Peeling Step

Rhonita

I have an Step that I have been using for many years. The manufacturer now makes the step with a sheet of solid black rubber tread on the top surface. However, when the Step first came out there were two diagonal rectangular areas in the black rubber tread where Rebock put their brand name. I noticed that on my step the tread is starting to separate at one of these areas. It is not ripped but just lifting up. I have tried gluing it back with super super super glue I bought at Home Depot, but it has not worked. Other than buying a new step and making the old one into a mini-step, does anybody have any suggestions on how to repair the tread.

I have not seen the step you are referring to, but could you nail it or use a staple gun? Please be careful you don't trip on the part thats lifting up!!

Hello,

I have the same step and had a similiar problem. I tried glue but it did not work! So what I did was go to the hardware store and bought thick & wide clear tape( make sure its a good brand). I taped all the areas that were lifting up and it worked wonders! Till this day I use the step!Please let me know if it works out for you.

Doesn't it have a lifetime warranty? Call the company. Maybe you will get a new step!

Epoxy worked for me!

Rhonita,

I had to reglue my step mat down to the step while assembling my mini-topper, and epoxy glue worked great!

You can find it at hardware stores. Get the kind designed to hold plastics and rubber. Often it comes in two tubes you mix together. Then when you apply the glue, make sure you press the mat down evenly and hold it a few minutes. I got bubbles when I didn't press evenly. The second time I did it, I just sat down on the step! Got glue on my rear, but it worked!

I've also used spray-on adhesive while gluing mats (I've made a few mini-toppers!) and it works very well too, but it's more expensive and harder to buy the kind that works on plastic.

Good luck!

Dawn P.

RE: I e-mailed the company

The only Reebok web site I could find had shoes. Can you give me the address.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.