work in this series. How Cathe keeps coming up with new ab work I'll never know, but I'm always grateful she keeps mixing it up! My 4DS rotation is coming to an end in November, sob! I'll flip back to rotating ME/Push Pull/Supersets but I really will only be waiting my time until I can go back to 4DS again. Yes, I'm a wee bit obsessed with it...LOL!

OK, Karin, that oatmeal looks FAB!! Did you do the pomegranate seeds, too? I saw them at Whole Foods--sold just as seeds--and they were expensive!! Did you cook your oatmeal on the stove or did you microwave it? I have to microwave because I eat at work, I wonder if it would be as good???? Hang in there about your project. IT IS ALMOST OVER!!!! Yea!!

JJ--Ah, don't the holidays just bring out the really sweet people in the world? HA! Good for you for standing your ground and not letting that jerk but in!! And what a trooper you are to stand in the cold like that!!! Enjoy your session this morning!

Be back later. I do have a meeting with some hotel reps today so I need to make sure I get a lot of stuff done this morning!!

:) Wendy

I had a great KB session. She said my swings, cleans, presses, deadlifts are all coming along pretty good. I just need to refine my form. I start her classes next week and I'm a little nervous. I didn't do so well with the TGU's. She started me off just holding a water bottle and then moved onto a 4kg bell. I felt like a total spaz and kept forgetting what I was supposed to do next:eek: This will definitely will take some time to get down. Still haven't done snatches or windmills but she said I could learn those in class.

Catherine~ I hope you are getting some rest and DH is recovering well. How are your TGU's coming along? They look so easy but are really hard to do.

Wendy~ I really enjoy the 4DS series too....especially the weight work. Normally I'm not one to wait outside for a store to open but this sampler cd is worth it. 100% of proceeds go to local charities. I put my new cd on my iPod and it is awesome!

Where are all our other peeps today?

JJ

Took a short nap. Will probably take another LOL!!

JJ, I can relate to the TGU!! I like simple moves. Ones with only one step :rolleyes: Honestly I haven't even tried again since Sundayish. I told Katie that I am one of those people who can not walk and chew gum at the same time :eek: We haven't even discussed snatches or windmills yet. Though I did try a snatch the other day on my own. Who knows if I did it right LOL!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.