PEEP-A-BOO It's TUESDAY 12/16!

Boilergal

Cathlete
Guten Morgen, Peeps!

UGH cold morning here in Dallas with icy roads in some areas!!! And Dallasites CANNOT drive on this ice, no matter how minute the amount!! Houdini and I will drive very slowly this morning en route to Grandma's and work!!

I got up and did 4DS HIS. I'm so excited--the only part that is tripping me up now is in the third combo, after you do the turn over the step for the shuffle-pivot--hitch kick. I don't know why but this totally loses me everytime. HOWEVER, this is a vast improvement from when I first got the DVD, so I'm totally estatic about my progress!! Yea!! I have to say, once you get it, this step routine is SO FUN!!

I'll check back once I get to the office. Stay warm, everyone!

:) Wendy

Hi Peeps,

I am off to DS school to wrap 30 presents for the poor children. These are from the 400+ that I recieved in honor of Dr. Epple. People have been so generous. My DS's class is doing this as a project for Christmas.
Of course it's pouring rain again here in NJ. So they might be wet toys, becuase I have to bring younger son with me and he walks VERY slowly. Never mind the MAJOR DOMS I have from Cathe yesterday!!!!

Wendy- I detest the ice. I am the biggest baby about driving on it. Black ice keeps me home, regardless of the event. Be careful and I hope it warms up.

Dani- snow in Vegas???? OMG, I would love to see it. Bet it's pretty!!!

Karin,JJ,Jerry,Vilma Heather. I'll BBL for personals.
All PEEPS have a great and warm day!!!
ellie

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good morning! We cancelled our last Zumba class of the year due to the weather. I can handle driving when it snows, but black ice is another story. My teacher is a college student, and she is leaving for the winter break Wednesday. If the weather cooperates, I am planning to meet her at my favorite local cafe Wednesday morning for gingerbread pancakes so I can give her Christmas present to her.

I had to leave home early this morning, take an alternate route to avoid bridges and overpasses, and drive slowly today. It is 28 degrees this morning. Brrr. Please pass the hot chocolate! Did I mention that I do not own a coat? I donated my coats to the family abuse shelter. It was 80 degrees Sunday, so buying a coat has not entered my mind this season. Texas has wild weather swings! I found my gloves, and I wore fuzzy socks on the way to work to keep my feet warm.

Wendy, I am praying for safe travel this morning. Thinking about your precious little angel looking forward to seeing the Christmas tree made my heart smile last night. Does she like the lights and decorations? HIS is a blast! If we ever meet in person, I can help you with that last combination.

Ellie, I am so glad God blessed your precious boys with you for their mother. You will teach them that they are precious and just as valuable and capable as someone with perfect eyesight. I am saddened by the thread you posted yesterday.

Karin, are you ready for the finale tonight? I am looking forward to seeing the transformations and ready to leave this season behind and start over with a fresh and hopefully more inspiring cast in January!

Jerry, I am glad you had a blast yesterday. Did you wake up feeling like you had been run over by a steamroller?

Hugs and waves to Dani, JJ, Vilma, and any other Peeps who visit today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Morning Peepers:

Looks like a lot of us are dealing with unusually cold weather. We are currently at -9 degrees which is way below average for December in MN. I worry about all the birds and animals that live outside. My poor dog goes out for a few minutes and comes in limping with frozen paws :(

I've got cardio on tap for today but haven't decided which one yet. I'm leaning toward 4DS KB/BC combo.

Wendy~ Be careful driving today! Good job on HIS...that shuffle-pivot-hitch kick-stomp is tricky.

Ellie~ Sounds like Cathe's class was ________ (insert word of choice...torture...fun...etc.);) Have fun wrapping all those gifts. How nice to see generosity is still alive and well!

Heather~ Black ice is so dangerous. My nephew lives in San Antonio and texted my DS with excitement over having snow in TX. He grew up in MN and has missed it:confused: Stay warm!

Waves to all other peeps who follow.

JJ

I MADE IT TO WORK! Whoo! It was NOT a fun drive. After I got out of my sub-division, like seriously, five minutes from my house, a car was spun around backwards and crashed into the guard rail. We crept along, as there was black ice on the bridges and overpasses and of course, I have to take a serious expressway with LOTS of bridges to get to work! Then there is always some yahoo who is driving like 50 and on your tail and annoyed because you are going slow...Makes me CRAZY!!

Houdini wouldn't listen to me, as when we got out of the car, I said, "Mommy is going to carry you today, the sidewalk is slippery." Well, she screamed and kicked me and began to fight me hard so I put her down before I dropped her and WHAM! She's on her butt crying. So I pick her back up and the fights me so bad I had to tuck her under one arm, walk around Grandma's iced-over sidewalk, and carry her into the house while she's throwing a FIT. Two people were out walking their dogs and I'm sure they thought I was torturing her. Or a bad mother for letting her fall on the sidewalk, LOL...

Ellie--That is so AWESOME about the presents!!! :)

Heather--Thank you for the prayers! And yes, if we ever meet, you MUST teach me that combo!!! LOL!

JJ--Your poor doggie! You might have to get him/her some of those "paw shoes" I've seen on dogs to keep their feet toasty!!

:) Wendy

My legs hurt! I never have leg DOMs and have had them since last week. I think they were exacerbated last night with my hilly elliptical workout. Tonight I am going to do 20 min on the treadmill and weights at the gym.

I really need to go to a running store and get proper shoes for running. I want them to analyze my gait and give me the tell me what my perfect shoe is. I have asked for money for new sneakers from family as a Christmas gift but I am sure that I will end up with a flashlight or something instead :rolleyes:.

Wendy – I hope that your drive to grandma’s and to work was uneventful. I hate driving in bad weather because of the other idiots on the road. Congrats on getting most of the combos on HIS. I haven’t even previewed it yet. I better get moving with 4DS and stop just doing the weight workouts from it.

Ellie – you are so awesome for doing all this work to help families in need.

Heather – did you say gingerbread pancakes, OMG! Those sound fabulous. It’s probably good that your class was cancelled. There is nothing worse than driving on ice. I am ready for the finale tonight and hoping that Michele wins and that anyone but Vicky’s husband or Heba or Ed win the at home title. Like we have said, horrible season. Let’s hope the next is better.

JJ – keep warm. It sounds very cold in MN too. Did you finish up your Christmas shopping? Are you traveling during the holidays or do you stay home?

Hi to Dani and Jerry and all the other peeps.

Hello Peeps!

I hope all are doing well and thank you for the well wishes on my 10 yr old daughter getting better.

With asthma its just one of those things that's chronic and so far she doing as well as she can be - she slept with me last night because I just wanted to make sure she was doing ok. Still giving her the nebulizer treatments which help immensely esp. at 1:45 in the morning.

Did some free form kettlebell work and thats my workout for the day - Got the HR up and used the muscles. Hopefully once all th eholidays are done and over with I can get back to a formal rotation.

Wendy HIS is fun - that hitch kick thingamabob is tricky eh?

Wow how scary for you to start your morning thank goodness you got to work safely - We had very dense fog which I had to drive through very carefully and slowly at some parts I swore I was living back in England it was so thick you could slice it with a knife- ugh!

Awww she so wants to be independant and a big girl - I'm sure your neighbors understood you were not torturing your child by trying to carry her to the car. :)

Ellie Good for you w/ helping on all those presents, I'm sure the teachers and staff appreciate all your help with their projects :)

Heather

Passes Heather some Hot Chocolate and a nice warm cozy quilt.

Best to stay home when the weather is that bad - Black ice is very danderous as I have had a bad expierience with it years ago - once again living in England on a foggy late afternoon; our car ended up on a thick hedge and thankfully people were able to help us out carefully before the car ended up on its side. DH was not even going fast but black ice is black ice you can't see it until you swerve and your tires lose traction - scary scary.

Waves to JJ passes JJ a hot toddy to stay warm in that -9 temp brrr
Have a good time with your cardio .

Karin I don't have a elliptical but when I do hill climbs I put my TM up on the highest grade and walk nice and slow upwards with my weighted vest and boy oh boy I can understand your DOMs.

Hopefully you can get your running shoes money and get your feet properly placed in good running shoes.

Hello to all the Peeps that follow and remember drink your water ;)

picture.php

Good evening, peeps!!!

Just finished up my holiday shopping today, thankfully!!

Wendy & Heather...Cowboys were most impressive on Sunday night...Eagles/Cowboys for the final playoff spot may just happen, if only the Eagles had actually beaten the Bengals, we'd be almost guaranteed this!!

Heather, the hardest part of the class with Cathe is always yanking myself back out of my car after an hour long drive back home, everything hurts, I honestly question my own sanity for willingly putting myself through this sometimes!

Ellie, watching you with your kids just adds to my admiration for you, you have the hardest job in the world..also the most rewarding..major props to you, Burger Babe!!

I'm of to do a 2 mile indoor jog later..hope to check back in this evening, if I can!

Take care,

Jerry

eating sucks, workouts are non-existent for the past 4 days, can't seem to sleep more than 5 hours a night, 'tude down the tubes! Where's a good piece when you need it! Chocolate, of course... I started an over-the-top klutz-fest tonite too... whacked my shin on the vacuum, stabbed myself with my ring, scratched my chin with my thumbnail, shocked myself with my computer, smooshed my hand against the wall and the garbage can! Lordy, what else could go wrong tonite!

At least this post is late and most of you are all sleeping so won't hear the diary of a mad-woman!

OH Golly, we might get more SNOW tomorrow, too! what's left?

sorry, not much for personals tonite, but hope all the peeps in da house had a better day than me! and by all means BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! Safe travels to all who venture out into the weather!

Dani, sorry that you are having a rough couple of days. I hope that you get the sleep you need tonight and can start anew tomorrow and stop hurting yourself :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.